'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

I have never in two years been impressed with Chandler’s ability. He has some speed but unless he has a hole 10 yards wide , he is not going to make many plays. I do not see him make people miss and he never would of taken it to the house like Gray did against Vanderbilt. I think his maximum upside is an average college Rb that is part of a platoon system. I do not see him making an NFL roster unless it is a practice squad.
It's fine to believe he is a better player in space than making people miss between the tackles, whixh is seemingly what you are saying, and I'd agree that Gray is superior in that area. However, there is lot of real estate between that and calling him a dud.

No one is calling him a potential first or second day pick, either. He is pretty much a one-out runner who takes what is there, but he is a really good receiver out of the backfield, and makes plays in that area.

Personally, I don't think he is what Pruitt prefers in a RB for his offense. This is evident in the reluctance to lean on Chandler and why 3 different backs reached 100+ carries for a team that ran the 2nd fewest plays in the league, last year. Tennessee was the only team in the SEC to have 3 backs go over 100 carries. It will be interesting to see if Chandler and/or Gray get more of a lion's share this season behind a much better offensive line on a team that may have to rely more on the running game.

There were flashes and he did not play enough for a good statistical analysis.

I’m just getting started. This is only round 2.
He's just not a prototypical college RB these days. Not optimal for these non-FB, non-close formations. He needed to show out to prove otherwise and he didn't.

The Kamara types are proving more valuable than the Hurds and Banks guys. Quicker/lower hole hitters, better passcatching, agility, more vertical stretch, etc.

There are the rare BIG freaks (Henry) and always will be a couple, but they are so rare. The rest will go with the modern RBs...for now at least, unless the pendulum swings way back, but don't see that anytime soon. We are still maximizing the more efficient passing offenses. More RB value attrition is still ahead. NFL only caught it a few years ago and RB contracts are getting beat up.

He's just not a prototypical college RB these days. Not optimal for these non-FB, non-close formations. He needed to show out to prove otherwise and he didn't.

The Kamara types are proving more valuable than the Hurds and Banks guys. Quicker/lower hole hitters, better passcatching, agility, more vertical stretch, etc.

There are the rare BIG freaks (Henry) and always will be a couple, but they are so rare. The rest will go with the modern RBs...for now at least, unless the pendulum swings way back, but don't see that anytime soon. We are still maximizing the more efficient passing offenses. More RB value attrition is still ahead. NFL only caught it a few years ago and RB contracts are getting beat up.

Banks is built like Kamara. Thick lower bodies. Good balance. He has good hands too. I think he’s built for whatever coaches want to do with him.
1595880817227.jpeg
1595880929664.jpeg

Regardless of who is going to be playing at RB.. I'm hoping two thing will make a difference.. First the Oline... Second.. Having a former running back as a coach in Jay Graham.. Anyway.. Back to the Banks of Running Line Backer debate! 😬

Regardless of who is going to be playing at RB.. I'm hoping two thing will make a difference.. First the Oline... Second.. Having a former running back as a coach in Jay Graham.. Anyway.. Back to the Banks of Running Line Backer debate! 😬
Always surprised Gillespie was let go...but man that all turned out niiice!

Banks is built like Kamara. Thick lower bodies. Good balance. He has good hands too. I think he’s built for whatever coaches want to do with him.
View attachment 295733
View attachment 295734
I think Eric Gray and Kamara are built almost identically. Both entered college as 5-10, 195 pound freshman with strong legs and narrow shoulders, good hands, quickness and agility. If Gray fills out to the 215 lb range that AK played at as a SO and JR, then they have similar talents, IMO.

I think Eric Gray and Kamara are built almost identically. Both entered college as 5-10, 195 pound freshman with strong legs and narrow shoulders, good hands, quickness and agility. If Gray fills out to the 215 lb range that AK played at as a SO and JR, then they have similar talents, IMO.

Yep.

There were flashes and he did not play enough for a good statistical analysis.

I’m just getting started. This is only round 2.
He had flashes against ETSU (62 yards 13 carries) and UTEP (45 yards with 9 carries).

Ran for 75 more yards between 4 games:
5 carries/11 yards against WVU
8 carries/25 yards against Florida
6 carries/18 yards against UGA
11 carries/24 yards against Charlotte

Facts support arguments. Your facts don’t hold up. But you have to right to think he should play rb until the cows come home. You do you

Reactions: ChiTownVol
He had flashes against ETSU (62 yards 13 carries) and UTEP (45 yards with 9 carries).

