'22 TN QB Ty Simpson

quadlee21

West Tennessee Legend
So by coming to see his son Jimbo will have a leg up in seeing Simpson? That's what you're meaning @quadlee21 ?
not exactly. Ty’s dad is the head coach at UTM. So some are saying you can get my son and I will get your son. Kinda deal. Also to your point yes I would think it will be a few bumps that other coaches may not get

volfaninpa

not exactly. Ty’s dad is the head coach at UTM. So some are saying you can get my son and I will get your son. Kinda deal. Also to your point yes I would think it will be a few bumps that other coaches may not get
Got ya. I didn't make the connection that his dad was Martin's head coach. Thanks.

I hope that this isn't the case. Jimbo isn't gonna win at A&M the way they will want and he might leave them in a similar roster shape like he did at FSU.

griddie

Got ya. I didn't make the connection that his dad was Martin's head coach. Thanks.

I hope that this isn't the case. Jimbo isn't gonna win at A&M the way they will want and he might leave them in a similar roster shape like he did at FSU.
There are rumblings there and it didn’t get any easier with Leech and Kiffin coming in

UTMVol76

Phil this!
By the time he’s a senior, the instate school will be looking quite attractive.

And don’t be fooled by some ish that used to be said on here: West Tennessee, especially rural West Tennessee was hardcore Big Orange Country back when I lived out there. I’m sure it still is.

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
Kid looks like a stud already. Watched him close and he placed the ball better than 90-95% of the HS QBs in-state. He reads quickly and make sure decisions. Will keep getting better with development but he looks GOOD for a young QB. You can tell his dad is a coach for sure. Arm is nice too.
There's a whole heap of busts of QBs coming out of high school coached by their fathers rather than the handful that do have success in college and beyond.

UTMVol76

Phil this!
Another Martin note: I just met a guy a few weeks ago who’s wife is a teacher and works with my girlfriend. As we were talking, we found out we both attended Martin a couple years apart. What cracked us both up was how similar our time was. Drinking at Cadillacs, fights in the parking lot, rinse and repeat lol. Not a lot to do there.

Jxn Vol

Another Martin note: I just met a guy a few weeks ago who’s wife is a teacher and works with my girlfriend. As we were talking, we found out we both attended Martin a couple years apart. What cracked us both up was how similar our time was. Drinking at Cadillacs, fights in the parking lot, rinse and repeat lol. Not a lot to do there.
Dots and Cadillacs. Been there done that back in the day.

JMSqb11

Yea, your right about that, I went there during the last couple years he was there, they were so bad that I even had a pwo from him. They were getting desperate.
I don’t think I ever went to one game in my 5.5 years there as a student on top of the fact Weakley County is where my parents and grandparents grew up

By the time he’s a senior, the instate school will be looking quite attractive.

And don’t be fooled by some ish that used to be said on here: West Tennessee, especially rural West Tennessee was hardcore Big Orange Country back when I lived out there. I’m sure it still is.
Rep er danm day out here mane

We can only hope so. Kid is gonna be really special.
This spring and lead up to the season will be interesting.

Who (QB) will leave? Anyone? How many might leave? If HB shows out, 2 transfer?

What do you do with this a QB in this class if this kid is the next "guy"?

We have to take at least one QB this year, or do we? Seemingly you always need to take at least one per cycle, but, if HB wins the job, plays well or very well, do you take a chance on skipping this year and getting maybe one guy who could help elsewhere on the field if this kid would commit? Risk it? Worth it?

benholt06

This spring and lead up to the season will be interesting.

Who (QB) will leave? Anyone? How many might leave? If HB shows out, 2 transfer?

What do you do with this a QB in this class if this kid is the next "guy"?

We have to take at least one QB this year, or do we? Seemingly you always need to take at least one per cycle, but, if HB wins the job, plays well or very well, do you take a chance on skipping this year and getting maybe one guy who could help elsewhere on the field if this kid would commit? Risk it? Worth it?
If JG remains the guy and it's clear he is, I think we have a good shot to hang on to Maurer.

If HB pushes and it looks like could pass JG, I think we could lose both he and Shrout.

I think the staff will take a QB this cycle but their eyes are on 2022 for the big prize.

VN Store

Sponsors