‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

My son is a freshman on that Karns team. They plan on limiting his touches to around 30 this season so he’s fresher for the fourth quarter and later in the season. So that’s good news.
Thanks for the information.

It's actually not good news though.
30 is still too much after the season he had.
More than likely that coach will still feed him more...

Because teams like Karns don't have great players often. Nobody to share the load with.

He had enough touches for 2 seasons last year.

If I were his parents, I'd send him to a program that has better players.
Even if it were down a classification or 2.

Thanks for the information.

It's actually not good news though.
30 is still too much after the season he had.
More than likely that coach will still feed him more...

Because teams like Karns don't have great players often. Nobody to share the load with.

He had enough touches for 2 seasons last year.

If I were his parents, I'd send him to a program that has better players.
Even if it were down a classification or 2.
Hard to do once you are already in High School…. Everyone knows who he is so he would have to meet residency requirements or have to sit out a year.

W
Hard to do once you are already in High School…. Everyone knows who he is so he would have to meet residency requirements or have to sit out a year.
I'm surprised Knox Catholic isn't trying to convince this kid to transfer. They would get a talented player and he could put up better stats with less touches.

Reactions: LittleVol

Back in 2002 a buddy (coach) of mine helped two transfers get to a different school. One was from Rockwood, the other from South-Doyle and they transferred into the same Knox County school. Both played the very next season. Both practiced the summer prior to the season.

It's not that difficult.

I wouldn’t expect a transfer. Powell was pursuing. That’s a program that’ll be in trouble soon. Karns should have more of a balanced offense this year. Better QB play and more talent at WR.
I certainly hope so.

Back in 2002 a buddy (coach) of mine helped two transfers get to a different school. One was from Rockwood, the other from South-Doyle and they transferred into the same Knox County school. Both played the very next season. Both practiced the summer prior to the season.

It's not that difficult.
You have to meet residency requirements…. If his parents aren’t moving then he would have to have a fake address in that school district to be eligible…. It would more than likely piss Karns off and an investigation would be happened….it’s easier to transfer to private schools but Knox Christian got busted a few years back for recruiting.

That is why most recruiting is done before the player reaches high school bc residency requirements don’t come into play…. It is still done from time to time but not as simple as you are making it out to be.

You have to meet residency requirements…. If his parents aren’t moving then he would have to have a fake address in that school district to be eligible…. It would more than likely piss Karns off and an investigation would be happened….it’s easier to transfer to private schools but Knox Christian got busted a few years back for recruiting.

That is why most recruiting is done before the player reaches high school bc residency requirements don’t come into play…. It is still done from time to time but not as simple as you are making it out to be.
You can apply for a waiver if the new zone is adjacent to your original zone. Private schools don’t have to worry about it. A rep from Powell was at the middle school one day to talk to Karns 8th graders. It was brash to say the least.

Knox County needs to crack down on kids going to school out of district. Blount County needs to do the same. Programs like Powell, Maryville, Alcoa, and Oak Ridge are jokes. They are not representative of their actual district and people know it. Central and Fulton are being gutted now.

You can apply for a waiver if the new zone is adjacent to your original zone. Private schools don’t have to worry about it. A rep from Powell was at the middle school one day to talk to Karns 8th graders. It was brash to say the least.
Thought was just for the transfer but if you competed at the school in a sport then you have to sit a year….. it’s easier with private schools but they busted Knox Christian a few years back and wouldn’t allow them to compete with any TSSAA schools.

Knox County needs to crack down on kids going to school out of district. Blount County needs to do the same. Programs like Powell, Maryville, Alcoa, and Oak Ridge are jokes. They are not representative of their actual district and people know it. Central and Fulton are being gutted now.
That’s bc of how those programs are run… it makes everyone want to go there.

Reactions: walkenvol
Has ANYONE had a discussion with him and his family to find out if they and the Coach were not in lock step last year or are not on same page today?
That's a good question. Seems like his coach would take care of him better than that. I'm sure the kid is competitive and wants the ball every down but you have to do what's best for him and the team.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Thought was just for the transfer but if you competed at the school in a sport then you have to sit a year….. it’s easier with private schools but they busted Knox Christian a few years back and wouldn’t allow them to compete with any TSSAA schools.
You might be right about sitting out a year. My son and his teammates played in the MAC league last year and it’s only loosely associated with high schools. Wouldn’t be a waiting period for them.

Reactions: volbeast33
It happens all over the state. Fulton has gotten great players out of A-E's district for years

i think if i were in his shoes and had legit d-1 offers and was getting ran in the ground at karns, i would commit, let the college coaches tell me how they wanted me to train and just skip my senior year to get ready for college

Kind of like college football where many players on the team are not from the state the college is in. I would not be disappointed if he was on our team. But so many are quick to point out "it doesn't matter where they're from" so why should it matter to H.S. players?

Last edited:
That's a good question. Seems like his coach would take care of him better than that. I'm sure the kid is competitive and wants the ball every down but you have to do what's best for him and the team.

Not all Carries are created equal. I watched a good bit of his games on the local streaming channel, some live, some replays and marveled at the lack of plays ending badly for him. They were still out there to be viewed a few weeks back. He did step out a lot and took a lot of glancing blows and went down on purpose I think. Numbers have their place but not the end all. I am GUESSING letting him get a lot of yards versus the tough yards was a trade off plan. I saw very few ooh and aah hits on him. That said, most of his runs started outside and won’t translate at the next level but WHAT I SAW was good speed with GREAT balance and vision and making a lot of reads when to cut back vs trying to make the corner against defenses that knew what was coming. Don’t have a clue what his physical development and speed potential is going forward. Some guys top out early, some don’t. Risk/reward is what it is and I will go with our staff and wish him well if we don’t offer.

Why do you feel that a player should have to play in a terrible program just because of where his parents own a house? The responsibility should be on the crappy schools to improve their programs such that serious players want to be there. Instead the adults who are doing a bad job want to make rules to eliminate the consequences of being bad at their job. These kids just want a good experience and a chance to learn and be developed and that’s the main reason most leave.

VN Store

Back