'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

Its went both ways I think. Keyton, Morris is just a couple off top of my head. On James, academics playing a big role. How does UT rank in biology?

Think he stays in state (as well as others) is Simpson picks UT. The fact Simpson has tried this hard to keep it close to the vest to create suspense, if it was me, I’d hint at the schools I’m not picking, say Bama/Clemson, and not mention the school I plan to attend. I’m not saying that is the plan, but it’s set up perfect to be a Big News Splash in the recruiting world if he picks UT.
Pretty sure both Keyton and Wanya were a Aub/UT battle

UGA wanted Keyton, had him visit a few times, was at Ga 2-3 weeks before he committed IIRC. Even tried to flip him, he visited as a TN commit. Interested in Wanya too, he visited, he just wasn’t interested in UGA.
did Ramel have a committable UGA offer?

Wanye was Aub/TN I believe.

That’s what I’ve been wondering. My guess is Kirby will say “share the load and save yourself for the NFL” and one of two will transfer out when he signs two more highly rated RBs in the ‘23 class using the same pitch.

Still crazy that kids and parents fall for this each year. This happens at all big schools and all positions.

Still crazy that kids and parents fall for this each year. This happens at all big schools and all positions.

If I were a finely tuned athlete I would think I’m going to be THE guy that makes it. So I don’t think it’s that surprising that it works. It just sucks because it hurts us.

Would he still choose UGA if they land Branson Robinson?
RB is a position where you want 5 or so elite ones on the roster, so that is 1 a class and 2 in one class in a 4 year period.. factor in if they are what you evaluate they are gone after their jr year to save some mileage for the nfl. So that means you take 1.5 great rbs each year.

It’s worked for UGA though. They’ve sent their last 3 1st and 2nd string backs to the league. Gurley/Marshall, Chubb/Michel, and Swift/Holyfield. White and Cook probably go next year as well. Might change since UGA’s offense is supposed to change though.

VN Store

Back