‘23 TN SDE Nathan Robinson

The Class of 2023 defensive end/linebacker from Greenbrier (Tenn.) High School said his first trip to Knoxville on April 24 made a good impression on him, and he’s already planning to return next month for one of Tennessee’s camps.

“It was awesome,” Robinson said. “I mean, you hear how big football is on that campus and that is stadium is, and then you go there and it’s like, ‘Whoa.’ It was awesome.”

The 6-foot-5, 245-pound Robinson said he was particularly impressed by “seeing how many people showed up for a spring game through everything going on.” Thousands of fans still were in attendance for Tennessee’s spring game amis the COVID-19 pandemic despite forecasted rain that impacted the Knoxville area earlier in the day and threatened to put a damper on the scrimmage.

“Still seeing that many people there was pretty crazy,” he said.

While Robinson is expected to play defense in college, he said he couldn’t help but notice how effective Tennessee’s offense was during the Vols’ spring game. The two teams combined for 79 points.

“They put up a lot of points — a lot,” he said. “It definitely makes my job defensively easier if they’re putting up a lot of points.”

He’s hoping to get an even better feel for Tennessee sometime next month. He said the Vols recently reached out to his coach and expressed interest in hosting him for one of their camps, and he’s planning to make it back to Knoxville.

“They’ve called my coach about camp, so I’ll probably be up there for that one,” Robinson said, adding that he has yet to schedule an exact date for the trip.
-Callahan

T Dog

We are more alike than we are different
This might be the #1 cruit in TN next year just listening to AP and crew talk him up ever chance they get. Gotta land him.

Maxwell865

Vol 4 Lyfe
— Class of 2023 defensive lineman Nathan Robinson of Greenbrier (Tenn.) High School also generated plenty of buzz with his performance Friday night. Tennessee gave the 6-foot-5, 243-pound Robinson his first SEC scholarship offer in April, and he added an offer from Vanderbilt on Tuesday. He primarily has played linebacker in high school to this point, but he projects as a likely defensive lineman and worked on the defensive line throughout the camp. Robinson showed good athleticism and received plenty of attention from the Vols' coaches both during and after the camp.
-Callahan

Big Gucci Sosa

VN Twitter Insider Member. Check the stats.
Greenbrier OLB/DE Nathan Robinson just looks the part. He has an impressive lower half and is just touching the surface of what he is going to grow into over time. He plays OLB in high school but worked on the DL at camp which put him in unfamiliar territory and he still did well.
VQ

VN Store

Sponsors