'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Ron posted a quote back in June that made it seem like Ty was afraid of competition. It may have been a slip of the tongue, but I thought it was off-putting to come from a QB. Especially a coaches son.
He wants to be THE QB of his class...that isn’t unique. He was watching the JT Daniels situation and acknowledging interest. That wasn’t being “afraid of competition” Bailey and Salter would do that if so.

It has nothing to do with Simpson and competition or physical attributes. I think Horn is a better prospect due to being a more complete QB.
I’ve seen little about Horn but heard good things. Care to elaborate on what you’ve seen that makes you feel that way?

Based on the limited things I've read and heard: I think that either Simpson or Horn will end up at Tennessee and the other one will end up at Clemson.

AP said on the most recent mailbag podcast that Simpson "may be the most important QB recruit since Peyton.." big words I know. He didn't elaborate much further, but I got the vibe that its because the coaches really love Simpson as a prospect and he is a major key to the instate haul.

I’ve seen little about Horn but heard good things. Care to elaborate on what you’ve seen that makes you feel that way?
He's big, strong, fairly mobile, and has a great release. I believe he's only played football for two years, and he's already decently polished. He's more mobile than HB, but has a lot of similar attributes.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
He's big, strong, fairly mobile, and has a great release. I believe he's only played football for two years, and he's already decently polished. He's more mobile than HB, but has a lot of similar attributes.
Thank you sir

Reactions: Joe Dirt
Question, is Ty really a Tennessee boy? How long has his Dad been the coach at UTM and where was he before anyone know? Funny thing is Horn may actually be the one who's the Tennessee boy considering family ties..

Question, is Ty really a Tennessee boy? How long has his Dad been the coach at UTM and where was he before anyone know? Funny thing is Horn may actually be the one who's the Tennessee boy considering family ties..

His dad has been the coach at UT Martin for 14 years so Id say he is a TN kid

Offer list disagrees with you
I think there is a possibility that the offer list issue is skewed in this case in the sense that Horn has only played 2 seasons of football and Simpson has had offers since the 8th grade and the benefit of exposure due to his father being a veteran CFB head coach. My guess is that those offers would have likely come rushing in for Horn had there been camps this summer. But you are right, their current offer lists are very different.

I think there is a possibility that the offer list issue is skewed in this case in the sense that Horn has only played 2 seasons of football and Simpson has had offers since the 8th grade and the benefit of exposure due to his father being a veteran CFB head coach. My guess is that those offers would have likely come rushing in for Horn had there been camps this summer. But you are right, their current offer lists are very different.
Thing about EXPOSURE? You can be EXPOSED. Lot of coaches kids out there get offers...at the mid-major or FCS level. Bama and Clemson ain’t offering off a camp attendance list...they love his film.

Concerned some of you are going to talk yourself into disappointment if we get one over the other. Kinda like last year's Bailey/King. Can't we just be excited we have Bailey, Salter and maybe a Simpson or Horn? I will be a fan of whichever one chooses orange.
If Horn ends up being the guy, I’ll be properly psyched. If he’s THE guy. Perfect analogy with the Bailey/King. Could’ve seen where we got neither by wanting both. The coaches aren’t weighted down by the message board fans concocting grievances against Simpson imo. They’ll play the long game and work towards landing their first choice...unburdened by “late” commitment deadlines or “afraid of competition” narratives. Coaches are never infallible but their wrong calls are of the educated wrong variety.

If Horn ends up being the guy, I’ll be properly psyched. If he’s THE guy. Perfect analogy with the Bailey/King. Could’ve seen where we got neither by wanting both. The coaches aren’t weighted down by the message board fans concocting grievances against Simpson imo. They’ll play the long game and work towards landing their first choice...unburdened by “late” commitment deadlines or “afraid of competition” narratives. Coaches are never infallible but their wrong calls are of the educated wrong variety.
True! Just bugs me when fans and analysts pick apart a recruit over every little thing and convince themselves that there's some great difference. All have strengths and weaknesses. Coaches usually see weaknesses as something that can be fixed or not.

VN Store

Back