'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

If you're old enough, the MHS/AHS '66 game was classic. Some estimated that 10k were there to see it. Btw, the good guys won.

The list of kids with similar or better numbers is long. He’s a good high school player. He doesn’t have that “it” to be a great college player and his lack of recruitment speaks to that. He lacks speed. Hell, there were tons of RBs who were more explosive and put up bigger numbers.

Davis, the QB and LB Shelton are the best players on this team.

I think that we're not looking for him to be our Derrick Henry or Fournette. We're simply recruiting him to be our power back to complement with Gray/Chandler (if he stays).

Right now in this class and next we have to pull some RBs.

Reactions: tatervol
I think that we're not looking for him to be our Derrick Henry or Fournette. We're simply recruiting him to be our power back to complement with Gray/Chandler (if he stays).

Right now in this class and next we have to pull some RBs.
I have never seen anyone compare him to Henry or Fournette. He is a short yardage, 4th quarter, move the chains type back. Something we currently lack.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I have never seen anyone compare him to Henry or Fournette. He is a short yardage, 4th quarter, move the chains type back. Something we currently lack.

That's not the point I'm trying to make. He doesn't have to be an elite RB with size and speed (like those two players). We need a back that is going to run downhill and move the ball with his size which allows our change-of-pace backs to be effective.

1575908588823.png

Hodge finished the season with 1,006 yards and 14 touchdowns on 143 carries. He missed three-and-a-half games with a turf-toe injury he suffered early in September. Hodge returned to action on Oct. 11 and totaled a combined 66 rushing yards in his next two games. Maryville coach Derek Hunt said he expected it would take Hodge some time to get back to full health. “Once he got healthy, I think it was very obvious,” Hunt said. “He was really good injured, but he was phenomenal when he was healthy, and he was phenomenal all throughout the playoffs for us.”

Hodge stepped up when the Rebels needed him most. He opened the postseason with a three-touchdown performance against Science Hill and averaged more than 108 rushing yards and almost two touchdowns in Maryville’s final five games.
Tee Hodge caps high school career in satisfying fashion

Last edited:
Not sure if Chaney has ever incorporated a fullback into his offense but Hodge would def fit the mold of a short yardage/h back/lead blocker... But i've never seen the kid play sooooo who knows... There are a lot of ways to use a big back like Hodge tho...

Not sure if Chaney has ever incorporated a fullback into his offense but Hodge would def fit the mold of a short yardage/h back/lead blocker... But i've never seen the kid play sooooo who knows... There are a lot of ways to use a big back like Hodge tho...
To fast to be fullback

He had committable offers to play RB at other big time schools besides UT. He will be a RB for the VOLS.

Chaney has shown that he loves to incorporate a run game using a power back and more of a slasher when he has the availability at his disposal. We're not recruiting all these big road graders for nothing.

His YPC and the rate he scored touchdwons is pretty good. It's too bad he got turf two but it's probably a good thing he didn't get overused in HS like a lot of big running backs do.

Reactions: Pane di mais

Channing Fugate is the only one I can recall when Chaney was here the first time around. Not sure about at his other stops.

VN Store

Back