'22 TN QB Kaden Martin (Legacy)

Watch his video on Trey's Twitter feed. He did want to play for Tony V but the FB staff didnt' talk to him at all so he went Miami because Diaz is.

whooooooooooooo caressssssssssssss
optics, he IS a legacy. wish him well. move on.

its inconsequential in long run. but to me this one looks worse right now...than losing Simpson. He's IN Knoxville and his Dad, has a street named after him. LOL, this program is a train wreck right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: de1conley

its inconsequential in long run. but to me this one looks worse right now...than losing Simpson. He's IN Knoxville and his Dad, has a street named after him. LOL, this program is a train wreck right now.
If Heupel went after him and got him to sign, then he went pro in baseball instead of enrolling at UT, we would’ve burned up one of our 25 spots for nothing. Maybe you take that risk if he’s an elite football prospect but IMO he isn’t. With all the players we just lost to transferring, we need everyone we sign to actually make it to campus.

The program is a train wreck right now and I agree that not getting his commitment is inconsequential in the long run. But "losing" a kid that the staff didn't want doesn't matter, no matter who his father is. Optics may be bad, but you don't take a legacy just for optics. Just like you shouldn't have VFLs on the staff just because they are VFLs. The program has horrible optics anyway and will continue to. Losing a 5* instate QB to someone who is supposedly your rival is much worse for optics than losing a legacy who the staff didn't want imo. I haven't seen much on Twitter mocking TN over this kid going elsewhere, it was everywhere when Simpson chose Alabama.

He would count against football and he is not that good of a QB. Would like to see him play baseball at UT but no loss for football, in fact we need the position for better players.

Late to the party here, but he looks exactly like his old man. Wow.

VN Store

Back