Ran for 75 more yards between 4 games:
5 carries/11 yards against WVU
8 carries/25 yards against Florida
6 carries/18 yards against UGA
11 carries/24 yards against Charlotte

Facts support arguments. Your facts don’t hold up. But you have to right to think he should play rb until the cows come home. You do you
It was well documented here on VN , offensive line of 2018 was very poor. When he was getting even average blocking he was doing well. The stats you presented indicate poor line play, not a knock on Banks. Go on YouTube and watch Banks in those games.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It was well documented here on VN , offensive line of 2018 was very poor. When he was getting even average blocking he was doing well. The stats you presented indicate poor line play, not a knock on Banks. Go on YouTube and watch Banks in those games.
You’re incorrigible. My point was that he played his very best against UTEP and ETSU, where even a serviceable offensive line will do. Same offensive line, same game against ETSU: Chandler had 12 carries for 158 yards. Banks had 9 for 62 yards. Is he your best friend or something? I guarantee you he’s not sitting here going “man i hope i get to play RB”. Mainly because he asked Pruitt to switch to LB his freshman year during the UGA game because he saw that being a quicker path to playing time. Which is what everyone here can see except you it seems.

Reactions: vol72
You’re incorrigible. My point was that he played his very best against UTEP and ETSU, where even a serviceable offensive line will do. Same offensive line, same game against ETSU: Chandler had 12 carries for 158 yards. Banks had 9 for 62 yards. Is he your best friend or something? I guarantee you he’s not sitting here going “man i hope i get to play RB”. Mainly because he asked Pruitt to switch to LB his freshman year during the UGA game because he saw that being a quicker path to playing time. Which is what everyone here can see except you it seems.
Nah, there are a few on here that believe he makes a better Rb.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Yeah, I agree he is a little tall for Rb’s these days. I guess I still like the big, fast bruisers like Jim Brown, Riggins, Franco Harris but most guys that big now become TE’s or WR’s now. I guess I’m hoping we get the next Derrick Henry.

Yeah I know that. I said if I was coach that is what I would do. Pruitt may be making the wrong call on this.

Yeah, but he could be in the rotation at Rb.

I have never in two years been impressed with Chandler’s ability. He has some speed but unless he has a hole 10 yards wide , he is not going to make many plays. I do not see him make people miss and he never would of taken it to the house like Gray did against Vanderbilt. I think his maximum upside is an average college Rb that is part of a platoon system. I do not see him making an NFL roster unless it is a practice squad.

Talking about the beginning of their freshman seasons. Gray did impress against Vandy and Indiana. Banks and Gray would be an excellent tandem and change of pace against Defenses.
ScE.gif

Hello fellows. I've been in the FF for a while ... I peruse the RF more in off season.

Any way, I was wondering if any of you had any idea why Tee Hodge isn't playing? I thought for sure when he was recruited that he was the first bruiser type RB that CJP had recruited (along with Whitehead who wants to play LB, correct?). I figured he'd get some playing time, even if he just got carries while learning protection schemes.

Looking for a friend here.
Thanks.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Hello fellows. I've been in the FF for a while ... I peruse the RF more in off season.

Any way, I was wondering if any of you had any idea why Tee Hodge isn't playing? I thought for sure when he was recruited that he was the first bruiser type RB that CJP had recruited (along with Whitehead who wants to play LB, correct?). I figured he'd get some playing time, even if he just got carries while learning protection schemes.

Thanks.
Nursing a calf injury.

Reportedly participated in the Sunday scrimmage, though.

Nursing a calf injury.

Reportedly participated in the Sunday scrimmage, though.

john-cena-nod-hat-tip.gif

ps - i've never like john cena. how'd he get so popular? terrible wrestler. seriously, thanks for the info tho.

Thanks.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of him soon. We need a guy like him to complement Chandler and Grey. Anxious to see Whitehead and Beckwith as well.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of him soon. We need a guy like him to complement Chandler and Grey. Anxious to see Whitehead and Beckwith as well.
We think that Whitehead eventually ends up at LB don't we? Seems like that was the consensus when we were recruiting him and that right now he's on the Jeremy Banks "we'll let you try RB" first thing where he'll end up moving to LB

VN Store

Back