'21 TN TE Hudson Wolfe (Ole Miss commit)

Rounding the thread back into form, this guy would be a great get, but I don’t think he wants to come to UT. I don’t know him personally though. I know his dad in passing, but no insider info.

If we miss on Darnell we really need to turn up the heat here. Wolfe wanted to go to LSU but doesn't want to go there now since they signed Gilbert.

Bama/Clemson will be our biggest competition.
Talked to a source close to Wolfe yesterday who indicated that Ohio St is the favorite right now.

Reactions: de1conley
Talked to a source close to Wolfe yesterday who indicated that Ohio St is the favorite right now.

Kids want to play on Sundays and until UT gets that back on track like it was in the 90s the other Big time guys will continue to use this against us in recruiting. Player development has taken a major step and guys are again making all SEzc teams. So the corner has been turned but has to continue. We're going in the right direction here and it has become fun again to talk to coaches and the players you are close to vs the hellacious time of the previous staff and guys wanting to fight the coaches and quit.

Some people want us to recruit and sign all the in state kids, but also want us to recruit on the level of Georgia and Alabama. You can't have it both ways.

Khaki Pants offered this weekend.. so OSU, PSU and Ugly Helmets all from the Big 10 have offered now.

Gonna suck if Wolfe and Briningstool both go out of state. Sounds like this kid to OSU or Bama and the other is leaning Clemson.
I honestly don't think JB has a ton of interest at this point, but that could change. A couple of things to our advantage with HW is Nieds will be his primary and position coach and there are ppl around the kid in Savannah that are pro-UT. I know one or two.

I honestly don't think JB has a ton of interest at this point, but that could change. A couple of things to our advantage with HW is Nieds will be his primary and position coach and there are ppl around the kid in Savannah that are pro-UT. I know one or two.
I know nothing of this guys recruitment. The area I do. I agree with you the area is pro UT, but there is a strong ole miss presence as well. I bailed the area after graduating HCHS in 01.

I know nothing of this guys recruitment. The area I do. I agree with you the area is pro UT, but there is a strong ole miss presence as well. I bailed the area after graduating HCHS in 01.
I'm friends with a guy on the HC staff. Says he's a Bama lean but not the lock everyone thinks. Smart kid apparently and will do his due diligence.

I know some are divided on the importance of in-state recruiting, but I think it is paramount to get the elite in-state talent. Tennessee produces a lot more D1 and even SEC talent than it used to, but there still aren’t that many consensus Top 50 type players. We need to be getting the majority of those guys.

I know some are divided on the importance of in-state recruiting, but I think it is paramount to get the elite in-state talent. Tennessee produces a lot more D1 and even SEC talent than it used to, but there still aren’t that many consensus Top 50 type players. We need to be getting the majority of those guys.

Though I agree with you fully, losing this kid or Jake Briningstool. I would rather have Jordan Dingle instead from Bowling Green, KY. He's a TN Kid that moved to BG.

Though I agree with you fully, losing this kid or Jake Briningstool. I would rather have Jordan Dingle instead from Bowling Green, KY. He's a TN Kid that moved to BG.

So you want the shorter, lower rated guy for a position whose primary job is to take a few steps, turn around, and be the highest target on the field?

We looked at his brother Justice briefly. I guess decided he wasn't a take. Ended up at Georgia Tech

VN Store

Back