'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Dude has a Vols banner hanging above him...

He's at a friend's house while filming the video.

However, he might be wearing a UT shirt?

This will be UT's QB prospect in 2022 especially if Tee Martin is coaching elsewhere as I'd suspect Kaden to go with him if Tee gets a head coaching job if Kaden doesn't go the baseball route.

This will be UT's QB prospect in 2022 especially if Tee Martin is coaching elsewhere as I'd suspect Kaden to go with him if Tee gets a head coaching job if Kaden doesn't go the baseball route.
He said he's at a friends house, but he also said his dad was at UT Martin, and there just happens to be a UT Martin banner up there too... The plot thickens

He will be UT’s 22 qb regardless of what happens with Martin. Simpson is a far more polished QB at this point, and I believe the highest rated in the class.

This kid, Davis’s Boy, Tevin Carter, and Martin. Not a bad crop to pick from.

I agree. The VQ guys the other day said it's probably going to be between Simpson and Davis as they didn't seem to think Carter was much of a chance any longer, and Martin may either choose baseball or go where Tee goes if Tee were to get a HC or OC job.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
I agree. The VQ guys the other day said it's probably going to be between Simpson and Davis as they didn't seem to think Carter was much of a chance any longer, and Martin may either choose baseball or go where Tee goes if Tee were to get a HC or OC job.
Braden Davis is a big dude. I honestly would prefer him over Simpson.

Tennessee has long been after the services of 2022 quarterback Ty Simpson. In fact, the Vols were one of the first teams to offer the pro-style signal-caller as an eighth grader three years ago.

“I came in and threw at a prospect camp for coach [Jeremy] Pruitt and [former offensive coordinator] coach [Tyson] Helton,” Simpson told Volquest. “Coach Pruitt came down and watched me and then we went up in his office to talk. He offered me there. “I was really surprised to get those offers at such an early age. It all happened so fast - I didn’t really have time to process it. It’s really cool and a blessing, but I’ve kept trucking along.”

The Vols weren’t the only program spotting the quarterback at a young age. Michigan was first before the list grew to as many as 37 offers today. Schools from around the Power 5 landscape are in play, trying to land a QB1 of the future.

“I’m very high on Tennessee and know a lot about the program, but I’m also hearing from a lot of schools a couple of times a week,” the four-star said. “Alabama, LSU, Florida, Clemson and Auburn are always reaching out. Oklahoma, Texas A&M and USC are as well.”

One outlier that could play a factor into Tennessee’s chances with Simpson is the wild card of transfer quarterback J.T. Daniels and where he eventually lands. The former Trojan quarterback entered the transfer portal last month and is still without a home. Tennessee is one of the programs rumored to be an ideal fit.

“I’m not scared of competition. I’ll have to compete anywhere I go. That’s how it works,” Simpson said. “But I don’t think it’s smart to go to a program with a loaded quarterback room of six or seven guys. I know coach Tee Martin recruited Daniels and coached him at USC. They have a good relationship.

“When [Tennessee quarterback Jarrett Guarantano] JG leaves, J.T. could be the guy. If that happens, great and good for them, but in that case, I’d need to do what is best for me and probably move on.”

“I’d like to think people see me as a versatile quarterback who can make any throw. I’m a guy who has a great arm, can run and has a high IQ of the game,” Simpson said of himself. “I try and model my game after three quarterbacks: Peyton Manning, Patrick Mahomes and Kyler Murray. They all do a little bit of everything and do it at a high level.”

An upcoming junior at Westview High School, Simpson has some Tennessee ties. His mother’s side grew up watching and admiring the Vols in the 1990s. Former Vols Chad Clifton and Justin Harrell graduated from his high school. And growing up in Tennessee, the prospect is ‘surrounded’ by some of the biggest Vols fans every day.

“I’m really high on Tennessee. I like the program, but there are some other schools in play too,” Simpson concluded. “As far as making a commitment, I honestly think I’m about ready. I’ve discussed it with some schools, but I’ll need to wait and discuss things further with my family.
“It’s all about timing.”

-VQ

He’s afraid of JT Daniels coming to UT? Not a good look.

-VQ

He’s afraid of JT Daniels coming to UT? Not a good look.

Read into what you want. That's not what he said. He said the QB room is already full, then if you bring in JT , it will be like 6-7 guys. It's not one particular guy, because he stated he'll have to compete wherever he goes. It's just that the QB room will be too full. Most schools have 4-5 max. Well be looking at JG, JT, BM, Salter, Hill, Shrout, and Bailey.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Read into what you want. That's not what he said. He said the QB room is already full, then if you bring in JT , it will be like 6-7 guys. It's not one particular guy, because he stated he'll have to compete wherever he goes. It's just that the QB room will be too full. Most schools have 4-5 max. Well be looking at JG, JT, BM, Salter, Hill, Shrout, and Bailey.
But not with him here. I’m just assuming after attrition and by the time gets on campus, it would be
JT
Bailey
Salter
Holiday (but he will be at WR probably)

He can redshirt and wouldn’t be an issue because JT would be gone by RS Fresh season.

Remove JG and JT from the list after his freshman season. Hill isn’t a factor and shouldn’t be on your list.

If Shrout/Mauer get passed by Bailey, then they aren’t factors even if they remain on campus.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
He says he isn't afraid of competition and then basically goes on to explain how he is afraid of competition. Weird
Where did he say “afraid”? Think those are others juxtaposing. A lot of you are speaking as Vol fans...not objectively.

Reactions: BreatheUT
thought itw as weirder that bailey or salter wasn't mentioned. lol.

but i don't blame him for thinking the way he does. i think it probably has less to do with what will or won't happen here as much as it is qb's have watched what's happened at other places like OU, GA, LSU, OSU, Bama etc....and maybe wonder about what the situation is vs. what might be ina couple years. lots of Qb's, highly rated qb's, have wound up transferring out of their original choice school.

for every baker mayfield or joe burrow, there's a blake bell or Jacob Eason.....

all that said....if he'd just go ahead and commit here, that'd probably take care of a lot of concerns, on both fronts. lol.

Remove JG and JT from the list after his freshman season. Hill isn’t a factor and shouldn’t be on your list.

If Shrout/Mauer get passed by Bailey, then they aren’t factors even if they remain on campus.
Until Shrout transfers, he’s a number. JG’s spot gets filled by Salter and Hill will end up on scholarship...he’s not going anywhere. That’s the information the young man has to consider whilst making HIS OWN life decision. We’re not hindered by anything in simply declaring him a coward.

JG will be gone.

Where did he say “afraid”? Think those are others juxtaposing. A lot of you are speaking as Vol fans...not objectively.

Doesn't have to say he's "afraid" but saying it wouldn't be smart to to to a place with a lot of QBs basically spells it out for him. A true competitor would see that as an opportunity to only get better.

VN Store

Back