'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

His words imply it, spin it however you want that makes you feel better. Lines aren't that hard to read between sometimes. Not saying he won't be a competitor, but if he says it wouldn't be smart to go to a place with a lot of QBs, why is that? Perhaps he's afraid of not being able to win the starting job, unless there's another reason. Not saying it's dumb to think like that or anything. Maybe it's the smart move for him, I'm not disagreeing but it would mean there's concern about completion either way.
His dad is a college coach so he’s getting knowledgeable advise. The NCAA limits practice time. Maybe it’s not smart to split practice reps with so many other qb’s? Maybe he knows how programs will sometimes make a commitment to a top recruit or transfer making it tougher to have a fair shot at playing time? Seems like there could be several reasons besides “afraid of competition “ JMO

His dad is a college coach so he’s getting knowledgeable advise. The NCAA limits practice time. Maybe it’s not smart to split practice reps with so many other qb’s? Maybe he knows how programs will sometimes make a commitment to a top recruit or transfer making it tougher to have a fair shot at playing time? Seems like there could be several reasons besides “afraid of competition “ JMO
By the time he’d arrive on campus at least 3 current UT QB’s won’t be there. It’s a crowded room at this moment but it won’t be for long.

hWe0jXcgkrWLdKASeI.gif

Reactions: DNBVOL
By the time he’d arrive on campus at least 3 current UT QB’s won’t be there. It’s a crowded room at this moment but it won’t be for long.
He’s also a very bright kid and he knows that I’m sure. Super competitive high level talent. He’ll be a Vol. Mark it down now. I know what I’m about, son.

I thought he was getting a medical redshirt for last year?
It’s a redshirt...period. It had a medical designation which allows him to apply for another (medical) redshirt in the event of another season ending injury...ala Brandon Kennedy, but it’s not an extra redshirt without that event happening.

Some of these comments are old fashioned. I would think if you or your kid were in the same situation and your discussing options that impact your future that you probably would take a more business like approach without emotion.

QB is a position where only one gets to play at a time. It’s not like All the other spots. These days offenses are more geared to allowing kids to see field earlier. It’s a lot easier to be found nearly anywhere you go. In past you had to go to a blue blood power school to be found. Now you don’t have to.

It is smart to view who people are taking in not only your class but one before. If I am a QB, I want to be the only one in my class. Then i would look at who my top options were and depth charts. if I felt the same about all of them without one overwhelming favorite then i would pick who had the most favorable depth chart.

I mean imagine being a tee Martin in today’s game. You come to school and sit behind a legend for 3 years. That just isn’t going to happen much anymore if at all.

I thought he was getting a medical redshirt for last year?
Ain't no such thing in football any longer. Or, more accurately, it is a moot point with the new automatic rs rule. Medicals you had to file for, so it would be a waste of time.

Reactions: Carp
Ain't no such thing in football any longer. Or, more accurately, it is a moot point with the new automatic rs rule. Medicals you had to file for, so it would be a waste of time.
6th year of eligibility is worth the waste...see Brandon Kennedy.

Any of the top programs are probably going to have competition, and possibly significant competition, in their QB rooms.
High level kids can’t shy away from that.

Reactions: StoVol
Even though Carson Beck was massively overrated and Vandergriff just committed, feel a bit bad for each. Hope BV decommits, goes elsewhere, then JTD doesn't get his waiver, then enters the draft next year 🤣
I don’t care about em. Life’s a decision filled event.

Either way. The kid is a hell of a QB and I hope he commits soon. Would be a good first commit of the 22 class that would get the dominos already falling there

VN Store

Back