'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

Glad to see this...he and Banks will make a good stable of big backs...we’ve got Gray to fill Chandlers role when he leaves after this year...definitely like this pick up if it happens
You think Ty is leaving early?

You think Ty is leaving early?

It all depends on what kind of season he has...I’m hedging my bets that he’ll be one of if not the focal point of a very decent offense and that will lead to the kind of numbers he needs to declare for the draft...RB shelf lives are so short they’ve got to get it while the gettin is good

It all depends on what kind of season he has...I’m hedging my bets that he’ll be one of if not the focal point of a very decent offense and that will lead to the kind of numbers he needs to declare for the draft...RB shelf lives are so short they’ve got to get it while the gettin is good
I am a big fan of him. Very glad Ty is a Volunteer. But him declaring after this season is very very unlikely.

Reactions: BucVol98
I’d say 4.47 speed (if that is legit) ain’t far from breakaway.

Look at his tape. He's not that.

But does it really matter if you're strong enough to drag a defender 5 yards into the endzone.?

Wide base and very strong lower body is hard to tackle. He needs to be in Orange!

Look at his tape. He's not that.

But does it really matter if you're strong enough to drag a defender 5 yards into the endzone.?

Wide base and very strong lower body is hard to tackle. He needs to be in Orange!
Derrick Henry didn’t have “breakaway” speed either and he turned out pretty good.

Derrick Henry didn’t have “breakaway” speed either and he turned out pretty good.

Derrick Henry had many breakaway runs. He gets faster as he runs. He had a 93 yard TD last year against the Jax Jaguars.

I think of Tee Hodge like a James Wilder Jr. Could catch, pass block and run hard with amazing feet for his size and frame. He and Banks can wear down defenses together

We need that. I don't care if he's a 3 star.

Derrick Henry had many breakaway runs. He gets faster as he runs. He had a 93 yard TD last year against the Jax Jaguars.

I think of Tee Hodge like a James Wilder Jr. Could catch, pass block and run hard with amazing feet for his size and frame. He and Banks can wear down defenses together

We need that. I don't care if he's a 3 star.
That 93 yard run was the opposite of breakaway, but it was still a glorious run

A little off topic but I don’t think there is a thread yet but can y’all please go look at Julian Simon from Tacoma WA. 2021 ath 6’2 225 👀

I doubt he's a sub-4.5 guy but we need a big-bodied back who can run powerfully between the tackles. Want.
There a very very few backs that run a sub 4.5. You hear about guys running tremendous times but this year at the combine only 5 backs ran a sub 4.5 40 and two of them ran a 4.49 and another kid ran a 4.48.

I am a big fan of him. Very glad Ty is a Volunteer. But him declaring after this season is very very unlikely.

Part of me hopes you’re right...a 2020 backfield of Banks/Hodge as Thunder and Chandler/Gray as Lightning looks pretty awesome on paper...but that would likely mean Chandler didn’t have that great of a 2019 which likely means our offense wasn’t very good which likely means our entire season wasn’t very good...

Long story short...I don’t like what him not declaring likely means for our 2019 season

Part of me hopes you’re right...a 2020 backfield of Banks/Hodge as Thunder and Chandler/Gray as Lightning looks pretty awesome on paper...but that would likely mean Chandler didn’t have that great of a 2019 which likely means our offense wasn’t very good which likely means our entire season wasn’t very good...

Long story short...I don’t like what him not declaring likely means for our 2019 season
I get what you are saying but I just think you are over-doing it. We can be good on offense and him not be in a position to be an early draft pick. Maybe we can't be great on offense without him putting up numbers that would make him come out early. But I don't think bring great on offense is a realistic possibility. Just shooting for 'good' on offense.

I get what you are saying but I just think you are over-doing it. We can be good on offense and him not be in a position to be an early draft pick. Maybe we can't be great on offense without him putting up numbers that would make him come out early. But I don't think bring great on offense is a realistic possibility. Just shooting for 'good' on offense.
The biggest issue working against Ty is that the 2020 NFL Draft class is loaded at RB. He’d need a great season and combine to crack the top 2 rounds, probably.

VN Store

Back