'22 TN OT Jacob Hood

KPT_VFL

Does not fit the new scheme. No point in just bringing in talent if they don't fit. I mean look at Butch Jones's DL. Had 5 stars Shy Tuttle and Khalil McKenzie. I know they had injuries but they did not fit the schemes and suffered from it. Shy went undrafted but is the starting nose tackle for the Saints. All about who fits your scheme. Can not develop someone in a scheme that is not built for them. Also worth mentioning that we are in the race for at least 3-4 OT ranked higher than him.
Funny how so many kids “do not fit the scheme” yet go on to be studs elsewhere. It shouldn’t be overthought. If the kid is good the kid is good.

volbeast33

You can count on Carlos!
Funny how so many kids “do not fit the scheme” yet go on to be studs elsewhere. It shouldn’t be overthought. If the kid is good the kid is good.
That’s not entirely true..... kids may not be studs if they don’t fit the scheme..... it’s entirely different being a qb but Troy Aikman was not a fit at Oklahoma but a stud at UCLA....when the Steelers started running the 3-4 zone blitz.....they found several guys on the trash heap of other teams that they brought over that turned out to be starters with the Steelers.

butchna

Sit down and tell me all about it...way over there
If you can get an instate walk on that can pay his own way with minimal or no tuition, wants to be a Vol, has the talent to be an SEC lineman, AND saves you a scholarship, you should be very happy you got him.
Dayne is on scholarship.

GeneralsHuntBears

Some people just can’t be satisfied. That statement goes beyond this one recruit. They come here bawling anytime we accept a three star commitment, but they also come here whining when we’re not throwing everything except the kitchen sink at another three star recruit. This kid could be the next Orlando Brown, the next Charles Mosley, or he could be somewhere in between. Literally no one knows. I’m just going to sit back and see how this staff’s evaluations work out, and I’m not going to act like a spoiled child either way.

BlinghamptonVol

Does not fit the new scheme. No point in just bringing in talent if they don't fit. I mean look at Butch Jones's DL. Had 5 stars Shy Tuttle and Khalil McKenzie. I know they had injuries but they did not fit the schemes and suffered from it. Shy went undrafted but is the starting nose tackle for the Saints. All about who fits your scheme. Can not develop someone in a scheme that is not built for them. Also worth mentioning that we are in the race for at least 3-4 OT ranked higher than him.
If you have a future starter in the NFL that doesn’t ‘fit your scheme’, it is time to rethink your scheme. If Wanya excels next season at Oklahoma, it’s not because he was a better fit in their scheme, it’s because our scheme sucked.

SweetasSoda

Captain of the Cheerleaders
If you have a future starter in the NFL that doesn’t ‘fit your scheme’, it is time to rethink your scheme. If Wanya excels next season at Oklahoma, it’s not because he was a better fit in their scheme, it’s because our scheme sucked.
...or Wanya decided to put forth the effort. Besides, who said Wanya was not a fit?

volbeast33

You can count on Carlos!
That’s not even close to true...... I don’t remember anyone saying that but fitting the scheme you are running is important in the NFL just as it is in college.

VN Store

Sponsors