'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Until Shrout transfers, he’s a number. JG’s spot gets filled by Salter and Hill will end up on scholarship...he’s not going anywhere. That’s the information the young man has to consider whilst making HIS OWN life decision. We’re not hindered by anything in simply declaring him a coward.

I just re-read my post and nowhere did I assign a judgment or opinion on his thought process.

But lol at him trying to dictate how many QB’s we take if we want him. We have 4 other great QB’s in his same class on the hook as well, 3 of which are legacy guys.

I just re-read my post and nowhere did I assign a judgment or opinion on his thought process.

But lol at him trying to dictate how many QB’s we take if we want him. We have 4 other great QB’s in his same class on the hook as well, 3 of which are legacy guys.
I don’t see him DICTATING anything. He’s stating what his decision criteria will be based upon. You’re collateral damage with the “scared of competition” blabber being slathered around.

Doesn't have to say he's "afraid" but saying it wouldn't be smart to to to a place with a lot of QBs basically spells it out for him. A true competitor would see that as an opportunity to only get better.
Sounds like fan logic. WE decide what a true competitor is according to our own interests. This is my kid? I’m advising him to look at the total picture and his actions look on point.

I don’t see him DICTATING anything. He’s stating what his decision criteria will be based upon. You’re collateral damage with the “scared of competition” blabber being slathered around.

He’s clearly stating if VOLS take JT or another QB in his class then he won’t be VOLS. It’s in his own words in the story.

If JT is eligible immediately then he is absolutely a take no matter what Simpson has to say.

It would suck for the best Tennessee QB prospect in (?) to go somewhere else, but he isn’t exactly a program changing player. I think Salter is the better prospect anyways. Take Tee’s boy for depth and go all in for a ‘23 kid.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
It would suck for the best Tennessee QB prospect in (?) to go somewhere else, but he isn’t exactly a program changing player. I think Salter is the better prospect anyways. Take Tee’s boy for depth and go all in for a ‘23 kid.
Tees boy could possibly get drafted by MLB.

Reactions: Rishvol
I want this kid and I don't blame him at all for looking at depth charts. I understand you always have to compete for a spot but the quicker you get to play the more experience you get.If you're a good QB the extra experience can make a difference for the next level. I have been in the "don't want the transfer QB" from the beginning. We have a good stable of QB's after this class and would rather use the spot for another position.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
It seems weird to me that he would single out J.T. Daniels. Simpson is a Class of 2022 guy and more than likely even IF Daniels comes (and that's a huge IF with the one time transfer rule being denied) J.T. would likely have 1 year left at most when Simpson first gets to campus.

He isn't going to come in and start as a true freshmen anyway, so by the time he gets a real opportunity (3-4 years from now) Hill, JG, and Daniels will be for sure gone and I'd be willing to bet Shrout and Maurer are both gone too.

He’s clearly stating if VOLS take JT or another QB in his class then he won’t be VOLS. It’s in his own words in the story.

If JT is eligible immediately then he is absolutely a take no matter what Simpson has to say.
Type out his EXACT WORDS...not YOUR INTERPRETATION. Not reading the same thing. He’s CLEARLY STATING what his selection criteria is going to be based upon. It doesn’t always have to be an us vs them situation.

As far as Daniels? I agree. If the coaches want him, then they’ll take him. I doubt he even transfers unless that immediate eligibility is written in stone. He can grad transfer in a more clear air in another season or hell...maybe he regains the USC starting job. That’s if...he’s not...afraid of competition. 😎

It seems weird to me that he would single out J.T. Daniels. Simpson is a Class of 2022 guy and more than likely even IF Daniels comes (and that's a huge IF with the one time transfer rule being denied) J.T. would likely have 1 year left at most when Simpson first gets to campus.

He isn't going to come in and start as a true freshmen anyway, so by the time he gets a real opportunity (3-4 years from now) Hill, JG, and Daniels will be for sure gone and I'd be willing to bet Shrout and Maurer are both gone too.
Assuming he’s considered NFL ready even though he couldn’t beat out Slovis? Likely.

