‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

Yeah, I think he ends up here. That’s just where he seems to be trending. Don’t know in what capacity

Honestly if our only RB is Keith I would take a chance on this kid. Ryan Callahan said he was clocked running a 4.55 40 back in the summer. He’s a good runner, he’s got good hands as a receiver out of the backfield, and he’s a proven player in the state of Tennessee. He may not be highly rated but tell me how often kids out of East TN, especially Karns, are highly rated. Comparing that 40 time to another Tennessee great when he ran at the combine, Alvin Kamara, ran a 4.56 40 which may surprise some people. People just don’t understand how laterally quick Kamara is though. It’s elite. How laterally quick is Bishop, and how versatile can he ultimately be?

Honestly if our only RB is Keith I would take a chance on this kid. Ryan Callahan said he was clocked running a 4.55 40 back in the summer. He’s a good runner, he’s got good hands as a receiver out of the backfield, and he’s a proven player in the state of Tennessee. He may not be highly rated but tell me how often kids out of East TN, especially Karns, are highly rated. Comparing that 40 time to another Tennessee great when he ran at the combine, Alvin Kamara, ran a 4.56 40 which may surprise some people. People just don’t understand how laterally quick Kamara is though. It’s elite. How laterally quick is Bishop, and how versatile can he ultimately be?

Not to say we shouldn't take Bishop in whatever capacity, but kids out of East TN, especially Karns, are rarely highly rated because they're rarely high level D1 players.

I think a valid question is his lack of big time offers. The ranking doesn’t mean much.

I think a valid question is his lack of big time offers. The ranking doesn’t mean much.

I think he is more of a "gamer" than an athlete. Does that translate to the next level? I guess I have seen more of his carries than most on Diamond Clear, and his vision and decision making was outstanding. The very low percentage of his carries ending with significant contact was evident and made the large quantity of touches to get those yards possible. Everybody they played knew what was coming and he still gained 2400 yards over 11 games.

IF the staff thinks he is worth a gamble I would welcome the opportunity to have a hometown hero. If not I am good with that too. Really don't want another Randall Cobb (though the circumstances are different) situation to endure on our boards. It is amazing how that story line has fared through the years. Could our training table, weight room and speed training transform his vision and toughness into a highly productive back in the SEC or has he maxed out? Where is Kreskin when you need him? I will wish him well UNLESS we offer and he turns us down, and then I will hope he has a healthy unproductive career where he goes as is my practice. I will have no problem with his Karns continent celebrating his years there and following his career, I just will not join them. Just like I have living 6 miles from Cobb's alma mater the last 16 years.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It's kind of odd.

:Opinion:
"Can you explain and support that opinion?"
"Lord have mercy. This is a message board. Can't have opinions around here... Let's several of us gripe and complain about attempted discussion on a discussion board..."

That was one of the oddest exchanges I've seen here in a minute. Why do people go on discussion boards and share their opinions if they don't want to then discuss those opinions?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Look...I know about karns. It's surprising that anyone could get yds running behind that line. Most of his running was solely on him. Is he elite? No. Is he really good? Yes. Interesting right system could he flourish? Absolutely. Is that at Tennessee? No idea...but heupel would know.

Look...I know about karns. It's surprising that anyone could get yds running behind that line. Most of his running was solely on him. Is he elite? No. Is he really good? Yes. Interesting right system could he flourish? Absolutely. Is that at Tennessee? No idea...but heupel would know.

Heupel or ANY other coach wouldn't know jack until he suits up for them.

Y'all kill me with this narrative of "fans can never 2nd guess coaches."

Are you implying Heuple doesn't know his system? Fans 2nd guess coaches often, including you.
Swamp, I'm saying many many many fans on here act as if it's a crime to 2nd guess the head coach from time to time. I don't know how you misread that.

Also I didn't say Heupel didn't know his own system. Come on man...

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Swamp, I'm saying many many many fans on here act as if it's a crime to 2nd guess the head coach from time to time. I don't know how you misread that.

Also I didn't say Heupel didn't know his own system. Come on man...
You also said the any coach won't know jack until a player suits up for them. That includes the things you say about players too right?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Heupel or ANY other coach wouldn't know jack until he suits up for them.

Y'all kill me with this narrative of "fans can never 2nd guess coaches."

That's not what I said at all. What I am saying is that Heupel knows his own offensive system 100 times more than I do and that I don't know how he would use Bishop or any other player for that matter. This is true especially of those who he is recruiting. However, I assume, as any rightly thinking person does, that the coach of a team recruits players according to a purpose and with a plan to use their unique skill set. Since I am not Heupel and I don't know what he would do with Bishop (even though I can imagine in some ways), I'm sure he knows his own thoughts better than I know his thoughts. On a side note...relax.

You also said the any coach won't know jack until a player suits up for them. That includes the things you say about players too right?
Christ...

Back all the way up 🤦‍♂️

I'm literally saying ANY COACH can't KNOW a player will be successful until he's on the team practicing. Because aaronvol ended his statement with "Heupel would know and he wouldn't ".

Coaches get it wrong all the time.

Christ...

Back all the way up 🤦‍♂️

I'm literally saying ANY COACH can't KNOW a player will be successful until he's on the team practicing. Because aaronvol ended his statement with "Heupel would know and he wouldn't ".

Coaches get it wrong all the time.
That's were the confusion comes. He Said CJH would know if he fit his system, nothing about success.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back