'22 TN OT Jacob Hood

Pass. Give me more agile linemen
I don't believe we're actually in any shape to be to choosey, if they can play ball any at all and have any potential and want to be here..............you let em sign and put the pressure on the coaches to develop and use them as best as possible in the scheme or you change the scheme to fit the player!

Big equals the assumption that he is not agile. Or did you actually evaluate his film and determine that he is not agile? Not that anyone make lazy takes like that.

You’re right. I haven’t seen any film or know anything about the kid. It’s just a personal preference to have smaller O linemen but if he wants to be a VOL you take him.

You’re right. I haven’t seen any film or know anything about the kid. It’s just a personal preference to have smaller O linemen but if he wants to be a VOL you take him.

Well yer dumb for not watching his film but you are 100% correct. He fat, lazy, can’t move his feet, no bend and can barley get in his stance. Whoever rated this guy a 4 star is full of beans. Please, no, this kid is not good and we better be choosey as hell because we ain’t getting back with giant misses like this guy. Would be a massive miss by this staff...we have better looking lineman in state and could fill out a roster with them and not this type of bust. Mark it down, he’s a Memphis, wku, mtsu level take and will be a bust there too. No thank you.

Well yer dumb for not watching his film but you are 100% correct. He fat, lazy, can’t move his feet, no bend and can barley get in his stance. Whoever rated this guy a 4 star is full of beans. Please, no, this kid is not good and we better be choosey as hell because we ain’t getting back with giant misses like this guy. Would be a massive miss by this staff...we have better looking lineman in state and could fill out a roster with them and not this type of bust. Mark it down, he’s a Memphis, wku, mtsu level take and will be a bust there too. No thank you.
Dude. He's a kid. You can do a critique without bashing a kid. I haven't watched his film so I'm not going to speak to that but I get tired of people using hurtful language when describing teenagers. Families do read these boards. Kids read these boards. Think before you post.

You're a poster on a message board and our coaching staff are paid professionals. I have no idea if they want this kid or not, but if they do, guess whose opinion I'm gonna go with?

You're a poster on a message board and our coaching staff are paid professionals. I have no idea if they want this kid or not, but if they do, guess whose opinion I'm gonna go with?

In the other posters defense he is right on his evaluation.

There’s a reason he is the last kid to get into a stance every time. There’s a reason he has to “throw” kids half his size and it’s because he can’t get in front of them he is so slow.

Would be a terrible OL for Huepel’s offense. Wouldn’t be able to pull or get to the huddle after a play.

FF564F14-F4C2-4577-94C9-4BBDA39AA4CB.gif

In the other posters defense he is right on his evaluation.

There’s a reason he is the last kid to get into a stance every time. There’s a reason he has to “throw” kids half his size and it’s because he can’t get in front of them he is so slow.

Would be a terrible OL for Huepel’s offense. Wouldn’t be able to pull or get to the huddle after a play.
If that's the case, then I trust our coaches will see that. Like I said, they're paid professionals.

How do you know they want him? Have you seen the type of guys they have offered along the line? Do you have any clue at what you’re seeing on film or are you a clueless clown? Guess what I’m going with?

How do you know they want him? Have you seen the type of guys they have offered along the line? Do you have any clue at what you’re seeing on film or are you a clueless clown? Guess what I’m going with?
I'm going with you obviously lack reading comprehension skills since I said IF our coaches want him.

Reactions: Smokeytom
94DD337E-4FC4-4D53-BFCD-2F09F54CCC3F.gif

I'd say my main skepticism just comes from him about to be a 5th year senior and he was hardly rated at all as a 2021 kid...just makes you wonder if he's grading out so much higher now out of age/experience advantage in hs.

Anyway, just some devil's advocating.

I'd say my main skepticism just comes from him about to be a 5th year senior and he was hardly rated at all as a 2021 kid...just makes you wonder if he's grading out so much higher now out of age/experience advantage in hs.

Anyway, just some devil's advocating.
That was why he reclassified, he wanted to shed bad weight and work on grades, said he was still within age limit. Now doing all that his stock increased.

Reactions: LittleVol
I saw him play last year and he is a project for sure but he moves better than you may think.

I saw him play last year and he is a project for sure but he moves better than you may think.
If you see something you can work with you don't pass up a kid with this type of natural size. If he has a decent work ethic and is coachable, then you take him. Two years in the nutition, strength and conditioning program, and he may be a beast.

VN Store

Back