‘23 TN QB Marcel Reed (Texas A&M commit)

Blake1136717: How good is marcel reed in the 23 class?

Ryan Callahan: I think he's pretty good, and he has a chance to be really good. He's a talented kid, for sure, and has a lot of upside. I know Georgia is really high on him, and he's the only in-state QB the Vols' new staff has offered to this point in what's shaping up to be a strong class of in-state QBs. The previous UT staff also offered Kenny Minchey of Pope John Paul II High School in Hendersonville and Braylen Ragland of White Station High School in Memphis, but this staff has set its sights on Reed to this point among the in-state 2023 QBs, so I think Tennessee is pretty high on Reed.

He's a coach's son, a good athlete and still a fairly young kid for his grade, so there's a lot to like about him as a prospect.

You know when your single and your friend has a friend who’s single and you ask what she’s like and they immediately say she’s “nice”

That’s what I get from Callahans remarks.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not really impressed. Would much rather have the 5⭐️ from Detroit that goes to Tim Banks HS. Or even that QB from Kansas we offered about a month ago

Not really impressed. Would much rather have the 5⭐️ from Detroit that goes to Tim Banks HS. Or even that QB from Kansas we offered about a month ago
Gotta be impressed with anyone with that talent.......

I think Tennessee’s staff likes Reed quite a bit — he had a good showing at the Vols’ Night at Neyland Camp back in June — but I wouldn’t say he’s the No. 1 quarterback on the Vols’ board right now. He’s definitely in play, though. The bigger issue for Tennessee with Reed might be where the Vols stand with him. It’s still early in that one, but I think they’re probably chasing at least a couple of other teams for Reed at the moment. But they’re in the hunt.
callahan

“It was pretty fun,” Reed said Friday night after leading his MBA team to a 38-28 win at Chattanooga’s Baylor School. “It was a real great atmosphere. … And it was pretty cool to be there, and I had a really good view from behind the end zone. Great game to watch.

“I mean, I loved the fans, too. After all that happened, it just shows how much they support Tennessee,” he added, referring to fans throwing objects onto the field during the final minute of last week’s game.

“We haven’t really seen Tennessee as a decent football team in the past couple years. But it seems like they’re coming along, and I feel like in the next couple years they’re going to be pretty good.”

“Their offense is pretty good,” he said. “I like their offense. I like how their receivers find green grass. When I went up there the first time this summer, they talked about how their team just runs multiple plays out of the same formation. That shows how good their offense is and how quick they can run their offense.

“Their pace is amazing. I love watching that.”
callahan

VN Store

Back