'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

Cool. Wish we could get him. We can’t with this bill crap staff and administration

Bigger problem might be if he reads these boards (imagine that) that he might want to leave the state and not subject his family and friends to folks that take shots at players and coaches repetitively for a sport..... Every school has them, but it might be safer to not play where those you care for do not work or shop with angry malcontents. doubt many folks from Athens target folks up here. Might fear burning mattresses and the like if he plays for the home team. Certainly not a single positive from these guys attacks as it relates to recruiting, which is only the lifeblood of any program. The lower on the class meter the worse the impact. But what the heck, what is so bad about discouraging a few recruits to vent some anger and disappointment in a free country????

Bigger problem might be if he reads these boards (imagine that) that he might want to leave the state and not subject his family and friends to folks that take shots at players and coaches repetitively for a sport..... Every school has them, but it might be safer to not play where those you care for do not work or shop with angry malcontents. doubt many folks from Athens target folks up here. Might fear burning mattresses and the like if he plays for the home team. Certainly not a single positive from these guys attacks as it relates to recruiting, which is only the lifeblood of any program. The lower on the class meter the worse the impact. But what the heck, what is so bad about discouraging a few recruits to vent some anger and disappointment in a free country????
Shut up with the morality police bs dude. Imagine getting on an anonymous message board and trying to tell off someone you don’t even know. If you want to preach go to church and find the pulpit clown.

Nothing to do with the boards, it has been this way, and to remind you, was much worse decades ago, especially when we were relevant. There might have been worry back then about any type of repercussion for leaving, but, not in the last decade plus though.

Kids have left the state for years, many currently in the NFL, who left, because we suck, and had much better opportunity elsewhere.

Too soft to come here because of meanie pants fans.............. do not want.

Shut up with the morality police bs dude. Imagine getting on an anonymous message board and trying to tell off someone you don’t even know. If you want to preach go to church and find the pulpit clown.

You do not have to know who is behind a screen name to evaluate a post or group of posts. I hope that prospects and their mentors do not get on these boards and place value on such posts that I responded to, but you never know. Sometimes the "with friends like you" logic is applicable to fans. I do not accept such public attacks on any Vol from coaches, or players. or fans. One of benchmarks of lack of character for me is applying double standards and your reply is a PeRFECT example. You ended by preaching to me about preaching about a post on a message board. Does it hurt to type out of both sides of your mouth? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
You do not have to know who is behind a screen name to evaluate a post or group of posts. I hope that prospects and their mentors do not get on these boards and place value on such posts that I responded to, but you never know. Sometimes the "with friends like you" logic is applicable to fans. I do not accept such public attacks on any Vol from coaches, or players. or fans. One of benchmarks of lack of character for me is applying double standards and your reply is a PeRFECT example. You ended by preaching to me about preaching about a post on a message board. Does it hurt to type out of both sides of your mouth? Inquiring minds want to know.
I’m not preaching, I’m letting you know that if you want to preach find the pulpit.

I’m not preaching, I’m letting you know that if you want to preach find the pulpit.

Bull. Sharing my thoughts on impacts or potential impacts of actions by folks on message boards and radio shows is what it is. We can live in denial if we like but people post things and say things to influence somebody. But you cannot limit the audience... So the risk is real. I know if I was a prospect or a parent I would be checking out all the boards at all the schools I was considering. Sad thing is that it impacts the current coach and the next coach where that is applicable.... You just have to hope it does not cost players of impact, regardless of their star ratings. I really would hate for a lowly three star to look on the boards the day they commit or receive an offer and see the snarky comments about their impact on our class even as an indirect slap that was aimed at our coaches for involving them with our efforts. Purely a low class move and then it can get worse when multiples appear or they are liked or otherwise cyber backslapped. A kid would have to fear their family and friends would sit near those folks in Neyland.. That potential absolutely exists. The existence of similar folks at other institutions is probable but does not mitigate the realities of those actually read.

Reactions: jp1
Bull. Sharing my thoughts on impacts or potential impacts of actions by folks on message boards and radio shows is what it is. We can live in denial if we like but people post things and say things to influence somebody. But you cannot limit the audience... So the risk is real. I know if I was a prospect or a parent I would be checking out all the boards at all the schools I was considering. Sad thing is that it impacts the current coach and the next coach where that is applicable.... You just have to hope it does not cost players of impact, regardless of their star ratings. I really would hate for a lowly three star to look on the boards the day they commit or receive an offer and see the snarky comments about their impact on our class even as an indirect slap that was aimed at our coaches for involving them with our efforts. Purely a low class move and then it can get worse when multiples appear or they are liked or otherwise cyber backslapped. A kid would have to fear their family and friends would sit near those folks in Neyland.. That potential absolutely exists. The existence of similar folks at other institutions is probable but does not mitigate the realities of those actually read.
Well, luckily these young sensitive damsels have a dingbat in shining armor to rescue them from the clutches of disgruntled fans.

VN Store

Back