'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

Sorry my phone screwed up. Regarding him visiting KY, To be honest I’m not sure. According to the guy I am here with the row he is sitting in is one of the donor/staff rows designated for Tennessee. But he could be totally wrong for all I know

Well, if he's sitting in a TN section....

Sorry my phone screwed up. Regarding him visiting KY, To be honest I’m not sure. According to the guy I am here with the row he is sitting in is one of the donor/staff rows designated for Tennessee. But he could be totally wrong for all I know
So I take it as he is committed (privately) 🤔😎

No cell service in Kentucky

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that he projects at guard. Our staff is recruiting him for the dline.

I've heard they're recruiting him for DL, I just wonder whether they're wanting to take weight off him and play him as a 4-5 technique end or as a 3 technique tackle. His pad level is awfully high off the ball, but that's correctable. He doesn't have the speed or bend to play off the edge. Not saying he can't play there but just based on what I've seen he'd come in more ready as an OL and would take a little more development on D.

But when I look at how Briarcrest uses him, they pull him quite a bit from the LT spot, he moves pretty well out in space and he's got powerful hands. In my humble opinion he looks like an SEC guard to me.

Reactions: LittleVol
I've heard they're recruiting him for DL, I just wonder whether they're wanting to take weight off him and play him as a 4-5 technique end or as a 3 technique tackle. His pad level is awfully high off the ball, but that's correctable. He doesn't have the speed or bend to play off the edge. Not saying he can't play there but just based on what I've seen he'd come in more ready as an OL and would take a little more development on D.

But when I look at how Briarcrest uses him, they pull him quite a bit from the LT spot, he moves pretty well out in space and he's got powerful hands. In my humble opinion he looks like an SEC guard to me.
B0110011-C67D-43BA-BCB8-DDD1D4976894.png

I think Tennessee's best bets of landing some big-time defensive linemen probably are a couple of in-state guys, Jay Hardy of Chattanooga and Omari Thomas of the Memphis area. Thomas is a two-way lineman, so he could play on either side of the ball, but the Vols have been recruiting him as a defensive lineman, and I think both of those guys are very much in play for Tennessee. They've cast a wide net on the defensive line, though, so those are hardly the only realistic options. Perrion Winfrey of Iowa Western Community College is a juco defensive lineman they've offered, too.

Callahan

VN Store

Back