'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

He turns 16 in August from what I’ve heard. Good kid off the field on it specially the baseball field. He totally losses it, barking at the 3rd and 1st baseman. When he sails 4 ft over their head from behind the plate. Trying to run through the first man or tries to step on his foot when he grounds out. Guess the worst was when the manager tried to pull him from the mound to go play short and he refuses and then throws the ball in the dirt to the shortstop never handed the ball to the manager.
Get arm talent though coach ability keeping his cool are a real concern.

That you, Terry?

Reactions: 1 person
A kid can be held back in 5th grade or before at the parents request and be eligible for HS athletics. After that the kid has to fail to be eligible or sit out a year. TMSAA guideline is that the kid can't be 15 before 8/1 of 8th grade year. Even if his school isn't in TMSAA most school follow their guidelines so he is not 16 in middle school. This is a very common practice. I was held back 25 yrs ago in 6th grade and was on the honor roll.

Last edited:
I have seen this kid play the past few years he is no doubt a stud athlete. A little surprised he has been offered a D1 scholarship this early. But he also turns 16 before he gets out of the 8th grade. Somehow they were able to hold him back 2 years. Btw I’m not making this up, this has come from people in Martin.

Then he's not a stud.

Sounds like this kid needs a pitch in his ribs. That attitude won’t last mustard with a good coach.

He’s literally just a young kid . Most 16 year olds haven’t figured out yet who they are or what they need to do to figure it out . He’ll mature a lot in the next 2-3 years I bet . ( hope )

v9v32mP.jpg

He’s literally just a young kid . Most 16 year olds haven’t figured out yet who they are or what they need to do to figure it out . He’ll mature a lot in the next 2-3 years I bet . ( hope )

Being a Pos on the field is not an age excuse. Trying to hurt someone will get you hurt. You can play the right way and still be immature. Someone needs to jerk his chain and get his attention before he blows it. Meaning a coach needs to show him how to respect the game and others. Being a competitor and wanting to win is great. Being a JA trying to injure a guy with cheap shots is not.

Being a Pos on the field is not an age excuse. Trying to hurt someone will get you hurt. You can play the right way and still be immature. Someone needs to jerk his chain and get his attention before he blows it. Meaning a coach needs to show him how to respect the game and others. Being a competitor and wanting to win is great. Being a JA trying to injure a guy with cheap shots is not.

I agree and I know nothing about the kid all I was saying is at 16-17 kids , boys especially do really stupid things . Remember ? Lol

In His Words: "It means a lot knowing Coach Pruitt’s and Coach Helton’s background and being from Tennessee. I think in the next couple of years Tennessee will be a powerhouse in football."

On the campus: "The campus was really nice and a lot of people are involved in it, which makes it feel like home. "

On interacting with the coaches: "I loved all the coaches. They have a lot of things in common with me. They are all coach's sons like me so I know how it goes. They loved working me out. Coach Helton and Coach Pruitt really loved my feet. And told me that I'm on of the best he's seen."

Analyst Take: After an impressive spring on the camp and 7-on-7 circuit, Simpson has shown that he's worthy of all the attention and offers coming his way. With SEC schools joining the mix, it makes sense for the Vols to get in early as well. Not only is Simpson the ideal fit for the Vols offense, but he will be a national level recruit before it's all said and done. Obviously he still has a long time before he will be making any type of decision but the Vols should be considered a factor going forward.

-Woody Wommack, Rivals

I have seen this kid play the past few years he is no doubt a stud athlete. A little surprised he has been offered a D1 scholarship this early. But he also turns 16 before he gets out of the 8th grade. Somehow they were able to hold him back 2 years. Btw I’m not making this up, this has come from people in Martin.

I think he turns 16 in August or September. That would be the only way you can be held back twice and play TMSAA sports which he did for the Martin Panthers last year. Been watching this kid since 4th grade. You could see he was something special even back then. Coached against him in the junior league. Never thought it was ok that my kid who is almost 2 full years younger then Ty had to play against him (My wife wouldn't even consider holding our kid back). Really good athlete. Great arm. Tough as hell. You can tell he has been around college football and coaching all his life.

Reactions: 1 person
Started late and held back a year probably. Had a friend who’s birthday was in August so they started him in kindergarten when he was six and then held him back in first grade. It happens. Funny though he was a stud athlete in middle school, far better than anyone he played against. Then we hit high school and it evened out.

VN Store

Back