'20 TN RB Tee Hodge (UT SIGNEE)

anyone have his stats on the year? Good looking player. Surprised by his ranking. Reminds me a little of Arian Foster.

Hodge sustained his toe injury in the 2nd quarter of Maryville's 3rd game (vs Cleveland). Up to that point he'd rushed for 274 yards on 30 carries (9.1 ypc) and 3 TDs. He then missed the next 3 games and returned in game 7 (vs Bradley Central), running for 42 yards and a TD on 8 carries. Against Ooltewah in game 8, Hodge had 6 carries for 23 yards. So, up to that point in the season, he'd rushed 44 times for 339 yards (7.7 ypc) and 4 TDs.

Last week against McMinn County, Hodge ran for 74 yards and 2 TDs; couldn't find how many times he toted the ball but must've been quite a few based on Maryville's overall rushing stats in that game. But it looks like he's up to 413 yards rushing for the year w/ 6 TDs in 5.5 games.

FWIW, I suspect he's not ranked higher due in part to his lack of "wow" numbers statistically, at least compared to most SEC-caliber RB prospects. In his sophomore and junior years combined, Hodge ran 249 times for 1,528 yards (6.1 ypc) and 31 TDs. Hopefully he'll stay healthy through the playoffs and steamroll some folks.

Hodge sustained his toe injury in the 2nd quarter of Maryville's 3rd game (vs Cleveland). Up to that point he'd rushed for 274 yards on 30 carries (9.1 ypc) and 3 TDs. He then missed the next 3 games and returned in game 7 (vs Bradley Central), running for 42 yards and a TD on 8 carries. Against Ooltewah in game 8, Hodge had 6 carries for 23 yards. So, up to that point in the season, he'd rushed 44 times for 339 yards (7.7 ypc) and 4 TDs.

Last week against McMinn County, Hodge ran for 74 yards and 2 TDs; couldn't find how many times he toted the ball but must've been quite a few based on Maryville's overall rushing stats in that game. But it looks like he's up to 413 yards rushing for the year w/ 6 TDs in 5.5 games.

FWIW, I suspect he's not ranked higher due in part to his lack of "wow" numbers statistically, at least compared to most SEC-caliber RB prospects. In his sophomore and junior years combined, Hodge ran 249 times for 1,528 yards (6.1 ypc) and 31 TDs. Hopefully he'll stay healthy through the playoffs and steamroll some folks.
Watched the Hudl review for the game and it looked like Maryvilles QB had a lot of the rushings yards against McMinn from the highlights.

Man I really hope we go after Marshawn Lloyd.

Hopefully we can land an impact RB recruit, but even still, you have to imagine we are going to be an attractive landing spot for a grad transfer if the staff chooses to go that direction.

*Actually, I just realized that Ty and Jordan are both Jrs? So potentially we will return our entire backfield next season? That could definitely explain some of the lack of interest IMO

I totally agree, just weird. The OL is much improved and young
Exactly. Our OL is gonna be nasty in the years ahead. You’d think we could land somebody. But instead GA’s getting 2 five star backs a year and we’re struggling to land anyone, let alone a 4 star. I’m thankful for Gray and I think he’ll be good, but I don’t think he’s a 3 down back.

Why in the world can’t we land a RB? It’s unbelievable
We have four scholarship runningbacks for next year as it appears CFA is redshirting (if he decides to come back). Also, I bet Banks is back next year. Probably content with one runningback this cycle and load up next year. JMO.

I was hoping we could bring Butch in as Pruitt's gopher. If we are having to pay him we might as well having him washing Pruitt's car and fetching coffee rather than paying him to be Saban's stooge.
That would be like getting over a horrible cold then going to the local elementary school to lick doorknobs and water fountains

We have four scholarship runningbacks for next year as it appears CFA is redshirting (if he decides to come back). Also, I bet Banks is back next year. Probably content with one runningback this cycle and load up next year. JMO.

CFA will be a very good speed back next year, especially fully healed. Hopefully Eric Gray learns to shed some tackles and get to the 2nd level. Really just need one bruiser back this year and then next year start looking for the big quick RB.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I think I posted somewhere in this thread a while back( to lazy to look) that a friend who coaches against Tee said he didn’t think he would be a running back at the next level. Said he believed he would be a really good linebacker though.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Why in the world can’t we land a RB? It’s unbelievable
I think you know why. CP was hired 2 years ago. The offense was lifeless, and had no lineman. A year later comes Chaney. Everyone knows what he can do, except we play and play an egg the first few ballgames! The scapegoat in the future plans is the RB coach. His no name from Memphis as the WR coach was just out recruited, and still at RBs coach. If you ask me, no fault of his own, both years his group shinned, just recruiting may not be his thing!

I think you know why. CP was hired 2 years ago. The offense was lifeless, and had no lineman. A year later comes Chaney. Everyone knows what he can do, except we play and play an egg the first few ballgames! The scapegoat in the future plans is the RB coach. His no name from Memphis as the WR coach was just out recruited, and still at RBs coach. If you ask me, no fault of his own, both years his group shinned, just recruiting may not be his thing!

Please tell me that you are joking about Coach YAC being a bad coach and recruiter? Cause is so you may need to do a little research on him and get back go me.

VN Store

Back