'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Guy is definitely impressive, but don’t sleep on the Alabama QB, Conner Harrell, we recently offered. He’s tearing it up right now. Kid is a solid sleeper QB. This is my preferred 2022 QB and if he ends up committing then Harrell would possibly be a solid 2nd QB commit in the class.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Yeahhhh. Cut the check
What an extremely innovative way to buy a recruit!
“We were gonna pay you $500k to come play us, but if your coach’s boy signs with us, we’ll up that number to $750k and even throw in a few of those $13 Neyland beers!”😉😉
And there ain’t nothing the association can do about it!
GBO!!

Went to the Obion Central and Martin game last Friday night, Simpson could do about anything he wanted to do, was best player on the field.
Tonight went to watch him play Covington, they were both 4-0 but Covington demolished Martin 48-0.
They absolutely shut Simpson down. I'm not sure but does not seem like he completed over 5 passes.
He did have 4 dropped passes, but he also throws a very hard short pass.

Last week he showcased amazing ability to scramble, tonight against lot better team he was scrambling for his life. Covington was much better team, played an almost perfect game, could tell they scouted Martin and had a great game plan.

I'm not saying Simpson is not as advertised, but I would like to see the highlights of our other QB recruits.

Last edited:
Went to the Obion Central and Martin game last Friday night, Simpson could do about anything he wanted to do, was best player on the field.
Tonight went to watch him play Covington, they were 4-0 and demolished Martin 48 to 0.
They absolutely shut Simpson down. I'm not sure but does not seem like he completed over 5 passes.

Last week he showcased amazing ability to scramble, tonight against lot better team he was scrambling for his life. Covington was much better team, played an almost perfect game, could tell they scouted Martin and had a great game plan.

I'm not saying Simpson is not as advertised, but I would like to see the highlights of our other QB recruits.
Everyone is due a bad game here and there. Especially since Ty can’t necessarily win the game completely on his own. Not saying that you were implying he could, just stating. That’s really what stinks about high school football in that sense. Star players are typically so much more talented than everyone around them, yet those around him couldn’t stop a nosebleed

Reactions: tnhunter 10
Everyone is due a bad game here and there. Especially since Ty can’t necessarily win the game completely on his own. Not saying that you were implying he could, just stating. That’s really what stinks about high school football in that sense. Star players are typically so much more talented than everyone around them, yet those around him couldn’t stop a nosebleed

I agree, and I did not mean any disrespect toward him. No doubt he will be a college QB, and will only get better as he is just a Junior.
I don't think he had a bad game, he was just against a much superior team and better planned team. His line could not give him time, as evident that they had no running game against Covington. All Covington had to do was focus on Simpson.
Against Obion County he looked very fast, against Covington he did not look near as fast. My saying that I would like to see highlights of our other QB recruits was not a negative against him at all, only that I would like see our other targets.

I agree, and I did not mean any disrespect toward him. No doubt he will be a college QB, and will only get better as he is just a Junior.
I don't think he had a bad game, he was just against a much superior team and better planned team. His line could not give him time, as evident that they had no running game against Covington. All Covington had to do was focus on Simpson.
Against Obion County he looked very fast, against Covington he did not look near as fast. My saying that I would like to see highlights of our other QB recruits was not a negative against him at all, only that I would like see our other targets.
Agreed. That’s a great response, sir. Well done

Reactions: OldVolMan
Tonight went to watch him play Covington, they were 4-0 and demolished Martin 48 to 0.

Former Covington Charger here and know several of the coaches there. Yes, Covington is a well coached team but there may not be a high level D1 level kid at Covington. I remember playing against 4* and 5* kids while at Covington and you knew the athletic difference immediately. He didnt visually jump out like most 4 and 5* do though.

Simpson is really all Westview has. Covington doesn’t have D1 talent but player for player they were head over heels better than the rest of Westview’s roster.

