'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Not sure I really agree because of how many excellent QBs we have with Tennessee ties for 2022. In a vacuum, maybe he's right, but I'm not even sure that Simpson is my #1 preference at QB, and frankly, if we took Horn instead, it wouldn't break my heart. But I'm not getting paid to make that decision.

You don't want to miss on Simpson because he is a big local recruit at a key position but UT does appear to have several elite options. It's hard to say he is the most important unless he ends up being a top recruit in the nation when the state has produced John Henderson and Al Wilson in recent memory (past 25 years) for instance.

Reactions: cncchris33
Need this kid. Would be the type of QB depth we’ve desperately needed having 3 beast in a row. Bailey, Salter and Simpson 👀
I agree but I doubt we would be able to keep all three. I would be glad if we got to keep two out of three.

I think you missed what @coskramer was saying. You typed horn and he typed Y. Put those together and what do you get?
I'd love to have a Tennessee kid starting at QB in the orange. That said, Horn is my favorite realistic QB prospect for '22. His command and release are fantastic. I'd be ecstatic to have either, though.

Beginning in Martin, Tn., Ty Simpson is in no rush to make a decision. He recently was offered by Clemson in our estimation that would be the only team that could upset Tennessee in this recruitment. The Tigers have a very rich recent history of quarterbacks and he is very cognizant of that. But make no mistake, Tennessee has done a very good job as a staff of recruiting and building relationships with Simpson. He will continue to say all the right things and keep teams like Alabama and Florida in the mix but it’s our belief that it’s the Tigers and Vols at the top in this one. We just continue to believe that the relationships that he has established since 8th grade will pay off.
-vq

I’m a Sam Horn fan. Something about Simpson that makes me think he will struggle at the next step up.
Ron posted a quote back in June that made it seem like Ty was afraid of competition. It may have been a slip of the tongue, but I thought it was off-putting to come from a QB. Especially a coaches son.

Respectfully, you guys are out of your mind if you don't think Simpson is the future if Tennessee football.

VN Store

Back