'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

His dad is a big FSU fan I think
If his dad is the Larry Hodge I am thinking of... graduated from Maryville HS in 1992 - also went to Fort Craig Elementary through the 5th grade in 1985... younger brother of Troy Hodge? Then this kid won't be coming to UT. I would forget about him and it's not anything Pruitt has done or should have done either.

but another example of "in state" simply not mattering....

before anyone blames Jeremy Pruitt on lack of instate recruiting...they need to take a look at who these kids are "wanting offers from"....

FSU, Clemson, Bama, GA, LSU, OSU............they don't grow up here all the time, and they definitely haven't grown up thinking UT football is on the same level as any of those schools.

so if you want to blame someone for the poor in state recruiting, while Middle TN was going thru it's population boom...find Mike Hamilton, DAve Hart, Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley and Butch Jones....and tell them what you think about their contributions in this regard.

find the best players you can. get as many as you can. win.

the rest will follow later.
3a8c5984e7553eaaa28035b8a1a5f8c0.gif

If his dad is the Larry Hodge I am thinking of... graduated from Maryville HS in 1992 - also went to Fort Craig Elementary through the 5th grade in 1985... younger brother of Troy Hodge? Then this kid won't be coming to UT. I would forget about him and it's not anything Pruitt has done or should have done either.

I went to those schools, too. But, not in those decades.

Sounds like he is looking for a reason to not Tennessee.
I wouldn’t say that he is looking for a reason to not go to Tennessee. He is very interested in them and staying close to the home. There are a lot of factors with him such as the prospect of playing on the defensive side of the ball at Tennessee. He’s not completely opposed but it is still a factor considering other schools are recruiting him as a back. As far as the bama offer goes if you’ve grew up watching and playing football in the last decade you would most likely desire that offer as well.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
I’m not ready to go there yet. He wanted that Florida state offer bad, his dad has really enjoyed both trips down there but still no offer. I am sure that has not resonated well. Personally, Tee wants that Alabama offer and he plans to camp there over the summer. He may pull the trigger before then but I would lean more towards late summer. Tennessee has done a great job of being consistent with him though.

These are the type of kids that end up at Mizzou, Arkansas, Louisville, etc. when December rolls around. By the time he realizes that neither FSU nor Bama want him, UT will be full. Don't wish the kid bad, but it appears that some of these TN kids have an unrealistic view of where they are on an out-of-state school's list.

These are the type of kids that end up at Mizzou, Arkansas, Louisville, etc. when December rolls around. By the time he realizes that neither FSU nor Bama want him, UT will be full. Don't wish the kid bad, but it appears that some of these TN kids have an unrealistic view of where they are on an out-of-state school's list.
Very likely.

That is his dad (he grew up loving FSU, so I get your opinion) but you are off on this one. Tennessee is the leader by a wide margin. I know his family well (Tee's grandmother and my mom are best friends).

Last edited:
That is his dad (he grew up loving FSU, so I get your opinion) but you are off on this one. Tennessee is the leadr by a wide margin. I know his family well (Tee's grandmother and my mom are best friend's).
Hey Guys,
Based on measuables, Hodge is a take. No matter if he comes from Maryville, TN or Maryvale, CA. He is the complimentary heavyweight to go with Gray in the out years. But, if he gets a FSU offer and takes it, fine; we'll look somewhere else to find who(m) we need. But let's not fret or sweat his coming or not just because he's home grown.
Until we return to a place where our performance speaks for itself and kids are hoping in their prayers for an offer from us, let's just get the ones that are: A, good enough to win in the SEC; B, kds of solid personal and academic character; and C Want To Be Vols.
If guys like Morris and Hodge dream of playing at FSU, then dream on and "Adios Amigos, Buenos Suerte!" Goodbye and good luck.
Let's get the ones we need from the ones that want to be here!

That makes them idiots too then. Unreal how quickly you guys make up your minds about a kid based on so little evidence. He posts good numbers in the summer and suddenly everyone right back in the wagon. It’s why kids make the choices that benefit themselves. Fans are too ****ing fickle.
I didn't say I didn't want him. I want who the coaches want that wants to play for Tennessee. But if AL and FSU don't want him why should TN fans be upset if he doesn't want us?

Hey Guys,
Based on measuables, Hodge is a take. No matter if he comes from Maryville, TN or Maryvale, CA. He is the complimentary heavyweight to go with Gray in the out years. But, if he gets a FSU offer and takes it, fine; we'll look somewhere else to find who(m) we need. But let's not fret or sweat his coming or not just because he's home grown.
Until we return to a place where our performance speaks for itself and kids are hoping in their prayers for an offer from us, let's just get the ones that are: A, good enough to win in the SEC; B, kds of solid personal and academic character; and C Want To Be Vols.
If guys like Morris and Hodge dream of playing at FSU, then dream on and "Adios Amigos, Buenos Suerte!" Goodbye and good luck.

Agreed, but there's nothing wrong with fighting for these kids. Tee loves Tennessee, he's just doing his due diligence right now.

Hey Guys,
Agreed, but there's nothing wrong with fighting for these kids. Tee loves Tennessee, he's just doing his due diligence right now.
On the VQ podcast the other day they were talking about rb's and Tee Hodge's name was never brought up. Doesnt sound as though we are going after him very hard.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
I understand your point, but FSU is such a dumpster fire right now that UT may be the "better" program.
agreed. just a commentary on how recruits, especially in state recurits, see other programs relative to TN. FSU is in worse shape than we are, yet he's "waiting on an offer" from them anyway.

i have no idea if his offer from us committable right now or not. but seems it wouldn't matter based on some of the info in this thread.

we're the back up plan, according to some of those....and he's down the freakin' street....lol.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Can’t win with some of these instate kids. Lol. I mean you either offer too late(in their opinion) or you offer early and they wait for other offers.
Then they are going to be upset if we don't save them a spot while they are looking around just because they are from Tennessee.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back