'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

This^^^^

It will be high irony when a "defensive" coach like JP is fired for his blind allegiance to a sub-par QB/poor QB evaluations. I agree with your preference of Horn over Simpson too, although either one is a huge step-up from any QB on the current roster save HB.
No ones firing him yet, calm your tits. Jeez. Y’all are wound tighter than a cheap watch over JG all the time. It’s football. Calm down

Reactions: Orange Studs
Mentioned on the vq podcast the possibility of him reclassifying. They said unlikely, but was something they'd talked about. That's the first I've heard of that.

Mentioned on the vq podcast the possibility of him reclassifying. They said unlikely, but was something they'd talked about. That's the first I've heard of that.
Don’t look for that to happen. His dad being a college coach will dissuade him from doing that, imo. Your body will not be ready for the punishment of college athletes. Ty isn’t the biggest kid either as far as muscle mass or frame. Not saying he couldn’t grow into that, just going off what you can see.

Don’t look for that to happen. His dad being a college coach will dissuade him from doing that, imo. Your body will not be ready for the punishment of college athletes. Ty isn’t the biggest kid either as far as muscle mass or frame. Not saying he couldn’t grow into that, just going off what you can see.
I believe Simpson is old for his class. Not sure if he was held back for athletic reasons, which is common these days, or if he started late, or whatever reason. I think he will be 18 several months before the start of what should be his senior season in 2021, though. So if he reclassified, he’d still be 18 as a college freshman, though perhaps a youngish 18 compared to his classmates.

I agree. Don't believe they're any examples of football players reclassifying and being successful. Could be wrong but none coming to mind.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
I believe Simpson is old for his class. Not sure if he was held back for athletic reasons, which is common these days, or if he started late, or whatever reason. I think he will be 18 several months before the start of what should be his senior season in 2021, though. So if he reclassified, he’d still be 18 as a college freshman, though perhaps a youngish 18 compared to his classmates.

I'll throw this out there (and it might tick off some Martin Westview fans) but that's not a very well coached team. There's some skill players there but their line play is atrocious (it's not like they are playing against D-1 players). That coaching staff was well extremely overmatched when going against a good (but not great) Covington team. It might be better for him to reclassify than play another year there.

This is accurate. Age wise he wouldn't really be starting college any younger than normal college-aged students. Not saying I have any idea about whether he will reclassify. But he could be a senior right now based on age.

Reactions: cncchris33
I'll throw this out there (and it might tick off some Martin Westview fans) but that's not a very well coached team. There's some skill players there but their line play is atrocious (it's not like they are playing against D-1 players). That coaching staff was well extremely overmatched when going against a good (but not great) Covington team. It might be better for him to reclassify than play another year there.
They’re decently coached, but just not a very good team. And not to step on toes here, but I don’t think Ty is a very good QB. Athletic enough to get out of trouble when playing mediocre talent, but not good enough to elevate his team to be better than their given talents.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Back in town for a second consecutive weekend will be quarterback Ty Simpson. Simpson will be hoping to see a Vol offense that shows more signs of life than it did last weekend. He really enjoyed hanging out with the players after the game last week and got a good feel for what the team vibe is like in Knoxville. Still a Clemson and Tennessee battle with Alabama pushing to make it a three team race. Clemson appears to be pushing hard for him to come to a decision but he is not ready. He plans on taking a visit to see the Tigers in the month of November.
-vq

Pruitt recruited those dudes so he is to blame.

QB recruiting is always a year ahead. So the same way I didn’t blame Pruitt for the roster deficiencies last year, I don’t blame him for the lack of a viable qb this year...

With that said: He 1000% will get blamed by me if he fails to find a serviceable QB either through the transfer market, development of current players (Salter including since he’ll be on that team) or a JUCO. If Pruitt doesn’t exhaust every option and fails to produce a serviceable qb, I’ll start to turn on him next season.

VN Store

Back