'22 TN RB Jordan James (Oregon commit)

Overall agree but you’ve gotta realize eventually that pruitt proved himself to be a fraud. He had three years here to show his coaching chops and it never materialized. His defenses still could not line up in year 3. Without his daddy (Saban) he was garbage

Don’t waste your breath. De1 is a Pruitt boot licker. He thinks he did a good job and should still be here. Like you said in another thread, Pruitts dumbass couldn’t even get our defense lined up correctly in year 3.

Don’t waste your breath. De1 is a Pruitt boot licker. He thinks he did a good job and should still be here. Like you said in another thread, Pruitts dumbass couldn’t even get our defense lined up correctly in year 3.
I like the info/perspective that De1 brings but his defense of Pruitt’s coaching is mind boggling. He proved over and over again that he wasn’t a good game day coach. His players didn’t play hard and his schemes seemed like poop

Pruitt isn't a HC. He can still have success as a coach but there are guys out there who just don't need to be in charge. Some realize it like Chaney and the Chief. Some have to learn the hard way.

Pruitt is the worst HC in UT history.

Don’t mention Dooley or Butch in the same sentence as him.

Not only did he lose to Georgia St, he got completely dominated by them for 4 quarters.

His love for JG, boring a$$ offense that could barely put up 21 points a game, was enough for me.

Heupel may not be the guy either but no way could he be worse.

Not only did he lose to Georgia St, he got completely dominated by them for 4 quarters.

His love for JG, boring a$$ offense that could barely put up 21 points a game, was enough for me.

Beat SEC west teams...better than Butch.
Had a winning SEC record 2nd season and won his only bowl game. Better than Dooley.
Wins Ugly Hag Pageant imo. Leaves viewers disgusted and malaised.

BUTCH WENT 0-8 IN THE SEC

Tennessee has been reaching out to some of the in-state talent committed elsewhere. Someone like Jordan James has heard from Tennessee. He is still firm to Georgia but he has been responding. It won’t shock us to see James and several of his Tennessee Select teammates make their way to Knoxville for a visit in early October for the South Carolina game.
vq

BUTCH WENT 0-8 IN THE SEC
he woulda gotten back to winning ways, no doubt. but his ceiling was reached... biggest indictment on Butch was
1) total ahole to people
2) didnt win any conference anything with most dynamic QB since Bray.
3) lost to KY, lost to Vandy.

As ive stated in past. Dad taught me at an early age, do that and...you gone...

Reactions: de1conley
Same, but I don't know how good our chances are. I think we could have legit landed him if we had gotten Horton but that didn't work out
The problem is that a coach can't win with our fan base in these situations. If you give up and focus resources elsewhere, they say you didn't try hard enough with the instate talent so you suck as a recruiter. If you keep trying, they say you wasted your time on kids committed elsewhere so you suck as a recruiter. What people don't realize is that now, you build the best relationships you can with as many recruits as you can because of the transfer portal. You are likely to still get a shot to load your roster with 4* and 5* talent because kids now want immediate playing time and the portal allows that to possibly happen if you initially signed with UGA, BAMA, OHIO ST, CLEMSON, etc.

Last edited:
The problem is that a coach can't win with our fan base in these situations. If you give up and focus resources elsewhere, they say you didn't try hard enough with the instate talent so you stuck as a recruiter. If you keep trying, they say you wasted your time on kids committed elsewhere so you suck as a recruiter. What people don't realize is that now, you build the best relationships you can with as many recruits as you can because of the transfer portal. You are likely to still get a shot to load your roster with 4* and 5* talent because kids now want immediate playing time and the portal allows that to possibly happen if you initially signed with UGA, BAMA, OHIO ST, CLEMSON, etc.
Completely agree

We will no get him and others if we just give up and not try to pull the to Tennessee. Not wasted resources when we get one or two.
I'm saying I don't trust Kirby, he intentionally trolls other teams sending their commitments and silents on visits to either recruit other recruits or just burn officials and other resources. He's a snake in the grass.

Pruitt is the kind of guy who over compensates for his lack of ability by over-complicating things. Our defense looks so much better coached than when he was here because they understand what they're being asked to do. I think it's a simpler scheme now. Same offensively. Kids are flying around and don't seem confused or hesitating.

Some of these coaches just fail to recognize the college game. You're dealing with kids full of hormones and distractions. Most will have the attention span of a gnat. If there ever was a time and place for the K.I.S.S rule it's in college football.

VN Store

Back