'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

FYI...after over 45,109 messages you want to single one person out ? Really ? So when is the last positive post you've read ?
You're wasting your time. He's one of the biggest negative posters on this site. Just save your typing fingers bud.

Something is very strange with his offer list. How can he have better offers than Horn? One plays weak TN HS competition while the other plays high level UGA HS competition.
Not strange at all. Jerry Rice went to Miss Valley a State. Walter Peyton....

I didn’t say that, I’ve saw him 2 years play my former high school, he just looked much better in 2019 than 2020 to me. I’m pretty sure they lost a lot of seniors from one year to the next. With talent around him he may be great
Happens with all the players on smaller, non traditional powerhouse programs. Brock Vandagriff was all world this year, less so last year, often looked better his sophomore season than Jr. season all because it takes 11 players...

So the fact that Bama, Clemson, and Tennessee want him really bad isn’t enough for you?

You need a message board poster to convince you?
He plays in a weak AA district in rural west Tennessee and has never led his team past the first round of the play offs. It's a legitimate question.

Post #1665. It seems he wants to see what Bama is gonna do now that Sark is going to Texas. VQ said he was gonna commit in January. Sark leaves and all of a sudden he is pushing things back. Just reading the tea leaves.
Perhaps he wanted to commit to the Vols and has seen all of the recent turmoil here. Maybe thats why he pushed things back?

Perhaps he wanted to commit to the Vols and has seen all of the recent turmoil here. Maybe thats why he pushed things back?[/QUOTe
I honestly think that is more likely. He is looking for a reason to come here and we are struggling to give him a good reason.

Reactions: jp1
He plays in a weak AA district in rural west Tennessee and has never led his team past the first round of the play offs. It's a legitimate question.

He plays in AAA in the same region as the State runner-up. I've seen him play a few times he is legit. Its not his fault 80% of his passes are bouncing off his receivers chest.

Perhaps he wanted to commit to the Vols and has seen all of the recent turmoil here. Maybe thats why he pushed things back?
I think it is the Vols turmoil here. Doing everything to try to be a Vol we are just not making his decision easy. It was also announced he was pushing his decision back a couple weeks prior to Texas hiring Sark "going public".

Reactions: jp1
probably one of the least talented teams all around in the whole state

Just goes to show you the importance of coaching in HS football. When Coady (the guy who went to Mayfield) was there, the Chargers normally went 2 or 3 rounds deep into the playoffs every year. The administration made a couple of really bad hires and now, here they are. Best QB they've had since Danny Walker and they can't even have a winning record.

Reactions: quadlee21
Just goes to show you the importance of coaching in HS football. When Coady (the guy who went to Mayfield) was there, the Chargers normally went 2 or 3 rounds deep into the playoffs every year. The administration made a couple of really bad hires and now, here they are. Best QB they've had since Danny Walker and they can't even have a winning record.
You should do a little fact checking before you post certain things. They have had winning records the last 2 years with Ty at the helm. Living in Martin, I get to watch him play pretty often. The kid is legit. Only thing that may be a concern is his size,imo. He isn't very tall. He checks every other box tho. It would be nice to see how he did with an O-line that could protect him. He literally ran for his life on every snap and made some phenomenal plays in doing so. For whoever said Westview is one of the least talented teams in the state, you must not watch much hs football in the West Tennessee area. As bad as they are, there are much MUCH worse.

The talent level with and against Simpson is not good compared to the level of competition other top rated QBs are facing week in and week out. It's harder to evaluate him against a Kaiden Salter or Harrison Bailey who played with and against much tougher competition. Hope he is the real deal and has a great career in college and the NFL.

You should do a little fact checking before you post certain things. They have had winning records the last 2 years with Ty at the helm. Living in Martin, I get to watch him play pretty often. The kid is legit. Only thing that may be a concern is his size,imo. He isn't very tall. He checks every other box tho. It would be nice to see how he did with an O-line that could protect him. He literally ran for his life on every snap and made some phenomenal plays in doing so. For whoever said Westview is one of the least talented teams in the state, you must not watch much hs football in the West Tennessee area. As bad as they are, there are much MUCH worse.

Buddy I watch lots and lots of high school football in the area. They do not have any talent hardly at all. I will say this year they was a little better than the previous 2 years, but overall still bad. Ty is a player for sure I am sold on him, but his team around him is very bad.

I personally think that bringing in a new coach will help us with Simpson. He wants to play in a good system (which we don't have right now) and hopefully we get someone who will be able to provide that ground for him

I personally think that bringing in a new coach will help us with Simpson. He wants to play in a good system (which we don't have right now) and hopefully we get someone who will be able to provide that ground for him
I disagree. He was close to committing to UT when Sark left for Texas. Then we know how the next few weeks went. Recruiting is all about relationships. Starting over will set us back in this relationship. Not impossible but definitely makes it harder.

New coach was priority number one.
Have all Off-season and next season to get things right with this kid.
Not to mention another better QB may come into the fold down the road.

If were winning next season, then I like our chances with Simpson

Really hope the next coach makes Steele the DC.

I realize that this is not the popular opinion and I am not sure I would like it. But what if, and it’s a HUGE IF, Steele may have improved enough to be a good HC? I know his previous HC record is trash. But that was almost 20 years ago. Since then he has worked under Saban, Dabo, Jimbo, Miles and Gus. One would think that he has learned quite a bit.

All I am saying is maybe Steele could be the answer.

I realize that this is not the popular opinion and I am not sure I would like it. But what if, and it’s a HUGE IF, Steele may have improved enough to be a good HC? I know his previous HC record is trash. But that was almost 20 years ago. Since then he has worked under Saban, Dabo, Jimbo, Miles and Gus. One would think that he has learned quite a bit.

All I am saying is maybe Steele could be the answer.

He’s not

VN Store

Back