'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Weinke’s position has not played very well for a couple of years. Might be time to try someone else. We have lost a number of games due to poor QB play over the last couple of years.

I am not making a judgement on how good or bad Weinke is but the issues that JG has are not coach related. He has zero feel for the position. He can't "sense" anything happening around him. It's possible he has no peripheral vision. The game has never slowed down for him because he is just not wired mentally to play the position of QB. It's unfortunate because he does have numerous physical tools that are needed to play the position.

I am not making a judgement on how good or bad Weinke is but the issues that JG has are not coach related. He has zero feel for the position. He can't "sense" anything happening around him. It's possible he has no peripheral vision. The game has never slowed down for him because he is just not wired mentally to play the position of QB. It's unfortunate because he does have numerous physical tools that are needed to play the position.
Last year, the other two QBs had the same problem. This year, HB is the only QB who has played and not thrown an interception and he only completed 25 % of his 4 passes. I think that all our QB recruits were more talented than that.

Last edited:
Why the heck can't UT recruit a 5* "Dual Threat QB" ? Hell UGA gets them and throws them away. Just curious....

While I am at it. Why the heck can't we get a big bruising RB? We supposedly have one of the best offensive lines.

Thanks for looking it up. I couldn’t remember completely. But yeah I agree wholeheartedly
No problem. There was obviously a big discrepancy in the rankings between rivals and 247 on JG. 247 had JG in the high 100’s in ranking. They are a lot closer when it comes to Bailey... that means they both agree and see Bailey as a top 100ish player.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Weinke’s position has not played very well for a couple of years. Might be time to try someone else. We have lost a number of games due to poor QB play over the last couple of years.
Jesus...
WHO had been the QB since before he was even here as a coach??

JG!!!

Its not Weinke. Its not Chaney!!
Its VERY OBVIOUSLY PRUITT!!!

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
Last year, the other two QBs had the same problem. This year, HB is the only QB who has played and not thrown an interception and he only completed 25 % of his 4 passes. I don no think that all our QB recruits are more talented than that.
Mauer did not have the same issues. He made plenty of mistakes. But he actually showed a good feel for playing the position of QB. He had good pocket presents (🧐). Stepped up in pocket. Stepped out of pocket away from the pressure. This backs up the point I was making. Weinke did not coach those things into Mauer. And there is no way he can coach those things into JG. He just doesn't have it in him. Mauer actually had lots of issues that are coachable.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Can’t say I blame him. Trevor put up 73 points yesterday and we barely got passed the 50.

We have 3-4 years of Bailey and then Salter to go, I am not that worried about whether we get this cat or not.

I'm not saying I don't care, because I want as many promising QBs as possible...but not going to freak out.
We absolutely need him. Not many top QBs coming out of the state of TN. It’s a huge statement recruiting wise as well.

We absolutely need him. Not many top QBs coming out of the state of TN. It’s a huge statement recruiting wise as well.
Absolutely right about not many top QBs coming out of TN. Good thing they come out of a lot of other places...like Ga and Tx.

VN Store

Back