'20 TN RB Jabari Small (UT SIGNEE)

Caught up with Jabari Small...

The 3-star RB from Memphis visited Wednesday while up on spring break. Small, who is now 5-10, 195, feels like he's a strong priority to the staff, especially to David Johnson who told Small, "when he got the running back job at Tennessee, ‘It’s me and you now. You know where home is.’

Johnson and Jeremy Pruitt had to Face-Time with him when he missed a Junior Day earlier this year, but he got lots of 1-on-1 time with both yesterday. He loves the campus and said he can definitely see himself at Tennessee. Small has picked up interest from several others schools lately, including new offers from Michigan and Va. Tech. Among those recruiting him the hardest, he named UT, Michigan, who he said he's heard from everyday since the offer, Arkansas, Missouri and Ole Miss.

As for Tennessee: "They like me at running back. They want to utilize me in as many ways as possible. They just need more athletes. They like my patience and vision. I'm not easy to tackle."

The Vols are pushing for Small to return for the spring game. He also said Omari Thomas, his teammate at Briarcrest and a huge priority for the staff, couldn't make it yesterday as he was "wanted to get some rest on spring break since he's coming off basketball season. He'll definitely come (back to UT). Fatigue just caught up withhim."

- Simonton

We’ve had several updates on Small in the last few months. He’s a big fan of David Johnson and plans to camp with Tennessee this summer. The 5-11, 195-pound tailback is starting to pickup serious interest from Michigan, where he visited two weeks ago. Ole Miss, where his dad played, and Arkansas and others are also factors with both Small and Thomas. Of note, the duo REALLY wants to play together in college, and that’s something fairly new, per their coach. We’ll see what that means for Tennessee, since Thomas is a BIG priority and Small is one of several RBs on the board.

-VQ

I believe after watching film that Small is an SEC caliber player. Go after he and Omari Thomas both aggressively.

I have to agree.
Small has been on the radar for a long time, yet he is underrated. It's strange. He's clearly a dynamic player. Decent size for the position already.
Good all around back with breakaway ability.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
A&M offered. Wouldn't be surprised if he and Omari Thomas went as a package to College Station.
possibly. but i didn't get the feeling that it was a "must"...was it French and Eason that are basically saying it has to be a package deal....you don't get one w/out the other?

Paraphrased but he says he talks to Coach YAC twice a week or so. Team wants him to come up in the summer and camp. Doesn't have a list of top schools yet. Wants to see in the spring which coaches make him feel like a priority and then come up with a top list.

With ebony decommitting and Justin Rogers very likely going elsewhere, we should just try and take this kid as a package with Omari Thomas.

Would do wonders for our footprint in Memphis as well.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
With ebony decommitting and Justin Rogers very likely going elsewhere, we should just try and take this kid as a package with Omari Thomas.

Would do wonders for our footprint in Memphis as well.

I was thinking take both even regardless. Always thought this kid was better than Jackson but the staff won’t stop recruiting Rogers even if he commits to UK tomorrow. That ones not gonna be over til December

It's been a busy spring for Class of 2020 Tennessee running back Jabari Small as he's juggled spring football with school and frequent visits to programs around the country. Now, as he starts to settle in for the final offseason of his high school career, Small has the information he needs to start narrowing his options. "My top six in no order are Michigan, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Missouri and Arkansas." "If I don’t commit before my senior season it will be at my homecoming game in September.
(On rumored package deal with teammate Omari Thomas) "We have a lot of the same offers and we talk about it every now and then but it’s not something set it stone. We would like to do it but we are going to end up at the college that’s best for us, even if that's not together."
"I like Tennessee and they made my list really because of my relationship with Coach Johnson. We've been having a relationship since the ninth grade and he's been coaching me up on things and telling me how to get better. He's always talking about how Tennessee is a great place and I'm a great fit for what they want to do. I like what they're building there and I think they're going to keep getting better." "They like me as a running back but also in the slot. That’s pretty much what schools are saying, they like my versatility and want me to play that all-purpose role. They said the running backs will be used a lot more in their new offense and they will be a focal point of what they're trying to do and that's what you love to hear as a running back." "I was up there in April for a private visit and I'll be back up there June 8 with Omari Thomas. We are just going to go hang out and see how it goes."
-Rivals
Will be at Ole Miss May 31, Michigan in July, no visit plans for Arkansas or Missouri yet

Reactions: sneakergawd

VN Store

Back