'25 TN QB George MacIntyre (Tennessee commit)

Yeah we should’ve turned down Nico for Marcel Reed!
Exactly. Getting the best player in your state is a goal you have when you can't even get good players in other states. And we have been there in recent history, but we aren't there now.

I don't care where the players come from. I care that they're the right players.

Bama writers hinting he, Antwann Hill, and KJ Lacey are working out for Saban in June & he is going to offer/push for a commitment from one of them at their cookout in July. GMAC scheduled to be at the cookout as of now.

Reactions: LittleVol
Bama writers hinting he, Antwann Hill, and KJ Lacey are working out for Saban in June & he is going to offer/push for a commitment from one of them at their cookout in July. GMAC scheduled to be at the cookout as of now.
Back to the reality show competition that netted them David Cornwell. 😴

On the record wanting Deuce in that class and let him be the guy. Still feel Clemson lands this kid.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
From Rivals:

Alabama and LSU are the two programs showing the most early involvement with the 2025 four-star quarterback from Brentwood (Tenn.) Brentwood Academy and it sounds like the majority of MacIntyre’s interest is in those two schools right now.

Tennessee is another one to watch clearly and then he’s a Vanderbilt legacy since his grandfather coached there but it would be a long shot at this point to see him end up there

It's looking more and more like Deuce Knight will be our QB for the '25 class. I like that because it's the most likely scenario of us signing 2 QBs in 25. I also believe he's the QB with the most raw talent and upside in that class. Imagine a QB room with Nico, Merk, 2Knight, and Madden.

Last edited:
Jake Merklinger may be hard to beat for anybody from the way he looks and sounds. From the interviews I have heard him do that kid sounds extremely confident in his ability and seem to have a great mindset in his approach in coming to Tennessee not to mention he is going to be the guy with a step up so it could start getting very interesting after Nico leaves.

Call me crazy, but I’m just not buying that we are option 1 for GMAC right now. I know what AP thinks, but the Bama insiders (who are very good despite what we think about Bama) truly believe this is a Bama/LSU race with Clemson looking to make a move. Now maybe things change and we turn up the heat after his upcoming visit, but just too many people discounting UT at the moment.

With that being said…watch him commit to UT by July 4 and I’ll eat my plate of crow 😂

Jake Merklinger may be hard to beat for anybody from the way he looks and sounds. From the interviews I have heard him do that kid sounds extremely confident in his ability and seem to have a great mindset in his approach in coming to Tennessee not to mention he is going to be the guy with a step up so it could start getting very interesting after Nico leaves.

I'd say he gives Nico a helluva run to be our starting QB.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I'd say he gives Nico a helluva run to be our starting QB.
Nico is considered a generational talent at the QB position. When you take his natural gifts, maturity, demeanor, and work ethic.... then combine it with Heupel's acumen for developing QBs (now with the assistance of Halzle AND McKenzie Milton) It's hard to imagine someone surpassing Nico for QB1.

VN Store

Back