'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

LOL, you know so much about him that I guess you forgot that his name is Dylan SAMPSON.

James is a better athlete than Sampson by a mile and we had better stay on him until he signs his LOI.

We cannot continue to lose our best in-state athletes to other programs.
I'm sorry, but this likely isn't true. Sampson has elite speed....far faster than James.

LOL, you know so much about him that I guess you forgot that his name is Dylan SAMPSON.

James is a better athlete than Sampson by a mile and we had better stay on him until he signs his LOI.

Being A better athlete doesn’t equate to being a better RB.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but this likely isn't true. Sampson has elite speed....far faster than James.

Being faster doesn’t make you a better athlete. Also being faster doesn’t make you a better Rb. If anything Vol fans should realize is that tiny RBs have a hard time sustaining the punishment and being available in the SEC. James is more of a SEC body type for Rb1

Being faster doesn’t make you a better athlete. Also being faster doesn’t make you a better Rb. If anything Vol fans should realize is that tiny RBs have a hard time sustaining the punishment and being available in the SEC. James is more of a SEC body type for Rb1
I agree. That's why I said "likely." But Sampson IS a great athlete. James looks like a good football player. James does have more of an SEC body type. Seeing him in person, though, I don't think he has the requisite dynamism, and certainly not in our offense. I think UGA was a good pick for him. This is all Jmo, and I know you and coaches who know more than I do disagree.

Reactions: volnut1
Warrick Dunn sustained many productive years in College and the League at 175lbs.
Earl Campbell hasn’t been walking since his 40’s.
Not sure I’m buying what your selling…

He has been recruited over in this class with Robinson and will probably be as well in the 2023 class with Justice Haynes. He probably will play a similar role as Daijun Edwards is currently performing getting 3-5 carries/game.

He’s a solid package of 195 lb area speed and explosion. James Brooks/Charlie Garner type who doesn’t “sustain” punishment…rather DISPENSES it.

Tiny??

If it’s true that’s Jordan James isn’t a take at UGA, is it possible we can get back in with him.
I’d be surprised if TN does go after JJ

They have two backs…if they added another I’d say look portal after spring

I think GA is hoping to land Gibbs from GT and if they don’t they sign JJ in Feb
-AP

Imagine if Heupel told him no-go after being committed for almost a year. Kirby and company will still be welcomed with open arms into the halls of NPA.
godfather-marlon-brando.gif

VN Store

Back