‘23 TN RB DeSean Bishop (Tennessee commit)

Whitehead should be at Lb. Small had injury issues last year. Wright isn’t spectacular. Then you have two freshmen that are question marks although I really like both.

So you are selling out on a JR, a RS soph, a soph, and two FR before that hit the field for the first scrimmage, and three in the second year of a system? Think I will hang on before I declare my hand this year. There is some pretty serious speed with a couple of those guys.

My bad. I didn't realize only running backs and licensed physicians had the right to state the facts on the matter.

I'm also not an Olympic swimmer or a hydrologist, but I can tell you with a great deal of certainty that water is wet.

But you keep beating your chest about your legendary farm workouts, Mr. Seaman. ✌️

Be quiet

Your understanding of it seems to be based solely on recovery from being tired. It isn't about being tired. Your body (legs, ankles, knees, practically every joint) only has so many miles in them, just like a car. The concern isn't so much that Bishop is tired at the end of a game. It's that by the end of his high school career, he's going to have been run into the ground before his real career ever gets started.

I can't believe I'm having to explain that simplistic idea to you. And it isn't 40 snaps a game he's seeing. It's 40 carries. 40 times he touches the ball with 11 other people intent on piling on him, diving at his legs, taking shots at his head/neck/shoulders. Injury risk aside, that kind of beating repeated over 40 carries, not to mention the other snaps where he is either running routes or blocking, takes its toll.

And yes, his young body can take it to an extent. But he will pay for it toward the premature ending of his career because he was run ragged as a youth. There is a reason college and pro coaches manage snaps and you see so many shared backfields at that level now.

First not all carries are created equal, for sure don't end with the same amount of wear and tear and injury potential. I have no idea how many carries a wk this kid gets with contact in practice. Just for reference I just looked up the next level carries record and it not surprisingly is held by Emmit Smith with 4,409. Not counting practice reps, college reps and high school reps. Not all players are created equal either. Love to know what our staff thinks about his load. Have you reviewed his carries from last year? They are pretty much all out there for free. His life, his career and think we should let him and his family determine his plan.

First not all carries are created equal, for sure don't end with the same amount of wear and tear and injury potential. I have no idea how many carries a wk this kid gets with contact in practice. Just for reference I just looked up the next level carries record and it not surprisingly is held by Emmit Smith with 4,409. Not counting practice reps, college reps and high school reps. Not all players are created equal either. Love to know what our staff thinks about his load. Have you reviewed his carries from last year? They are pretty much all out there for free. His life, his career and think we should let him and his family determine his plan.
Was there any part of my post where you genuinely believed I was trying to determine his plan instead of him and his family?

All of your post did exactly that
Nope, wrong again, as usual.

My entire post was aimed at explaining a very simple concept to your pea brain that you still, surprisingly, or most likely, not surprisingly still can't grasp.

The post didn't begin with, "Dear young Mr. Bishop and Family,"... It wasn't created with the goal in mind that Bishop and his family may see it and alter their plans and career path based on anything I have to say. They likely couldn't give two craps about what random internet poster has to say, nor should they. It's his life, his career. He can live it as he sees fit. And I can tell you what a moron you are if you think carrying the ball 40 times a game across multiple seasons is in his best interest. Deal. With. It.

Reactions: 19_GBO_19
Nope, wrong again, as usual.

My entire post was aimed at explaining a very simple concept to your pea brain that you still, surprisingly, or most likely, not surprisingly still can't grasp.

The post didn't begin with, "Dear young Mr. Bishop and Family,"... It wasn't created with the goal in mind that Bishop and his family may see it and alter their plans and career path based on anything I have to say. They likely couldn't give two craps about what random internet poster has to say, nor should they. It's his life, his career. He can live it as he sees fit. And I can tell you what a moron you are if you think carrying the ball 40 times a game across multiple seasons is in his best interest. Deal. With. It.
Sheesh! @cncchris33 is dropping the hammer early this morning. lol

Reactions: cncchris33
What do you mean by challenging? Questioning the legitimacy of the numbers, or the effect it takes on the body?

The latter. Not an expert, but I guess I'm in the top 10% of views of all his carries last year, real-time and in replay mode on Diamond Clear. He is just one of those guys that takes very few big licks. You can get hurt allowing yourself to get ushered out of bounds, or by shoestring tackles, but not a very high percentage of significant hits. He might be criticized for the angles he takes from the LOS and using glancing blows to go down, but it makes it easier to jump up and take the next ball too. I enjoy watching him, but have not seen anything that says he should be on our list, but think it is possible if he validates last year's success he could work his way onto our list. More of a baller than an exceptional athlete. Even at 0-2, a mad Powell should be a good test to compare him to the Maryville kid committed to UVA. But he does not have all the weapons on his team that Maryville has. That is what makes his numbers a head scratcher, everybody knows he is coming and he still does a lot of damage. I watched some of his game the other night and it does appear they are using him more often as a decoy this year. If Coastal is the right level, I will wish him well there. Would live in fear if a home boy were to go to any SEC foe.

Reactions: cncchris33
The latter. Not an expert, but I guess I'm in the top 10% of views of all his carries last year, real-time and in replay mode on Diamond Clear. He is just one of those guys that takes very few big licks. You can get hurt allowing yourself to get ushered out of bounds, or by shoestring tackles, but not a very high percentage of significant hits. He might be criticized for the angles he takes from the LOS and using glancing blows to go down, but it makes it easier to jump up and take the next ball too. I enjoy watching him, but have not seen anything that says he should be on our list, but think it is possible if he validates last year's success he could work his way onto our list. More of a baller than an exceptional athlete. Even at 0-2, a mad Powell should be a good test to compare him to the Maryville kid committed to UVA. But he does not have all the weapons on his team that Maryville has. That is what makes his numbers a head scratcher, everybody knows he is coming and he still does a lot of damage. I watched some of his game the other night and it does appear they are using him more often as a decoy this year. If Coastal is the right level, I will wish him well there. Would live in fear if a home boy were to go to any SEC foe.
Now this is an intelligent take and response.

I agree, his ability to limit the number of big hits he takes plays a role. My concern is the number of times he is potentially exposed to a big hit. Just because they don't happen often, doesn't mean carrying the ball 40 times doesn't expose him to a higher risk than carrying the ball, say 25 times. That's 15 more opportunities to take a helmet to the knee, take a shot to the head, to plant your leg wrong and blow out a knee or achilles. I just don't believe exposing him to that many opportunities for injury is in the kid's best interest. It's already been said (in this thread, I believe) that one of Tennessee's hangups with him revolves around the mileage he's already absorbed.

Even if never received a big hit, the carries themselves add up.

The cutting and bouncing. The schock of it.
If overdone it quickly wears down the athlete's physical recovery and potential growth.

Even if never received a big hit, the carries themselves add up.

The cutting and bouncing. The schock of it.
If overdone it quickly wears down the athlete's physical recovery and potential growth.

Somewhere in this thread another poster quoted the Bear.... something to the effect the ball ain't all that heavy. Doubt he experiences the same amount of wear and tear trying to avoid contact as linemen and backers who are trying to initiate every play. He must have some built in cardio system. Without seeing his practices, I have no idea how many live reps he takes or does not take to compensate for his Friday nights. Some guys are just iron men and tough as nails. Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. Back to Emmit Smith. His SR YEAR at FLorida he had 28 scrimmage plays per game and had to deal with college level defenders and he survived. Not everybody is Emmit Smith, but still.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Are we all gonna ignore the fact that swampfoxfan thinks being a corpsman makes him a medical expert on football injuries

VN Store

Back