'22 TN QB Tevin Carter (Memphis commit)

While with Chris Morris yesterday, we hung out with 2022 quarterback Tevin Carter. The freshman threw for 24 touchdowns last year at Freedom Prep Academy, but like Morris, will play elsewhere next year. Carter, now 16, is 6-3, 230 pounds and adamant he’s a pocket-passer. He named Peyton Manning as one of his favorite QBs, along with recent NFL MVP Patrick Maholmes. Carter has recent offers from FSU, Auburn and LSU, with Tennessee and others already in the mix. He will make the trip east with Morris next weekend to get a chance to meet Chris Weinke and Jim Chaney for the first time.

-VQ

Tagging along with Morris this weekend will be 2022 quarterback Tevin Carter. We had the video with him this week. He’s in the infancy stages of his recruitment but he’s a very aware prospect and he’s eager to meet and sit down with new OC Jim Chaney and QB coach Chris Weinke.
-VQ

Reactions: EdEcEko77
I generally get height and weight from HUDL especially on younger guys. I keep a spreadsheet on older guys and update them when they check in from the Opening or UA camps. His hudl list him at 6’3 205lbs. 247 also does

You're right... I just checked his 247 and Rivals. They listed a weight similar to yours. It was the recent VQ article that said he was 230.

The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Carter said he already has “been up to Tennessee probably, like, five or six times,” and he admitted the Vols are in his early “top three” among the 11 teams pursuing him, along with Texas A&M and Florida State. “It was pretty cool,” Carter said of his first visit to Tennessee this year. “That was my first time meeting Jim Chaney,” he added, referring to the Vols’ first-year offensive coordinator. “He’s a pretty cool guy. Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, of course, he kept it real with us. And (running backs) coach David Johnson, he’s always cool.”

Carter, who recently joined Morris and others in announcing that he’s transferring to Memphis Central High School going into his sophomore season, said he didn’t need to learn much about Tennessee during his weekend trip to Knoxville after visiting the Vols a few times before, including at least twice last year. But there was at least one new thing Tennessee showed him over the weekend while he was there. “I’ve been up to Tennessee probably, like, five or six times,” Carter said. “There wasn’t too much that I didn’t already see, except for the locker room — the one in the complex. The weight room is still pretty cool.”

“(They said) just to remain humble through the process and all that and keep developing my game,” Carter said Sunday during National Playmakers Academy’s Tennessee Exposure Camp at Murfreesboro’s Siegel High School. “(Pruitt) was like, I’m a top guy and they really want me to start coming up there more often.” Carter said Chaney, who returned to Tennessee in January after spending the past three years at Georgia, made a good impression on him. “He was kind of playful,” Carter said. “But next time I go up there, I’m going to try to talk about some offense with him.”

In addition to meeting with Tennessee’s coaches, he said he “really just hung out with Jeremy Banks,” a fellow Memphis-area native who’s a rising sophomore running back for the Vols. “He was telling us it’s a great program to be in, and it’s just a great spot to be at,” Carter said, recalling his conversation with Banks. “He says how the fans love it and how they practice. He talked about the practice and all that.” Carter said he’s high on Tennessee for multiple reasons, and he “probably” will visit the Vols again “around July.”

“Just like what Jeremy said, I like the fans. I really like the coaches,” Carter said. “(Being) in-state has nothing to do with it. I just like the program. I’ve been liking Tennessee since I was … ,” he said, holding his hand near his waist to reflect how tall he was when he was younger.

VN Store

Back