'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

DJ Ugalehehlelheliehllhe at clemson probalby has a lot to do with that. and there's at least some bit of "unknown" for waht Bama will do after Jones....

of course things are WIDE OPEN here so there's zero fear on his part to look around and entertain all comers.....

so we will sit on our hands, and recruit the crap out of the kid....and hope....he knows how important he is to TN and that class.....but that wont' mean a hill of beans if he doesn't think he can come here and be great.....he knows he can go to bama or clemson and be great.

we need to put our best foot forward....soon. good news is there is time....so no need to freak out....be aware...but don't freak out. lol.

Bama has Young the top freshman. They are fine.

I think the same can be said for Shrout, too, but then Maurer became an Elite11 guy, somehow.
he threw for a bazillion yards down in Ocala, and ran around like Johnny football...was named most improved player at that elite 11 camp.

maurer and shrout both were for numbers....had to have some quarter backs....weren't going to get the ones we wanted.....neither were looked at as being 'solutions'....depth and competition.

same for Chryst, the MD transfer....and the attempt to get Daniels....though i think there were designs on daniels possibly being a starter this year.

Reactions: DiderotsGhost
he threw for a bazillion yards down in Ocala, and ran around like Johnny football...was named most improved player at that elite 11 camp.

maurer and shrout both were for numbers....had to have some quarter backs....weren't going to get the ones we wanted.....neither were looked at as being 'solutions'....depth and competition.

same for Chryst, the MD transfer....and the attempt to get Daniels....though i think there were designs on daniels possibly being a starter this year.
I realize all that, but the elite coaches and developers can find hidden gems and develop them into really good QBs, let alone adequate starters that don't get you beat, which is what I'd settle for at this point.

Joe Burrow
Patrick Mahomes
Marcus Mariota
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Tannehill
Ben Roethlisberger
Baker Mayfield
Daniel Jones
Carson Wentz
Dak Prescott
Russell Wilson
Jimmy Garropolo
Derek Carr
Kirk Cousins
Mitch Trubisky
Nick Foles
Matt Ryan
Josh Allen

There is a whole list of current NFL QBs who are either current starters, #1 overall picks, or Heisman Trophy winners. Included in that list roughly half the current starting QBs in the NFL. None of them, I believe, were in a Rivals 250, Elite 11, or even a 4* player coming out of high school. Yet, they were found and/or developed by someone, somewhere.

Our coaches are paid to identify and develop talent. If you land the stud, then the development part is a little easier. If you have a keen eye for overlooked talent, the identification part is a little easier. I haven't seen the first inkling that this staff can do either of those two things on even an adequate level. Maybe Bailey and Salter change that perception.

For comparison's sake, just look at what Rick Barnes and his staff have done with the basketball team. Look at what they started with 5 years ago.

I realize all that, but the elite coaches and developers can find hidden gems and develop them into really good QBs, let alone adequate starters that don't get you beat, which is what I'd settle for at this point.

Joe Burrow
Patrick Mahomes
Marcus Mariota
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Tannehill
Ben Roethlisberger
Baker Mayfield
Daniel Jones
Carson Wentz
Dak Prescott
Russell Wilson
Jimmy Garropolo
Derek Carr
Kirk Cousins
Mitch Trubisky
Nick Foles
Matt Ryan
Josh Allen

There is a whole list of current NFL QBs who are either current starters, #1 overall picks, or Heisman Trophy winners. Included in that list roughly half the current starting QBs in the NFL. None of them, I believe, were in a Rivals 250, Elite 11, or even a 4* player coming out of high school. Yet, they were found and/or developed by someone, somewhere.

Our coaches are paid to identify and develop talent. If you land the stud, then the development part is a little easier. If you have a keen eye for overlooked talent, the identification part is a little easier. I haven't seen the first inkling that this staff can do either of those two things on even an adequate level. Maybe Bailey and Salter change that perception.

For comparison's sake, just look at what Rick Barnes and his staff have done with the basketball team. Look at what they started with 5 years ago.

Good list but Burrow, Mariota, Carr, and Trubisky were all either composite 4* or 247 4*

Good list but Burrow, Mariota, Carr, and Trubisky were all either composite 4* or 247 4*
Fair enough. I know a few of the ones I provided probably predated 247's existence, so Rivals 250 is what I referenced for that reason. Drew Brees and Tom Brady probably both fit on that list, too, but they both perhaps predate even Rivals, at this point.

Joe Burrow
Patrick Mahomes
Marcus Mariota
Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Tannehill
Ben Roethlisberger
Baker Mayfield
Daniel Jones
Carson Wentz
Dak Prescott
Russell Wilson
Jimmy Garropolo
Derek Carr
Kirk Cousins
Mitch Trubisky
Nick Foles
Matt Ryan
Josh Allen

no disagreement. siap, our guys have gotten NO better while htey've been here. part of that is that they have low celings. the other part.....well...they've only been here with these coaches.................so.............

i never expected any of them to be world beaters. but that none of them got ANY better? ugh.

Reactions: cncchris33
no disagreement. siap, our guys have gotten NO better while htey've been here. part of that is that they have low celings. the other part.....well...they've only been here with these coaches.................so.............

i never expected any of them to be world beaters. but that none of them got ANY better? ugh.
Yep, that is the most concerning thing, and I agree, none of them were expected to become future pros, necessarily. The lack of any sign of improvement is pretty damning, though.

No Weinke no up
Fair enough. I know a few of the ones I provided probably predated 247's existence, so Rivals 250 is what I referenced for that reason. Drew Brees and Tom Brady probably both fit on that list, too, but they both perhaps predate even Rivals, at this point.
larry would recall.

i believe i recall first rivals class was written and clausen, for us. was on grid scape before that.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Well, at least we can call up Horn. He’s not a bad consolation prize
Unless he ends up going full baseball. Kyler Murray played both but wasn’t his current incarnation of elite until the A’s drafted him and signed him. Allowing him to concentrate on football for one Heisman winning season.

Reactions: GojiraVol17

VN Store

Back