'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Don’t need lines Butchie, I just make people believers and if you knew me you wouldn’t insinuate that to me.
Zackly the point. We don’t KNOW you but trust you over our coaches prioritizing the kid? Tough sell job made even tougher with your weird points and retorts. Maybe you’re dead on with your evaluation and coaches confirm that with him attending a camp. Even more likely you’re hot air pushing keys on a message board.

What part of opinion did you not understand? Come to Martin and watch a game with me this fall and then we can talk. I have been lurking on this board and previous boards for 20 years. I have never posted because people overreact to opinions. People believe these recruiting services are the end all be all. I have lived in Martin for over 20 years and in the county all my life . I know the family for Chad Clifton and Will Offenhuesle who both attended Westview and Played for Tennessee. West Tennessee football is not very strong and Simpson just doesn’t take his team to another level. The few good teams around beat the snot out of Westview, including single a state champ Lake Co..Look at Bailey’s tape and he makes everyone around him a better player and it’s against strong competition. Look if Simpson makes a great college quarterback I will take out a full page ad in the Martin Press saying he is the man. I feel confident I won’t have to.

What part of opinion did you not understand? Come to Martin and watch a game with me this fall and then we can talk. I have been lurking on this board and previous boards for 20 years. I have never posted because people overreact to opinions. People believe these recruiting services are the end all be all. I have lived in Martin for over 20 years and in the county all my life . I know the family for Chad Clifton and Will Offenhuesle who both attended Westview and Played for Tennessee. West Tennessee football is not very strong and Simpson just doesn’t take his team to another level. The few good teams around beat the snot out of Westview, including single a state champ Lake Co..Look at Bailey’s tape and he makes everyone around him a better player and it’s against strong competition. Look if Simpson makes a great college quarterback I will take out a full page ad in the Martin Press saying he is the man. I feel confident I won’t have to.
This isn’t a Bailey, Maurer or anybody vs Simpson subject. Object every class is get a talented QB because we’ll need one. I’m no fan of the services either and often deride some of their conclusions...or lack thereof. Also not a fan of the “I know what I’m talking about. If you don’t believe me...ask me!” message board style. You viewing previous VFL’s who turned out well has no bearing on this prospect. If you don’t trust these experienced coaches to make the right call on him...that’s cool. Just don’t get salty when we don’t buy your presentation. Somehow another poster stating the fact that several posters doubted Toto brought back a response of “you must not get out much.” Not much to work with there. Post less...we’ll manage. 😴

I have seen Ty play 5 or 6 games over the last couple of seasons. It’s a tough read because growing up here and knowing the talent pool. The level of competition isn’t what it is in GA or Fl. I think he is a team first guy and would be a great attribute to the program. His dad is a great man of faith and is a big believer in molding leaders on and off the field. I don’t think he is a day one starter or anything but I think when put with SEC caliber talent he can win you as many games as anyone. I am a nobody and this is my own personal opinion but I think Simpson is capable of playing the role of McCarron or McElroy during their college years.

I remember like 5 armchair scouts telling us they'd watched Henry Toots film and he "didn't stand out" and if he wasnt highly ranked they wouldnt have even noticed him 🙄

If anyone really said that they were morons. Henry T film was one of the easiest to see we didn’t have a LB like him on the team. Was a no brainer and all you needed to see was like 2 to 3 plays to know that

Jim will be there as long as he won't at Michigan 9 and 3 and third in the East is what Michigan is now, every now and then slip a 10 win season in and Jim's job is safe.

Assume he meant he could be in NFL. Harbaugh will get tired of college any day now

I have seen Ty play 5 or 6 games over the last couple of seasons. It’s a tough read because growing up here and knowing the talent pool. The level of competition isn’t what it is in GA or Fl. I think he is a team first guy and would be a great attribute to the program. His dad is a great man of faith and is a big believer in molding leaders on and off the field. I don’t think he is a day one starter or anything but I think when put with SEC caliber talent he can win you as many games as anyone. I am a nobody and this is my own personal opinion but I think Simpson is capable of playing the role of McCarron or McElroy during their college years.

So 3 BCS championships? WANT

Reactions: WestTnVFL971

VN Store

Back