‘23 TN SDE Trevor Duncan (Tennessee commit)

10660593.jpeg
images
Kid looks like a football player.

One of Tennessee's local targets is planning to visit the Vols again soon. Class of 2023 lineman Trevor Duncan of nearby Knoxville (Tenn.) Catholic High School told GoVols247 that he's scheduled to return to Tennessee on April 2 to attend one of the Vols' spring practices.

The 6-foot-5, 275-pound Duncan will be visiting the Vols for the fourth time since late July. He received a scholarship offer from Tennessee coach Josh Heupel's staff on July 31 while visiting the Vols for their "Rocky Top Palooza" event, and he made the short drive to Tennessee's campus again Oct. 16 to attend its home game against Ole Miss. He most recently returned Jan. 22 for the Vols' first junior day of the year.

Duncan said he's also planning to travel to Virginia Tech on March 26 before making the trip to Tennessee the following weekend, and Vanderbilt is scheduled to host him on April 9.

Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Purdue also have extended offers to Duncan, a two-way lineman. He primarily played on the defensive line during his junior season, but multiple schools have expressed interest in using him on the offensive line, where he also has played in some situations.

Duncan's older brother, Cody Duncan, is a walk-on tight end at Virginia Tech. Trevor Duncan told GoVols247 in October that Tennessee and "definitely Virginia Tech" were among the teams recruiting him hardest, along with West Virginia and Mississippi State. He attended at least one of the Hokies' games during the 2021 season.

After his latest trip to Tennessee in January, he said the Vols were one of two teams standing out most to him, along with SEC East rival Kentucky.

“I really liked it,” he said in January, referring to his experience at Tennessee's junior day. “It kind of impressed me a lot more than I thought they would this time. The coaching staff, I really liked. I love them. (I liked) just kind of how they do things, too — how it’s all organized and very smooth and all that.”

Duncan said in January that he was already hearing from Heupel's staff on a weekly basis. The possibility of staying home and playing in the SEC is one of the reasons he’s high on Tennessee.

“Being a hometown kid definitely helps making it more appealing. That’s kind of the main thing,” he said at the time.
-Callahan

If he waits to Fall to make a decision I am afraid his decision will be made for him. I really do not think he is at a talent level for many teams to hold a position for him.

LOCAL LINEMAN WORKING TOWARD DECISION

One of Tennessee’s local targets in the 2023 class, lineman Trevor Duncan of Knoxville Catholic High School, visited the Vols again Saturday to attend their first spring scrimmage and is starting to work toward a decision. After his latest trip to Tennessee, he indicated that he’s likely to announce a commitment sometime this spring, with a trip to Vanderbilt this weekend potentially being one of his final stops before he makes his choice. The Commodores and Virginia Tech are currently the Vols’ main competition for the 6-foot-5.5, 277-pound Duncan.

Tennessee has continued to push for him since extending an offer to him in late July, and sources close to his recruitment believe the Vols are in good shape with him going into what might be the final weeks of his recruitment before he makes his choice. His trip to Vanderbilt is still worth watching, and it remains to be seen whether the chance to join his brother — Virginia Tech tight end Cody Duncan — in Blacksburg, Va., will be a major factor in his decision. But there’s reason to believe Tennessee still might be tough to beat for the younger Duncan coming off his visit with the Vols last weekend.
-Callahan

He is a very good player and would be a great addition to our football and University.
Yes as would many of the other kids at his position that we are currently recruiting. It’s simply a numbers game if he waits until the fall

Yes as would many of the other kids at his position that we are currently recruiting. It’s simply a numbers game if he waits until the fall
AP said the other day that he talks to Garner, Ellerbe, or Heupel everyday, they really want this dude, and is supposed to do something by May.

VN Store

Back