'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

When playing good but not great Covington teams (Covington was 3rd in the district both years), Westview lost 101-7. There's not a D1 player on the Covington roster.

Simpson looks much better against 2A competition (as compared to 3A) but 2A in West TN is actually worse than 1A. Peabody and Lake County actually have good programs and would beat any of the 2A teams Westview has seen in the playoffs.
Lol... Im a Vol fan but you can't be serious. I live in Martin and have a son at Westview. I've watched Ty since 7th grade. He will tear it up wherever he goes. Trenton (Peabody) beat Westview by 2 on a last second game ending field goal. Them 2 teams would split od they played 10 times. Lake County wouldn't have a chance against Westview. Huntingdon is literally in the same district as Westview and lost by 19 to them. Huntingdon put a whooping on Peabody. Get out of here with that nonsense

I could care less what level they play at rather it’s Ty Simpson or Arch Manning. Everyone wants to point out how Ty Simpson is 2A but no one has an issue with Arch playing at the 2A level. Also let me remind folks that Trey Smith came from a 1A school. Also the school that Ty Simpson is currently is also produced Chad Clifton and Justin Harrell which both played at UT and was successful I believe. Let’s not forget about Patrick Willis which played at a small 1A school. Just because you play in 1A don’t mean you can’t be successful and If you play in 7A don’t mean you will be successful.
Trey Smith played at USJ. Far from a 1A school.

Reactions: volsofsteele
Ok it’s a 1A private school. I can remember when I was in high school that USJ was a 1A school. Then when they separated private and public schools to there own division that changed.
I played there as a 1A school (Old Hickory Academy) before I went to BGA.

Has he signed? or is he waiting for the mega Ford NIL deal and sign with UT Martin?

The same crap DE spews on here is the same crap he spews to recruits, their families and opposing ataffs. The attitude is too anti-UT. What NPA player has been even remotely positive about us? They'll send them a 1,000 miles away, but not to campus. When was the last time NPA brought kids to campus? Asking for a friend.

It's not something that I have knowledge of since I am in East Tennessee - but
I can say that they profile 3 kids in Ky uniforms on their home page so that's not great. If they have a bias against UT - that's not good for us - it's also not good for NPA or for the kids. His comment about the NFL db - should not even be relevant one or two staff's removed from when that db was going to school at UT.

CJH - just seems like a good guy on top of being a good coach - with a really good staff - he has changed the entire culture here - the first thing he did was make spring practice fun for the student athletes - so what happened here with Pruitt or Butch's staff - simply not relevant.
I know watching Daniel Hood Roofing and other UT athletes that have found success in the state and have built a "Brand" that a Tennessee kid that plays at Tennessee once they return to Nashville or Memphis is going to have a much stronger brand and much greater name recognition and have people want to hire them or work with them if their brand includes graduate of or played football at THE University of Tennessee vs, any other school.

If DE and NPA have a negative bias - they need to set that aside - it's a bad look on top of bad for their clients.
If DE has encouraged players to go to UT - would be great if he could drop a few names otherwise I am thinking -- mehh - No. If he did, I think we would have heard about it, but will let him weigh in if that is truly the case.
I can say that statistically - if they were being impartial - the UT roster should be littered with their clients.

Reactions: Exiled and sjt18
It's not something that I have knowledge of since I am in East Tennessee - but
I can say that they profile 3 kids in Ky uniforms on their home page so that's not great. If they have a bias against UT - that's not good for us - it's also not good for NPA or for the kids. His comment about the NFL db - should not even be relevant one or two staff's removed from when that db was going to school at UT.

CJH - just seems like a good guy on top of being a good coach - with a really good staff - he has changed the entire culture here - the first thing he did was make spring practice fun for the student athletes - so what happened here with Pruitt or Butch's staff - simply not relevant.
I know watching Daniel Hood Roofing and other UT athletes that have found success in the state and have built a "Brand" that a Tennessee kid that plays at Tennessee once they return to Nashville or Memphis is going to have a much stronger brand and much greater name recognition and have people want to hire them or work with them if their brand includes graduate of or played football at THE University of Tennessee vs, any other school.

If DE and NPA have a negative bias - they need to set that aside - it's a bad look on top of bad for their clients.
If DE has encouraged players to go to UT - would be great if he could drop a few names otherwise I am thinking -- mehh - No. If he did, I think we would have heard about it, but will let him weigh in if that is truly the case.
I can say that statistically - if they were being impartial - the UT roster should be littered with their clients.
I have not chosen to engage the guy much. But reading his "stuff"... I think you're being way too kind.

The new staff hopefully because they're better people but if not because UT can't afford any recruiting scandals right now has to be careful about dealing with shady recruits or their representatives.

My guess is that players weren't the only ones getting paid by Pruitt. I would definitely like to see Heupel beat that effort and win those talented mid-state players.

Let this thread die, please. Too many Vol signees to have this one constantly at the top!

It still erks me to see 2 of the top TN high school players snub UT. Hell, after this season, if you don't see the excitement in UT football, I don't think you would fit anyway. OK Bama is probably the # 1 team in the country, but if you are good as they say you are, you will get the attention from the pros at any P5 program in the country. If it were me, I would rather help my local team get to the top again (versus committing to our arch rival)...... rather than being just another 4/5 star on the bench for a year or 2, and hope Manning doesn't take your spot. I would like to say I wish you luck, but I'm not a very good liar. :cool:

Reactions: swampfoxfan
It still erks me to see 2 of the top TN high school players snub UT. Hell, after this season, if you don't see the excitement in UT football, I don't think you would fit anyway. OK Bama is probably the # 1 team in the country, but if you are good as they say you are, you will get the attention from the pros at any P5 program in the country. If it were me, I would rather help my local team get to the top again (versus committing to our arch rival)...... rather than being just another 4/5 star on the bench for a year or 2, and hope Manning doesn't take your spot. I would like to say I wish you luck, but I'm not a very good liar. :cool:
A lot of these kids may have only recently lived in TN. A lot of families are moving here right now because we are a fiscally responsible state with lots of opportunity. In these cases, I don’t think state pride comes into play.

Reactions: vettefool
A lot of these kids may have only recently lived in TN. A lot of families are moving here right now because we are a fiscally responsible state with lots of opportunity. In these cases, I don’t think state pride comes into play.
I wish they’d all get the hell out of here any house within 30 minutes of Nashville is outrageously expensive now

I wish they’d all get the hell out of here any house within 30 minutes of Nashville is outrageously expensive now
No doubt. I’m here in Chattanooga. People moving in are buying homes sight unseen and waiving home inspections and paying top dollar. It reeks of desperation.

VN Store

Back