'20 TN DT Omari Thomas (UT SIGNEE)

From Galilee on VQ...

Vols made a positive move with visit. I always saw him as an OL, but many see him on the DL. He truly like this coaching staff and his dad is now impressed. Still a long way to go an Ole Miss was in on him early. Success on the field can push Vols to top.

Since I retired from school system I have not kept up with all the young football talent in Memphis.Tevin Carter, a 2022 quarterback and 2021 defensive end Renard Guinn are big time players that the former staff was not really involved. Was told this staff came to school and asked for both to come with CM on visit. Former staff slow played Ryshad Williams(signed with UCLA) and now this staff must catch up for Bryson Eason at Whitehaven. Coaches are very impressed with the work and effort by this staff.

The 6-foot-4.5, 301-pound Thomas, who visited the Vols in April for the first time, said he told Tennessee’s coaches while he was on campus “that they stand pretty high on my list.”

He said they’re one of several teams that are “up there” in his mind, and he’s planning to return to the Vols at least one more time this year.
Callahan

Visiting this weekend...

OL/DL Omari Thomas

Thomas, a four-star Class of 2020 prospect from Briarcrest Christian School in Eads, Tenn., has been to Tennessee twice this year, and he finally will get to attend his first game at Neyland Stadium on Saturday. Thomas is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 2 player from Tennessee in the 2020 class and a top-50 prospect nationally, and he already appears to be a high priority for the Vols. Ole Miss, Ohio State, Oklahoma, LSU and Georgia are among the other early contenders for Thomas, who is being recruited by Tennessee as a defensive lineman but is viewed by many teams as a likely offensive lineman. The lone prediction on the 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Ole Miss as the early favorite, but the Vols are one of the teams that have caught his attention.

-Callahan

Thomas saw his first game in Neyland a couple weeks ago...

“I would say it lived up to the hype, if not better,” said Thomas, who’s ranked the No. 138 overall prospect and No. 20 offensive tackle in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class. “To be honest with you, I liked the atmosphere — the atmosphere of the game, the fans. All the fans, regardless of the score, how they were still supporting their team no matter what, that just shows a lot. If you base that off of, like, if people are winning and how they’re doing when they’re winning, I think it’ll be real nice.”

“It was cool,” he said. “It’s just being able to experience my first game, get a chance to see the fans and stuff. I’m not really too sure anybody expected it to be kind of a close game, but I did see bits and pieces of Coach Pruitt and the coaching staff, a positive side of what they were doing. I can say that. “I just saw spurts of the team and what I think they can and what they can’t do. But I saw a lot of good things, if I’m being honest with you. It was pretty positive. Everything was pretty positive to me.

While most teams are recruiting Thomas as an offensive lineman, Tennessee is one of multiple teams that primarily have talked with him about playing him on the defensive line. Johnson spoke at length with Thomas after the game, and he said the Vols’ entire staff “showed me attention, made me feel important.”

“He didn’t really talk about the game as much, because he said he just believes in playing the next play and moving on,” Thomas said of Johnson. “He said nobody expected them to do something big that day. But he said that everybody’s going to continue to not expect them to do something big, but when they do, they’re going to be on the radar. “And he just sold that to me, saying, why not come and help them get on the radar? Because he was saying how he has a good recruiting class coming in and how Coach Pruitt isn’t playing with his players that he recruited. So just by him saying that, it’ll be interesting to see how they do with the recruits that come in.”

In terms of 2020 OL, would watch Thomas, Curry, Henderson, Mays. - Simonton

tenor.gif

This kid might be my #1 want in the 2020 class. Whether he plays offense or defense, we need studs on the LOS.

VN Store

Back