Read into what you want. That's not what he said. He said the QB room is already full, then if you bring in JT , it will be like 6-7 guys. It's not one particular guy, because he stated he'll have to compete wherever he goes. It's just that the QB room will be too full. Most schools have 4-5 max. Well be looking at JG, JT, BM, Salter, Hill, Shrout, and Bailey.

We won't be looking at JG. He's gone after this year regardless if he starts or not. Kasim Hill and Shrout will also likely be gone, as both are already going into their junior seasons. Though they technically still have 3 years remaining, it's unlikely they see any relevant playing time, especially if Daniels transfers in, so transferring out seems pretty likely for both. Daniels technically would have 3 years remaining, but he had the sort of pedigree where leaving early seems like a strong possibility. I'd imagine Maurer transfers out too if Daniels comes in. Best case scenario from the QBs we curently have in the fold, you're looking at Maurer, Bailey, and Salter in the QB room, and whoever we sign in the 2022 class. It's pretty likely to change in 2 years. I'm not sure why he thinks JT Daniels would be much of a factor to him in 2022.

We won't be looking at JG. He's gone after this year regardless if he starts or not. Kasim Hill and Shrout will also likely be gone, as both are already going into their junior seasons. Though they technically still have 3 years remaining, it's unlikely they see any relevant playing time, especially if Daniels transfers in, so transferring out seems pretty likely for both. Daniels technically would have 3 years remaining, but he had the sort of pedigree where leaving early seems like a strong possibility. I'd imagine Maurer transfers out too if Daniels comes in. Best case scenario from the QBs we curently have in the fold, you're looking at Maurer, Bailey, and Salter in the QB room, and whoever we sign in the 2022 class. It's pretty likely to change in 2 years. I'm not sure why he thinks JT Daniels would be much of a factor to him in 2022.
Hill’s already used his redshirt year and he walked on to get an opportunity to be part of the program. Doubt he runs off after Pruitt hand him a scholarship.

Hill’s already used his redshirt year and he walked on to get an opportunity to be part of the program. Doubt he runs off after Pruitt hand him a scholarship.

Maybe. But I doubt he factors much into anything in 2 years.

Assuming he’s considered NFL ready even though he couldn’t beat out Slovis? Likely.

I'm not assuming J.T. Daniels is NFL ready. I even mentioned in my post that Daniels at most will be here for 3 more years. He's already wasted a year of eligibility, potentially two depending on the medical redshirt if I'm not mistaken. Ty Simpson won't be on campus till Fall of of 2022, which is 3 years from now. My only point is that it's strange to worry about a guy who won't be here all that long once Ty gets to campus.

I'm not assuming J.T. Daniels is NFL ready. I even mentioned in my post that Daniels at most will be here for 3 more years. He's already wasted a year of eligibility, potentially two depending on the medical redshirt if I'm not mistaken. Ty Simpson won't be on campus till Fall of of 2022, which is 3 years from now. My only point is that it's strange to worry about a guy who won't be here all that long once Ty gets to campus.
He’s a redshirt sophomore. He has 3 years eligibility. You’re mistaken. Since his redshirt was due to medical reasons, he is eligible for yet another redshirt season IF he loses another to injury. Ty Simpson’s class will be here after two seasons.

Reactions: Devo182
He’s a redshirt sophomore. He has 3 years eligibility. You’re mistaken. Since his redshirt was due to medical reasons, he is eligible for yet another redshirt season IF he loses another to injury. Ty Simpson’s class will be here after two seasons.

Okay. So I was mistaken, although in my original post I did say that Simpson and Daniels would likely overlap by a year. I'm not going to assume that Daniels gets injured again. I'm not trying to argue semantics, my original point was only that it seems weird to be more concerned about J.T. Daniels (who hasn't even committed to us yet) and not Bailey and Salter, who are much more likely his direct competition.

VN Store

Back