'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Not specific to this prospect, but listening to Charles Davis a few minutes ago he was discussing how all the elite prospects he talks to mention that they want to be on a team that has the best chance of being in the playoff. With the current structure, it means the same 5-6 teams will get the lion's share until something changes, such as playoff expansion.

That’s been known for years. That’s not going to change. It’s why the same teams who make the playoffs every year also are at the top of the recruiting rankings year in and year out.

But stars don’t matter according to VN

I'm sorry, but it's widely accepted that's what happened. People like AP, Swain have all mentioned it before on their shows/podcasts as well. I'm not saying Ty himself asked for UT to straight up abandon pursuit of JT Daniels, but UT did one way or another to satisfy Ty.
Swain’ll propagate a rumor as fact on you. Like the Red Wedding theory with Butch’s goddaughter and Dormady. He recruited JG like crazy but arranged a love affair for another QB on the roster in order to hand him the starting job? We say things out loud...so they have to be true.

That’s been known for years. That’s not going to change. It’s why the same teams who make the playoffs every year also are at the top of the recruiting rankings year in and year out.

Just give up...you already have.

A school can usurp their way into that group, like UGA and LSU have done, but you have to knock it out of the park on your coaching hire and get some transcendent players in their first class. If Pruitt had peeled us a couple of Bama commits and maybe not wasted time coaching the Tide in the playoffs, we might be in a different position right now.

That's true. Georgia. Ohio State. Alabama. Clemson. Oklahoma. Every f***** year. We all know how each season end before it begins..

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
And it’s not going to change. That’s why I think TN likely will never return to try elite status. We need those elite players to get to the playoffs. We cannot get to the playoffs without those elite players.
Correct. It's an endless cycle. We NEED a CFB playoff expansion badly just to keep things a little more interesting imo

Swain’ll propagate a rumor as fact on you. Like the Red Wedding theory with Butch’s goddaughter and Dormady. He recruited JG like crazy but arranged a love affair for another QB on the roster in order to hand him the starting job? We say things out loud...so they have to be true.

How in earth are you in denial over that Dormady thing? It's Butch Jones. That definitely happened 99.9% certainty lol

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
How in earth are you in denial over that Dormady thing? It's Butch Jones. That definitely happened 99.9% certainty lol
Your percentages are stupid. That and the Colton Jumper’s dad bought him a starting job belong in the Vol Fan Dumbazz HOF. Butch did enough wrong that we shouldn’t have to invent crap.

Highlights arent that impressive to me.
I’ll be honest, I don’t see what more this kid gives than Maurer... the fact that 10 minutes of his highlight is running around from defensive line and ends doesn’t help. I like Salter better.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a highlight reel where the receivers dropped so many passes.
I’m more concerned with a lot of those times he backyard juked away from the defense in the SEC he’s getting caught if not crushed from a blindside rusher.

I’ll be honest, I don’t see what more this kid gives than Maurer... the fact that 10 minutes of his highlight is running around from defensive line and ends doesn’t help. I like Salter better.
Talking heads say his Dad is a QB guru. Looks to me like he can extend plays with his legs & hits guys that have gotten open.

Perhaps its the polish that coaches like more? I think he has options everywhere.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Talking heads say his Dad is a QB guru. Looks to me like he can extend plays with his legs & hits guys that have gotten open.

Perhaps its the polish that coaches like more? I think he has options everywhere.
I can see that he definitely has read progression down. It may be a thing where he’s advanced and playing a higher IQ level of football that his teammates aren’t able to play, I don’t know.

Sam Horn is better and wants to be a Vol. shame we are wasting time with this kid. Also the fact that he has to be “the guy” in the class is a red flag. SELFISH

Reactions: reVOLution33

VN Store

Back