Simpson is really all Westview has. Covington doesn’t have D1 talent but player for player they were head over heels better than the rest of Westview’s roster.

The point I was making was those super elite guys jump out even if the of the team isnt super talented. For example, we played against Ahmaad Galloway and Millington and won by 2-3 TDs. Covington was the better team but it was obvious who the high D1 prospect was out there.

When I was a Senior, one of the freshman was Jon Poe (who went to UT). Even as a freshman, you just knew he was different than the rest of us. And he would have been really good had he not messed up his knee.

Former Covington Charger here and know several of the coaches there. Yes, Covington is a well coached team but there may not be a high level D1 level kid at Covington. I remember playing against 4* and 5* kids while at Covington and you knew the athletic difference immediately. He didnt visually jump out like most 4 and 5* do though.
I agree Covington doesn't have 4* or 5* talent, BUT Covington has better than average HS players across the board. You can tell a huge difference going to watch the Brighton, Munford, and Ripley's of the world and watching Covington play. I'm not sure what Westview has aside from Simpson, but it's apparent he doesn't have much around him. It's also hard as a QB to jump out as elite if he has no time in the pocket and nobody to catch the ball. JMO. I'm a local as well.

This is so true. Jonathan Allen (Alabama/Redskins) was a freshman on my team my senior year. Just built entirely different than anyone else. This guys stand out in a big way.

Yes but what you failed to mention was even though he was scrambling for his life they never could get to him. He never was hit in the backfield at all. The kid has no help around him. There also was way more than 4 dropped passes.

You know, you come on here and try to share accurate, intelligent and non biased info, and I be damn there is always someone that has to correct you or know more than you do.
I tried to give him a good honest review, at least how I saw it with my eyes. Now, I am 70, so my eyes are not what they once were.
Sorry that I “failed to mention they never did get to him.” That really was not my point, I certainly did not blame him for it, I mentioned Martin was over matched.
And, maybe when I went to empty my damn old wore out bladder again he had couple more passes dropped that I did not see. Don’t think there was “way more than 4” passes dropped but who am I to challenge you? So, how many were dropped, I’m curious.....check your stat sheet.
Guess you are not going to give me a good reference in case I apply for a sports writer job...damn it I was counting on you.

8 passes dropped according to radio. sorry to ruffle your feathers

no problem, may been little harsh with you. I had driven three hours to fly from Memphis to Orlando for 7:45AM flight and was running late. Drove like mad to closely make it, only to have them pick my bag to empty and inspect as they thought some type “explosive or combustible material inside.“
It was toothpaste and skin cream.
Then was last one to board and had to sit in the plane for over hour and half while repairs being made for a bad air connection. Decided to check VN, should have took a nap....ha
No excuse, but the only one I have. Dang, I sure thought I was paying better attention to the game than to miss the drops. But, did have my beautiful 13 yr old granddaughter go with me, and I had one eye on her because of all the 15/16 year boys vying for her attention.
GrouchyOldVolMan signing off

He more than likely won’t do it because of proximity to his dad, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to transfer for his senior year. Go to a school like Baylor, MBA, Ensworth, etc. somewhere to see what he could do with better talent around him, and against even competition.

Reactions: quadlee21
8 passes dropped according to radio. sorry to ruffle your feathers

I only saw the score (62-22) of last night's game with Lake County. Thought Lake County would give them a better game. Curious about Simpson stats in game.

Looks like Westview lost tonight again. The Covington team that destroyed Westview lost to a good, but not great, Milan team tonight.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Looks like Westview lost tonight again. The Covington team that destroyed Westview lost to a good, but not great, Milan team tonight.

That Purple Pride has a new coach with an old attitude. I heard they were good and they had a big investment to a new football field. That is my block.

That Purple Pride has a new coach with an old attitude. I heard they were good and they had a big investment to a new football field. That is my block.
One of my friends coaches for Milan and he set some records passing at UTM when he played in college.

VN Store

Back