'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

@Big Gucci Sosa how about AP liking your post calling out 247 for dropping Tee’s rating because he didn’t give them a commit interview...

These recruiting services are like a bunch of middle school girls.

I wish someone with a big social media platform would do some research and call them out.
I saw that. How petty of 247. Forget them man. Forget all of these ranking services. I’m rolling with Pruitt.

Haven’t been paying attention to this one.

Offer list looks decent. Good size.

We excited, or wait and see mode?

Fine, I'll commit.

No pesky weight slowing a brother down!

Lol. A middle school linebacker could break you in half in your current condition. You're gonna need to spend some time with Fitz and live at the protein smoothie counter.

How are you feeling by the way?

No reason not to be excited. He was one of the best bruiser backs left on our board. Now we need the speedster who can catch out of the backfield.

But STAAAARSSSS?!?!?

It is rather funny though how much of a hysteresis function gets applied to the rankings. Bama is good because they have the highest ranked guys, but they get ranked higher because they are committed to Bama...it's circular, and to some extent results in inflated ranking. Clearly the reverse is also true, since it has to be zero sum. The key is whether our staff's evaluations are as good as Bama's, regardless of recruiting service rankings. They seem to know what they want and why, hence the willingness to take lower ranked guys earlier in the year. That should be encouraging, but it's easy to get tripped up by numbers.

Man, Randall Cobb was where I first started realizing Fulmer wasn't doing whatever you needed to do to do everything there was to win. Obvious talent who wasn't gonna be a QB at the next level...I don't know how the Clawfense and he couldn't get along. Eric Berry was playing QB for goodness's sakes's.

No offense to you because everyone says it, but they wanted him just not at QB. Cutcliffe, being part of the they. At that time UT wanted him at WR. They were just being honest with him. UK, being desperate, told him he could play QB and he did some but he ended up being a WR. I don't fault UT at all for this. Defiantly don't fault Randall either.

I've stopped giving much credence to the recruiting service rankings and trust our coaches evaluations and my on eyes. That being said, after watching his film and knowing about the added muscle to his frame, I could see Tee being a bigger version of Benny Snell Jr. for us. Very similar running styles.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
But STAAAARSSSS?!?!?

It is rather funny though how much of a hysteresis function gets applied to the rankings. Bama is good because they have the highest ranked guys, but they get ranked higher because they are committed to Bama...it's circular, and to some extent results in inflated ranking. Clearly the reverse is also true, since it has to be zero sum. The key is whether our staff's evaluations are as good as Bama's, regardless of recruiting service rankings. They seem to know what they want and why, hence the willingness to take lower ranked guys earlier in the year. That should be encouraging, but it's easy to get tripped up by numbers.
Evals as good as Bama's. How many people on staff have worked for bama. So I guess since Pruitt, Ansley, Nieds, and others have then our Evals are as good as Bama's.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
It’s okay guys. If we start winning games, the dorks who sit behind desks for Rivals.com and 247sports.com, who have a fraction of the knowledge that SEC coaches have, will automatically give our commits high ratings too. Winning builds fan bases. Fans pay the bills for Rivals.com and 247sports.com, and those sites reward the fan bases for throwing money at them. That’s exactly how recruiting works. In most cases, the recruiting services give the players who are obviously talented the rankings they deserve, and the rest depends on who attends camps and who pays for the articles.

VN Store

Back