'22 TN QB Tevin Carter (Memphis commit)

I think the tools are there. If I remember correctly, he played at a small school in Arkansas then transferred to a better school then got injured and missed last year.

You can't teach that size and arm strength. He's the perfect QB #2 in this class given his raw ability and pulling a QB from Memphis will do a lot for recruiting in that area.

That’s the thing, his arm doesn’t look very strong

This kid has been being evaluated for 3 years by SEC schools. He has talent. Is he as highly rated as some other possibilities by recruiting services? No....but that doesn't dictate future success. If we miss on our top 2 (or even if we get 1 of them), I have no problems with taking this kid if he wants to be a vol. Every year there are lower rated kids somewhere that beat out former 5 stars for QB1. There are too many factors that we as fans definitely can't determine to predict future success.

This kid has been being evaluated for 3 years by SEC schools. He has talent. Is he as highly rated as some other possibilities by recruiting services? No....but that doesn't dictate future success. If we miss on our top 2 (or even if we get 1 of them), I have no problems with taking this kid if he wants to be a vol. Every year there are lower rated kids somewhere that beat out former 5 stars for QB1. There are too many factors that we as fans definitely can't determine to predict future success.

Well Kiffin and Fisher wants him. That has to account for something.

Reactions: bigl3327
He was till Pruitt got bounced..Never was under our new stsff, which makes no sense when you compare Pruitt and Heupels offense.
This is a view that gets repeated a lot on here. And it is very logical on the surface. Why be ready to go to UT under Pruitt and his terrible offense (and no I don't think they were offering dad a job) but then not want to go to UT under the new much better offensive scheme?!?! I think that leaves out a piece of the puzzle that was likely very important in his decision...UT under Pruitt, when he was basically already committed, was not facing possible punishment from the NCAA. You got to imagine that uncertainty played a major role in his decision.

VN Store

Back