'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Doubt we wait that long.

Why wouldn't we? It's the summer before his Senior year?

Most QBs commit around then. Some sooner, but he is still has two full seasons of high school football to play...
We have a dandy of a 2021 QB in Salter who redshirts regardless because of Maurer and Bailey.

Then 2023 Arch Manning will be the number one prospect in the country probably.

Reactions: SoilVol and butchna
Guys he has been balling out. Its incredible he plays on a very bad team , and he is doing all he can. The guy is going to be special. This is defiantly one to watch going forward.

I hope he is a stud and ends up at UT but let's keep in mind he is playing against guys a year or two younger than he is. I saw many a middle school monster peak early and not develop as much as someothers who were younger or matured later

Grew up Tennessee fan and he is our #1 target at qb that class so I agree with deconley on this one.

Last edited:
Grew up Tennessee fan and he is our #1 target at qb that class so I agree with deconley on this one.
I do as well and the kid is gonna hit another growth spurt anyway. He’ll end up around HB’s size. Probably a little slender

I think it is time to stop making these statements. Rather than being a true statement, it is really a negative take about a recruit committing to our school. This plays into the hands of our foes.
I think that these statements highlight the flaws with recruiting rankings and why we shouldn't get caught up in them. Recruiting rankings are not as much of a science as a lot of people want them to be/make them out to be.

The services favors recruits who commit to schools with recents success. This makes sense to a certain extent, because players will be more successful and successful programs (on average)

They also generally drop kids who commit early so there are still high ranked uncommitted kids to drive hype and clicks to their sites.

It's important to remember how we value recruits before/when they commit and not change this based off of where their ratings go.

If recruits are worried about how their ranking will be effected so they change what school they commit to we don't want them. I don't see any recruit basing their commitment off of this.

I think that these statements highlight the flaws with recruiting rankings and why we shouldn't get caught up in them. Recruiting rankings are not as much of a science as a lot of people want them to be/make them out to be.

The services favors recruits who commit to schools with recents success. This makes sense to a certain extent, because players will be more successful and successful programs (on average)

They also generally drop kids who commit early so there are still high ranked uncommitted kids to drive hype and clicks to their sites.

It's important to remember how we value recruits before/when they commit and not change this based off of where their ratings go.

If recruits are worried about how their ranking will be effected so they change what school they commit to we don't want them. I don't see any recruit basing their commitment off of this.
I disagree. It represents an immature approach to try to be funny and gain attention.

The uncertainty of the start of this season has to have a little impact here. No need to rush with all that has been going on.

Reactions: SoilVol

VN Store

Back