'21 TN DB Elijah Howard (VA Tech Commit)

1608085.jpg

Elijah Howard

5'11" 165lbs., RB,
8th grader at Knox Webb School of Knoxville, TN
Class of 2021

UT offered this kid a scholarship as an 8th grader & is the only school to do so to date: Local eighth-grader gets offer from Vols

He's not too big right now at his small frame but he will get bigger & stronger as the years go by. He's still 5 years away from being in college.

There's some interesting things to read about this kid from the links below especially the Youth1 & Webb School links.

247 Sports

Elijah Howard, 2021 Athlete - Rivals.com

Hudl

Max Preps

Scout

Youth1

Webb School

UT is the only school to offer a scholarship to date. I know some of you are saying why make this recruit so early?

The reasons why for me are that UT has already offered him & he has some tremendous other athletic skills to show just as an 8th grader too & he dominates juniors & seniors as an 8th grader.

He's a local kid to boot or I would have waited to post any 2021 recruits. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people
I hope he doesn't come in as the class that finally helps us break the UF streak.

1608085.jpg

Elijah Howard

5'11" 165lbs., RB, 8th grader at Knox Webb School of Knoxville, TN
Class of 2021

UT offered this kid a scholarship as an 8th grader & is the only school to do so to date: Local eighth-grader gets offer from Vols

He's not too big right now at his small frame but he will get bigger & stronger as the years go by. He's still 5 years away from being in college.

There's some interesting things to read about this kid from the links below especially the Youth1 & Webb School links.

247 Sports

Hudl

Max Preps

Scout

Youth1

Webb School

UT is the only school to offer a scholarship to date. I know some of you are saying why make this recruit so early.

The reasons why for me are that UT has already offered him & he has some tremendous other athletic skills to show just as an 8th grader as well.

He's a local kid to boot or I would have waited to post any 2021 recruits. Thanks!

Saw this kid run summer track similar to AAU and he's a man on the track. Also saw his family draped in Alabama apparel. Also saw some film on him and he is simply amazing.

Reactions: 1 person
5'11 165 is a good size for an 8th grader, no doubt he'll get bigger by the time he's a senior. At least weight wise.

Friend of mind coaches at Alcoa and he told me that the kid is legit, and they were worried that he might go off on them. I believe he scored a td on the possible 3a state champs.

Friends with one of his coaches. Apparently kid's family is big Bama fans. TFWIW

Friends with one of his coaches. Apparently kid's family is big Bama fans. TFWIW

Oh know! Didn't want to hear that though. This is an in-state kid. Butch or whoever is at the helm come 2021 better have this kid on the UT roster or it's a BIG FAIL!

Oh know! Didn't want to hear that though. This is an in-state kid. Butch or whoever is at the helm come 2021 better have this kid on the UT roster or it's a BIG FAIL!

Lol!! Calling it a big fail if we do not have a kid, who is five years away from signing his LOI, is obsurd! Thanks, buddy!!

Lol!! Calling it a big fail if we do not have a kid, who is five years away from signing his LOI, is obsurd! Thanks, buddy!!

No it's not absurd. That's the problem with UT football sometimes. We let top talent get away. We've got to keep recruiters after him all the way thru high school. We've got to be on top of him.

You would be the one to make such a reply or comment about this anyhow. I expected it from you to be honest.

You just don't understand what works. It would be an EPIC fail to lose this kid after we're the first one to offer him as an 8th grader & going to a school right down the road from Neyland Stadium.

Please don't post back with another backlashing comment. You know that you're wrong on this one for sure. Thanks!

If we don't land this kid, go ahead and shut the program down at the University of Tennessee. There is no possible way that we can move forward. He is that critical for our program to survive!! I mean I know he is only an eighth grader and who knows how he might develop over the course of the next 4 1/2 years, but there is no doubt he is a program changer. Must have or shut it down!

If we don't land this kid, go ahead and shut the program down at the University of Tennessee. There is no possible way that we can move forward. He is that critical for our program to survive!! I mean I know he is only an eighth grader and who knows how he might develop over the course of the next 4 1/2 years, but there is no doubt he is a program changer. Must have or shut it down!

You know I didn't mean it that way but it would seem like it if we can't land him. :)

Didn't have my afternoon coffee… A cup short. Tank is running on low, and I am still working. However, the good news is that In about 48 hours we will be celebrating a victory.

I sure hope you're right there buddy. GO VOLS!

No it's not absurd. That's the problem with UT football sometimes. We let top talent get away. We've got to keep recruiters after him all the way thru high school. We've got to be on top of him.

You would be the one to make such a reply or comment about this anyhow. I expected it from you to be honest.

You just don't understand what works. It would be an EPIC fail to lose this kid after we're the first one to offer him as an 8th grader & going to a school right down the road from Neyland Stadium.

Please don't post back with another backlashing comment. You know that you're wrong on this one for sure. Thanks!

The young man isn't even in high school yet. You can't make any assumptions about his recruitment for a couple of years yet. Shoot. Even Pappoe from GA is a little early to be worrying about and this young man is two years behind him. This thread will be five years old when his recruitment becomes relevant. Smh.

The young man isn't even in high school yet. You can't make any assumptions about his recruitment for a couple of years yet. Shoot. Even Pappoe from GA is a little early to be worrying about and this young man is two years behind him. This thread will be five years old when his recruitment becomes relevant. Smh.

You basically copied what OGbabyaviVol said but you said it in a different way. I disagree with you & him majorly. This kid is an 8th grader & at a school in Knoxville right down the road from UT. We're the first to offer him. We have got to stay after him. How can you not agree with that Glich?

We can't allow anymore of these local recruits especially someone right down the road from the stadium go play at another college school. If you have good recruiters & good coaches they will not allow that to happen.

Seems to me you don't know as much as you put on to know there buddy. :wink: You know good & well this kid is the most important in-state recruit for us in years. We must keep him thinking UT all the way.

How can you not get or agree with what I'm saying Glicht? I'm in shock but you've shocked me before too though with some of the things you've said & done to me anyhow. Thanks buddy!

It's his thread, what other Elijah Howard would he be talking about?

There was no names other than OJ Howard mentioned in his reply. We had been discussing some other stuff beforehand.

What's the big deal for you to respond anyhow? Just another smart alec un-necessary post that's become common on here. :rolleyes:

His cousin is OJ Howard, TE for Alabama.

Its a known fact that he and his family are always rocking Alabama apparel and big time lovers of the Crimson Tide. He used to be draped in it at AAU track meets, and they go down there and watch games a lot.

So now we're making threads on kids who aren't even on the varsity team?

At what point does this become creepy? Because.....

VN Store

Back