'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Horn would come here in a heartbeat for baseball or football. I understand the why some get very enamored with Ty but he’s no Tua. Not saying Sam is either but Sam loves Tennessee. Ty just so happens to be focused on more.

Ty Simpson has offers from Clemson, UNC, FL, Texas, UGA, Oregon, Bama, etc and Horn has offers from VT, Pitt, WVU, Ga Tech, Mich St, UK, OK St, etc.

A lot of people base their opinions on the quality of offers. Ty Simpson clearly has the better offer list. He has more offers, too, but many times that just means he developed and started receiving attention earlier in his career.

I have no idea who will be better. Wish they’d both just come here.

Ty Simpson has offers from Clemson, UNC, FL, Texas, UGA, Oregon, Bama, etc and Horn has offers from VT, Pitt, WVU, Ga Tech, Mich St, UK, OK St, etc.

A lot of people base their opinions on the quality of offers. Ty Simpson clearly has the better offer list. He has more offers, too, but many times that just means he developed and started receiving attention earlier in his career.

One has absolutely tore up Georgia 6A, the other has lit up Tennessee 3A. The competition level horn plays is bar none better. Doesn’t mean he’s a better QB because the team around Ty is pretty bad but Horn could potentially be just as good, if not better. Honestly Horns mechanics and reaction time reminds me of Trevor Lawrence. Probably not as elite but could be. They even have a similar athletic ability outside the pocket.

Another thing to remember is that Horns teammate is Travis Hunter, a 5 star corner (he also plays WR) and is ranked as the number 1 player in Georgia for the class of 2022. And he’s committed to.. Florida State. Could make the chance of flipping him easier with Horn here.

It’s a good problem to have. Top 5 QB prospect that you highly covet may not want to come here? Go after the slightly lower ranked top 100 one that has every reason to come here and has the number 2 corner in the nation as his teammate.

So either way if we can start showing some signs of life on Offense we are going to end up with a good QB or you know Freeze.

I usually put a lot of stock into offer lists. Looking at the level of competition and the stats between the 2, it seems like the offer lists don’t match up. WAtching film, Horn is at minimum equal to Simpson as a passer. Now Ty definitely moves better. There is no discussion there.

But JG had those big time offers as well. I honestly cannot explain the disparity in the offer lists here. But I will say this, either one of these guys would be great gets.

I have said this more than once, but the difference in their offer lists, to me, is likely based on Ty flashing early in his career (see Harrison Bailey) and having a father with connections and knowledge of how to get his son exposure to collegiate programs. Horn, meanwhile, has only played 2 seasons of football, missed the important camp circuit between his SO and JR year, and is considered a baseball prospect, as well. Word is getting out on him, and once his JR film gets out, I expect a jump in his offer list.

The competition level is a no-brainer advantage to Horn. I don't see this as necessarily having to be a "one is better so the other is bad" type situation. That said, I don't see a large gap in talent between the two and haven't going back to Horn's SO film, even. Both are good, but I think Horn has a much higher upside based on untapped potential while Simpson has maybe come close to his ceiling. I see a lot more bust potential in Simpson, but perhaps with great coaching, he has another level that has not been tapped into, yet. So maybe his ceiling is higher than I realize.

I have said this more than once, but the difference in their offer lists, to me, is likely based on Ty flashing early in his career (see Harrison Bailey) and having a father with connections and knowledge of how to get his son exposure to collegiate programs. Horn, meanwhile, has only played 2 seasons of football, missed the important camp circuit between his SO and JR year, and is considered a baseball prospect, as well. Word is getting out on him, and once his JR film gets out, I expect a jump in his offer list.

The competition level is a no-brainer advantage to Horn. I don't see this as necessarily having to be a "one is better so the other is bad" type situation. That said, I don't see a large gap in talent between the two and haven't going back to Horn's SO film, even. Both are good, but I think Horn has a much higher upside based on untapped potential while Simpson has maybe come close to his ceiling. I see a lot more bust potential in Simpson, but perhaps with great coaching, he has another level that has not been tapped into, yet. So maybe his ceiling is higher than I realize.
I'll assume your evaluation is spot on, in which case, assuming we do not have a staff overhaul including a new head coach, we need to be bringing guys in who are already developed and polished seeing as how we don't seem to be willing and/or capable of developing raw talent, particularly at QB.

Chad Simmons
‘Not a true dual-threat..’

Wtf does it take to be a ‘true dual-threat QB’? Idk how anyone can watch Simpson’s film and not see a legit dual threat QB. The dude has serious wheels. He’s a pass first QB, sure, but the threat to run is very real and he will kill it in an offense like Kiffin’s or Freeze’s or Dabo’s (or any other modern offense for that matter) that actually utilizes Simpson’s legs.

I saw that Korey Foreman showed up there today too.
hes been here a bunch. think hes getting close to a decision. hes got a good relatioship with Weinke. Gaurantee YabboDaboDoo is playing that against us. I recall him saying he wants to carve out his own legacy, could be wishful thinking.

He’s a take for Clemson but we should take Horn instead?

His offer list is more impressive.

He’s a take for Clemson but we should take Horn instead?

His offer list is more impressive.
Thats not the point the point is this kid seems to be looking for anything other than UT and a lot of people get turned off by that.

Horn looks just as good to most, and it has been said he loves UT parents and/or grandparents went to UT. Most feel if we were willing to take his commitment now he would commit to us.

Most also feel the longer we take in taking his commitment the more likely it is to miss out on both.

Thats not the point the point is this kid seems to be looking for anything other than UT and a lot of people get turned off by that.

Horn looks just as good to most, and it has been said he loves UT parents and/or grandparents went to UT. Most feel if we were willing to take his commitment now he would commit to us.

Most also feel the longer we take in taking his commitment the more likely it is to miss out on both.

Who gives a rat’s azz which schools it “seems” these kids like right now?

The #1 overall QB prospect in the 2020 class was committed to a different school than the one he signed with, all the way up to 3 months before ESD.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

dont wait. we've done that **** too much in past. b e a g g r e s s ive!

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I'm not even sure Simpson's teams have a winning record in 3A football. Even this year, his team was blown out in several games including a getting shut out at least once. I know he is highly touted but you'd think if he was that great, he'd be a dominating a weak small school schedule.

Reactions: VolByLaw

VN Store

Back