'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

I just can't believe he's having this big announcement in heavy Big Orange Country choosing either Bama or Clemson. That would border on a huge troll. Why would he want to make enemies that he doesn't have to? I think he would just announced on Twitter or something.

Kid wants his moment. It be ok

I just can't believe he's having this big announcement in heavy Big Orange Country choosing either Bama or Clemson. That would border on a huge troll. Why would he want to make enemies that he doesn't have to? I think he would just announced on Twitter or something.

My thing is why didn’t he just eliminate us all together? Why not just focus solely on teams you really are serious about? Why keep talking so highly about conversations with Heupel and how much he could see playing here? Seems like he is indeed trolling us.

My thing is why didn’t he just eliminate us all together? Why not just focus solely on teams you really are serious about? Why keep talking so highly about conversations with Heupel and how much he could see playing here? Seems like he is indeed trolling us.

He’s not trolling he’s giving his feedback when people ask him questions about his recruitment. He prob really likes Tennessee. Also likes Clemson and Bama, just like he’s been saying the whole time

Ty just told 247 it is 50-50 Bama Clemson. We are 3rd

For the “last three weeks” Clemson had led for Martin (Tenn.) Westview 247Sports Composite five-star quarterback Ty Simpson, but two days out from his college decision, he tells 247Sports it’s “about 50-50” right now between the Tigers and Alabama.

Tennessee is the third program still in the picture.

This goes against everything we’ve heard so far. So not buying it at all

Austin not going to Martin is telling. I believe he is close to this recruitment. Learning to read circular talking helps when listening to AP.

Not gonna lie, I heard this on the podcast and it gave me pause. If he really believed Ty was committing to UT, he'd be there.
Well, I still hope Ty follows his heart to Rocky Top.

Edit: AP also said that Ty is following his "playbook" on how to announce and it be a surprise, so, maybe, AP not going is his way of helping Ty get the moment he wants when he chooses UT. Who knows, time will tell, Friday, excetera ....

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Not gonna lie, I heard this on the podcast and it gave me pause. If he really believed Ty was committing to UT, he'd be there.
Well, I still hope Ty follows his heart to Rocky Top.
He said in the latest podcast that plans could change at any moment. He may honestly not know.

Reactions: MarcoVol
He probably told everyone he was going to Bama just so he could get that 5th star. Thats why he really delayed his commitment date..

Bailey (5 star)
Salter (4 star)
Simpson? (5 star)

UT looking like QBU...AGAIN

He probably told everyone he was going to Bama just so he could get that 5th star. Thats why he really delayed his commitment date..

Bailey (5 star)
Salter (4 star)
Simpson? (5 star)

UT looking like QBU...AGAIN

Lol...we have NEVER been QBU. Peyton Manning is one of the best to ever play the game but outside of that our QBs have been mostly average the past few decades.

Either he's eliminating us a couple days early to soften the blow or he's setting up a historic vol recruiting moment. I'm as confident in the latter as I am in our current basketball team.

If he were smart to avoid backlash and knew he was going elsewhere he would be smart to let it be known now that we are out and not find out during announcement. Will lessen the blowback.

Reactions: barrylee
I don't expect this one to break our way. We will likely close with about 5 or 6 or the instate kids, doubt we pull anyone in the top 5. There's just too much to overcome in too short of a time.

this is just another example of where the program is. what will happen friday is exactly what happened to ole miss when Peyton announced he was coming here. ole miss was in basically the same spot then as we are now and it is hard to blame a high school player who thinks he has a shot at leading a team to the national championship and making the NFL for going to a program that will probably give him a shot at that over a team that has a decimated roster and is staring at spending the next couple years on both a bowl ban and self inflicted punishment due to poor decision making by people who probably never should have been in leadership positions over an athletic program. i told someone the other day when they asked me what i thought the record will be this year that there are so many things that this athletic department has to worry about fixing before the record even matters. until they fix the underlying problems, which will take a long time to do, things may never get better around here.

VN Store

Back