'22 TN OT Jacob Hood

Hood, a Class of 2022 offensive lineman from Hillsboro High School in Nashville, Tenn., said Heupel reached out to him on Friday, just two days after Heupel was hired to replace Pruitt. Hood told GoVols247 that he has talked with Heupel multiple times over the past week, and he likes what he has heard so far from Heupel.

"He liked everything about me and what I can bring to a college-level team," Hood said, recalling the message Heupel has conveyed during their first conversations.

The 6-foot-8, 342-pound Hood said he talked on the phone with Heupel on Friday, and the two have exchanged messages at least a couple of times since then. Hood said they're "just building a connection."

"We've been (on the phone) once, but we have texted for a couple days now," said Hood, who's ranked the No. 370 overall prospect and No. 38 offensive tackle in the 2022 class and the No. 15 player in his class from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Hood has received offers from at least 15 schools, including Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Baylor. Virginia Tech, Mississippi State and LSU all have extended offers to him within the past month.

After reclassifying to the 2022 class last year going into the 2020 season, Hood picked up an offer from Tennessee in June, just a week after Ole Miss gave him his first SEC offer. He also landed early offers from Texas A&M and Eastern Kentucky before the Vols became the third SEC program and fourth team overall to join the race for him.

Shortly after Hood learned of Heupel's hiring, he told GoVols247 last week that he was "very curious about what (Heupel) will do for Tennessee and what changes he might make." So far, Heupel seems to have made a good impression on Hood.

"Coach Heupel was very easy to talk to, and he seems like he really care about his players," Hood said. "I’m very curious about how the coaching changes will impact Tennessee this season."

Despite Tennessee's recent coaching change, Hood said the Vols are still one of several teams recruiting him hardest, along with Georgia, LSU, Kentucky, Georgia Tech and Baylor.

Hood has been to Tennessee's campus once before, to attend one of the Vols’ home games in 2019.

“The stadium really caught my attention,” he said in August. “The crowd, it felt different out there. It was hype. I felt like, ‘This is where I might want to play at.’ The crowd really gave me that type of feeling.”

Hood, a Class of 2022 offensive lineman from Hillsboro High School in Nashville, Tenn., said Heupel reached out to him on Friday, just two days after Heupel was hired to replace Pruitt. Hood told GoVols247 that he has talked with Heupel multiple times over the past week, and he likes what he has heard so far from Heupel.

"He liked everything about me and what I can bring to a college-level team," Hood said, recalling the message Heupel has conveyed during their first conversations.

The 6-foot-8, 342-pound Hood said he talked on the phone with Heupel on Friday, and the two have exchanged messages at least a couple of times since then. Hood said they're "just building a connection."

"We've been (on the phone) once, but we have texted for a couple days now," said Hood, who's ranked the No. 370 overall prospect and No. 38 offensive tackle in the 2022 class and the No. 15 player in his class from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Hood has received offers from at least 15 schools, including Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Baylor. Virginia Tech, Mississippi State and LSU all have extended offers to him within the past month.

After reclassifying to the 2022 class last year going into the 2020 season, Hood picked up an offer from Tennessee in June, just a week after Ole Miss gave him his first SEC offer. He also landed early offers from Texas A&M and Eastern Kentucky before the Vols became the third SEC program and fourth team overall to join the race for him.

Shortly after Hood learned of Heupel's hiring, he told GoVols247 last week that he was "very curious about what (Heupel) will do for Tennessee and what changes he might make." So far, Heupel seems to have made a good impression on Hood.

"Coach Heupel was very easy to talk to, and he seems like he really care about his players," Hood said. "I’m very curious about how the coaching changes will impact Tennessee this season."

Despite Tennessee's recent coaching change, Hood said the Vols are still one of several teams recruiting him hardest, along with Georgia, LSU, Kentucky, Georgia Tech and Baylor.

Hood has been to Tennessee's campus once before, to attend one of the Vols’ home games in 2019.

“The stadium really caught my attention,” he said in August. “The crowd, it felt different out there. It was hype. I felt like, ‘This is where I might want to play at.’ The crowd really gave me that type of feeling.”

6'8 350...
Some of you were going on about 285 OL in our near future because of Heupel.

I hope this puts that notion to rest.

BuT hEuPeL oNly TaKeS sMaLl LiNeMeN.

hillsboro's been good for vols

first football game Dad took me two was Hillsboro vs MBA

Nashville (Tenn.) Hillsborough four-star offensive tackle

Jacob Hood
has picked up around 20 offers. Schools like Arizona State, Baylor, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kansas, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia Tech are on that list.

Half a dozen schools have moved to the top for the 6-foot-8, 350 pound junior.

"LSU, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Kentucky and Baylor are my top schools," said Hood. "This list could still change, and it likely will eventually change, but right now, I feel like these schools are the best fits for my skills and my potential."

BAYLOR: "Outside of the old staff at Tennessee, this is the coaching staff I have talked to most and bonded with the longest. I have talked to almost the whole staff and I like what they are about."

GEORGIA: "A lot of my family enjoy watching Georgia, so I grew up watching them, and they have a very good program. They always have good offensive linemen too."

GEORGIA TECH: "The academics at Georgia Tech is something I like a lot. I have watched them play some, and they are a good team coming up and I like offensive line coach Brent Key."

KENTUCKY: "Kentucky's new offensive line coach is coach Wolford from South Carolina, and we have been talking for a while. He was recruiting me at South Carolina, so we have a great bond, and I am looking at Kentucky more since he is there."

LSU: "I definitely like coach O (Ed Orgeron) a lot. We have been talking and he seems like a coach that really cares about his players. He is a very inspirational guy too."

TENNESSEE: "Tennessee has been with me throughout this whole recruiting process. The connection started off with Jeremy Pruitt and Tee Martin and now I’m starting to build a new connection with coach Josh Heupel. Tennessee has always been my home, so being able to stay and play in a environment I’m used to would be great."

"I need to get out, see the coaches in person, talk to them face-to-face and get a feel for the environments at the different schools," said Hood. "I can't wait to get out. The visits are so important, so I am hoping to get out soon."
-Chad Simmons

VN Store

Back