'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

If they can't get Bailey on the field and put him in positions to be successful I dont see how Simpson comes here. Clemson already has Uiaglelei killing it and he will be leaving when Simpson gets there. Clemson didn't sign a top QB this year in the 1st time in forever so the depth chart would be clear for him.
You may be right. But, I think the key here will be whether Simpson thinks he can make the difference between where UT is and where UT wants to be. What I mean is that it seems that Simpson wants to be the sole QB in his class and wants a clear path to the field (which is why, according to rumor, UT didn't push for JT Daniels to keep UT ahead for Simpson) and so going to Clemson with its QB depth may not be as appealing to Simpson whereas here UT still doesn't have a clear cut star at QB. The bigger issue in his recruitment to me is whether Simpson sees the product on the field and decides no matter how good he is that UT can't cut it. If that happens, I expect Clemson. If he think he could make the difference with the pieces surrounding him, than I still like UT.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
If they can't get Bailey on the field and put him in positions to be successful I dont see how Simpson comes here. Clemson already has Uiaglelei killing it and he will be leaving when Simpson gets there. Clemson didn't sign a top QB this year in the 1st time in forever so the depth chart would be clear for him.
Maybe we back right into Horn? Long term it could work out 😂

Dawkins also loved Weinke supposedly
LOL...maybe we'll be able to better judge Weinke if they actually play Bailey going forward and seeing how he develops. Let's face it, with JG in concussion protocols all it would take is another wrong hit or landing and he'd be right back out.

LOL...maybe we'll be able to better judge Weinke if they actually play Bailey going forward and seeing how he develops. Let's face it, with JG in concussion protocols all it would take is another wrong hit or landing and he'd be right back out.
Weinke hasn't developed anyone in 2 years and the only recruit he has brought in was Wideman and it took Wideman's mentor being Weinke's buddy and Taggert being fired at FSU.

I wouldn't judge Weinke off of JG. I don't think Joe Montana could make him better. Don't think Mauer and Shrout are SEC level QB's either.
i don't either, and i agree with all that.

still......none of them have gotten ANY better.....while positions around them have....

ultimately, we do need an upgrade, period, at QB. and it looks like we're going to recruit our way to that.....

i can't say i'm excited at the prospect of CCW being the guy in charge of them though.....

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Would be the ultimate kick in the vols if Simpson goes to Bama.
we better hope our offense gets it going or that is what he'll do. He isn't going to want to play in this boring uncreative offense. Especially when he sees that Weinke can't develop anyone anyway.

But Anna Hickey
In fairness, her confidence level was only a 6 out of 10. Make no mistake, when Anna goes all in on a prediction, you can just about take it to the bank. She hedged her bets immediately with that low confidence number, which almost begs the question, “Why even make a prediction?”

DJ Ugalehehlelheliehllhe at clemson probalby has a lot to do with that. and there's at least some bit of "unknown" for waht Bama will do after Jones....

of course things are WIDE OPEN here so there's zero fear on his part to look around and entertain all comers.....

so we will sit on our hands, and recruit the crap out of the kid....and hope....he knows how important he is to TN and that class.....but that wont' mean a hill of beans if he doesn't think he can come here and be great.....he knows he can go to bama or clemson and be great.

we need to put our best foot forward....soon. good news is there is time....so no need to freak out....be aware...but don't freak out. lol.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
I wouldn't judge Weinke off of JG. I don't think Joe Montana could make him better. Don't think Mauer and Shrout are SEC level QB's either. He hasn't had anything to work with yet. I don't think we know if he is a good coach yet. JMO
I certainly don’t hold Wienke responsible for JG, but Shrout and Maurer were picked by this staff and offered scholarships. It would seem that they either suck at evaluating QBs, recruiting QBs, or at developing QBs.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
DJ Ugalehehlelheliehllhe at clemson probalby has a lot to do with that. and there's at least some bit of "unknown" for waht Bama will do after Jones....

of course things are WIDE OPEN here so there's zero fear on his part to look around and entertain all comers.....

so we will sit on our hands, and recruit the crap out of the kid....and hope....he knows how important he is to TN and that class.....but that wont' mean a hill of beans if he doesn't think he can come here and be great.....he knows he can go to bama or clemson and be great.

we need to put our best foot forward....soon. good news is there is time....so no need to freak out....be aware...but don't freak out. lol.
Bryce Young will be better than Jones. Simpson won't want to go thre either.

Last edited:
I certainly don’t hold Wienke responsible for JG, but Shrout and Maurer were picked by this staff and offered scholarships. It would seem that they either suck at evaluating QBs, recruiting QBs, or at developing QBs.

Pretty sure Helton picked Shrout. No idea who really wanted Maurer

Bryce Young was slightly overhyped but he’s legit.

Bryce Young was slightly overhyped but he’s legit.
don't disagree....he's still an "unknown", as much as he can be anyway.....whereas DJ has certainly looked the part so far.

i've no doubts about young either though....

VN Store

Back