'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

Because he has wanted an FSU offer the whole time. Plus he's a high school kid who is trying to make an important life decision that he thinks is best for him.
Sorry we're Tennessee fans. It is not best for us that he accepts a Tennessee offer while waiting on another offer. He has already made his important life decision.

i was pretty vocal earlier in the thread about Tee and his "relationship" w/UT and what he thought about getting an FSU or Bama offer. so i get where rebel is coming from.

my take on it at that point had a lot more to do with what folks would perceive about "in state" recruiting, and why losing a kid like Tee didn't matter because TN was never really going to be a consideration. it takes two for a relationsihp.

anyway.....

he didn't get those offers, so we don't really know (at least up to this point) what an offer from those schools would do.

that said, i still think you have to absolutely credit this staff, and the peer recruiters, for staying on Tee and getting him to the point where he wanted to commit. i for one, up until the last few weeks, had written Tee off and didn't think he'd be a part of this class.

i'm glad he is, and like i said, i don't know what happens if he gets an offer from FSU, but i'm inclined to believe at this point, if he really was hoping for those offers to come, with his whole sr. season still left to play, that he would not have committed here.

i think he sticks at this point. i think he's got a great relationship with this staff and the players, and the rest of the guys in his class.

they had their shot....i think he's all in.

Tee was definitely coming here from the jump he just needed to see how this thing was gonna be built and he want to be apart of the process like i said y’all just wait his senior season is gonna be awesome I think he’ll win Mr.football
maybe, but he certainly seemed enamoured with the idea of going to Bama or FSU......he had that one post earlier the thread quoting how he felt when he got that "official invite" to a Bama camp and how it had a card w/his name on it etc....he was genuinely excited about the opportunity. which is fine, with what Bama has been the last decade, if you fancy yourself a top shelf football player, i'm sure getting a shot down there gives you some sense of validaiton.....

a lot of his comments just had a certain "yeah, i like TN a lot..........." always with the potential for a "but" on the end....lol.

which again is why i'm pretty impressed they got him to the point where he wanted to commit here.....i wrote him off in April lol.

i was pretty vocal earlier in the thread about Tee and his "relationship" w/UT and what he thought about getting an FSU or Bama offer. so i get where rebel is coming from.

my take on it at that point had a lot more to do with what folks would perceive about "in state" recruiting, and why losing a kid like Tee didn't matter because TN was never really going to be a consideration. it takes two for a relationsihp.

anyway.....

he didn't get those offers, so we don't really know (at least up to this point) what an offer from those schools would do.

that said, i still think you have to absolutely credit this staff, and the peer recruiters, for staying on Tee and getting him to the point where he wanted to commit. i for one, up until the last few weeks, had written Tee off and didn't think he'd be a part of this class.

i'm glad he is, and like i said, i don't know what happens if he gets an offer from FSU, but i'm inclined to believe at this point, if he really was hoping for those offers to come, with his whole sr. season still left to play, that he would not have committed here.

i think he sticks at this point. i think he's got a great relationship with this staff and the players, and the rest of the guys in his class.

they had their shot....i think he's all in.
I think anyone that gets an offer from FSU and takes it is either being payed the most by them or sucks at deductive reasoning.

Reactions: Vol Main
FSU is a bigger dumpster fire than we were at the end of the BJ experiment. Why would Tee want to jump into that hot mess? Not adding up IMO...

tenor.gif

This has a Shawn Bryson feel to me. Start him more at fullback but still give him 6-8 carries a game. Anyone else see that, or you think straight running back?

This has a Shawn Bryson feel to me. Start him more at fullback but still give him 6-8 carries a game. Anyone else see that, or you think straight running back?
Straight RB. From talk it sounds like we want running backs between 230 and 245. If we have a FB I would imagine they would be in the 250 to 260 range. If reports are accurate about Tee Hodges size and speed we dont want to get banged up blocking 95 percent of the time.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Straight RB. From talk it sounds like we want running backs between 230 and 245. If we have a FB I would imagine they would be in the 250 to 260 range. If reports are accurate about Tee Hodges size and speed we dont want to get banged up blocking 95 percent of the time.
I feel like that 250 would be pretty easy for him to get to. Only reason I ask is I have a friend who coaches against Maryville every year. He coached at the college level for a bit, so he knows his stuff pretty well. He said Hodge will probably run for 300 yards against him but he could see him being a great fullback h-back type or MLB.

Reactions: VolInDayton
I feel like that 250 would be pretty easy for him to get to. Only reason I ask is I have a friend who coaches against Maryville every year. He coached at the college level for a bit, so he knows his stuff pretty well. He said Hodge will probably run for 300 yards against him but he could see him being a great fullback h-back type or MLB.
He would know way better than I would then.

VN Store

Back