'21 TN TE Hudson Wolfe (Ole Miss commit)

I might be slightly biased because in the 1990s the Cowboys drafted Dave LaFleur in the first round to replace Jay Novacek. LaFleur was talented but had what was supposed to be a minor back injury that became nagging and ultimately ruined his career before it ever got started.

No clue what Wolfs back injury is but im knee-jerkingly extremely cynical of his ultimate impact here based on this news.

Back injuries are killer in football.

I might be slightly biased because in the 1990s the Cowboys drafted Dave LaFleur in the first round to replace Jay Novacek. LaFleur was talented but had what was supposed to be a minor back injury that became nagging and ultimately ruined his career before it ever got started.

No clue what Wolfs back injury is but im knee-jerkingly extremely cynical of his ultimate impact here based on this news.

Back injuries are killer in football.
His tweet said he was having a microdiscectomy. I’m no Dr. but I’ve had that surgery. It’s a herniated disc, it puts pressure on the nerves in the spinal column. They go in a trim or cut off the ruptured disc. I had about a 1” incision

Screenshot_20200911-131554.jpg
tenor (27).gif
That would surprise me. Can’t rule out anything, because he definitely did like Ohio State at one point. But Wolfe made it very clear this week in his tweet announcing his back surgery that he’s planning to enroll at Tennessee in January, and I’ve heard nothing suggesting he’s seriously looking around.
Callahan says to Jan

Worse. We are talking nerve damage in the back.
I doubt he plays much at all.
I played 3 years in high school with nerve damage in mine and never actually had that surgery(or any back surgery for that matter) he’s having done. It’s supposed to actually make a huge difference and prolong your ability to have functionality in your back. I think he’s at least having it done at a good age. So young he can heal up and fingers crossed that he could even bounce back like it never happened. I really hope so for his sake. I’m all about some Hudson

I had a microdisectomy on ruptered L4/L5 in 2013. I have a strenuous job with alot of lifting. My back hasn't been the same since. The surgery literally just got me out of pain and functional. This is a minor back surgery that usually leads to more surgeries down the road due to degenative disc disease

I had a microdisectomy on ruptered L4/L5 in 2013. I have a strenuous job with alot of lifting. My back hasn't been the same since. The surgery literally just got me out of pain and functional. This is a minor back surgery that usually leads to more surgeries down the road due to degenative disc disease
Oh no. That’s disappointing. Hate to hear that, man. I’m glad I never had it done.

No way I was getting surgery. Rehab, and vigorous exercise. Doc told me i may never jog for sustained periods or, if I did it would be a long while before.

Lifting light weights, pilates....and walking. Loooots and lots of walking.

Same here Brother, I’ve accepted that mine will never be like it once was.

Reactions: Stepnstone24
There are guys who continue playing. Gronk has had the same surgery, more than once I think. Pretty sure Pope has also had a couple, but it really sucks for someone this young and big. If I were him, I’d be giving up football.

There used to be a procedure called chemonucleolysis that takes an extract from a papaya and injects into the rupture to dissolve it. I had it in the 80's , but I'm not sure if it is still used.

VN Store

Back