'22 TN OT Jacob Hood

I mean, sure he tossed the kid at the end but the defender still disrupted the passer. Unless we think the QB could throw the ball with Hoods back in his face.

😤😤

Also, Tennessee is barely recruiting Hood at this point.

Reactions: VolByLaw
I mean, sure he tossed the kid at the end but the defender still disrupted the passer. Unless we think the QB could throw the ball with Hoods back in his face.

😤😤

Isn’t the point to not give up that much ground? The kid he went against is tiny comparative and still made it to the bag.

Isn’t the point to not give up that much ground? The kid he went against is tiny comparative and still made it to the bag.
Not to mention the guard and center to his left in a real game would be backing up somewhat, along with 2 defenders.

That space to the rushers right would have been unavailable most likely

Don’t want to sound like sour grapes but this staff and this system will require a totally different type of OL. No point in signing a guy this big if he can’t get to the LOS in time to run the next play.

Reactions: EdEcEko77

😤😤

No the object of the drill is to not allow the defender to the dummy that represents the qb. Its not pass set or run blk. So if you don't understand something ask vs making a statement in which you don't understand what's going on. He has qualified to go to the National Bigman Challenge because he has not lost 1 single rep.

No the object of the drill is to not allow the defender to the dummy that represents the qb. Its not pass set or run blk.

Do you understand that the (much smaller) defender driving 6'8" 350lb Jacob Hood directly in front of the simulated QB would cause problems for a QB?

I mean.... in your goofy camp drill, Hood "technically" might have won. But in a really for real football game, the QB is disrupted and driven off his spot.

So if you don't understand something ask vs making a statement in which you don't understand what's going on. He has qualified to go to the National Bigman Challenge because he has not lost 1 single re.

What kind of haircut you gonna give him for that event?

Do you understand that the (much smaller) defender driving 6'8" 350lb Jacob Hood directly in front of the simulated QB would cause problems for a QB?

I mean.... in your goofy camp drill, Hood "technically" might have won. But in a really for real football game, the QB is disrupted and driven off his spot.

#1 clown it's not my drill or camp. #2 they do the exact same drill at every camp in America. #3 it's not a set it was Hood vs a very good DE from GA. In real life if the DE slants inside he's whooped by the G and OT. So keep drawing your conclusions and I'll kp making and molding top tier recruits.

Nice finish. Nice to see him move his feet for a huge man. Any ideas where he is a lean? Also, who was the rusher if ya know? He had some opportunities in this rep.

The rusher was a kid from GA who had some good offers his name I don't recall. But it was the match-up of the day everyone was looking fwd to.

#1 clown it's not my drill or camp. #2 they do the exact same drill at every camp in America. #3 it's not a set it was Hood vs a very good DE from GA. In real life if the DE slants inside he's whooped by the G and OT.

By your own admission, Hood would’ve needed the guards help to keep the DE off the QB.

Sounds like the DE “won” that round. 😤😤

So keep drawing your conclusions and I'll kp trying to make money off of top tier recruits.

Fixed your post. 😉

This kid’s better, but if the new staff really wasn’t into Gooch I can see why they’re not chasing.

The rusher was a kid from GA who had some good offers his name I don't recall. But it was the match-up of the day everyone was looking fwd to.
I haven't been to a high level camp a long time 15+ years. Do they still do the lane rushing drills where the rusher is restricted to a specific area? I used to love those as an OL.

He didn't drive him anywhere. Once the two engaged, they want laterally to Hood's left.
Also, that's why QB's are taught to step up in the pocket. Good rep by Hood, doesn't matter if UT is recruiting him or not, he'll get a full size somewhere.

He didn't drive him anywhere. Once the two engaged, they want laterally to Hood's left.
Also, that's why QB's are taught to step up in the pocket. Good rep by Hood, doesn't matter if UT is recruiting him or not, he'll get a full size somewhere.
One thing for sure, his is big. It is yet to be determined how good he is or how good he can become.

VN Store

Back